Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:30 AM

Asexuality - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asexuality (579 Views)

Ever Heard Of Asexuality? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Asexuality by Jaika(m): 1:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
Are you ace? Have you ever thought you might be ace? Or have you ever met anyone who (you knew) was ace? Share your experiences.
Re: Asexuality by chatinent: 1:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
What do you mean by ace?
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2022
chatinent:
What do you mean by ace?

It's short for asexuality. Asexuality is a sexual orientation, usually characterized by a lack of sexual attraction to others or a lack of interest in sexual activities.
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 1:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
I think there should be Nigerians who are asexual. Though they may be few.
Re: Asexuality by chatinent: 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jaika:

It's short for asexuality. Asexuality is a sexual orientation, usually characterized by a lack of sexual attraction to others or a lack of interest in sexual activities.
All right.

Well, I am not ace. I like woman.
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 1:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
chatinent:

All right.

Well, I am not ace. I like woman.

I'm sure they like you too grin grin
Re: Asexuality by Eddygourdo(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jaika:
Are you ace? Have you ever thought you might be ace? Or have you ever met anyone who (you knew) was ace? Share your experiences.
people justifying their early onset of mental disorder with a tag name . Better go for evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Asexuality by chatinent: 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jaika:

I'm sure they like you too grin grin

Gbamsolutely
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Eddygourdo:
people justifying their early onset of mental disorder with a tag name . Better go for evaluation.

I completely understand that point of view lol. But do you think it's impossible for someone to not feel sexually attracted to anybody?
Re: Asexuality by Eddygourdo(m): 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jaika:

I completely understand that point of view lol. But do you think it's impossible for someone to not feel sexually attracted to anybody?
that's why I said it is an early onset of mental illness , but somehow we are now in a world where people popularise and justify their mental illnesses and seek acceptance. What else will explain why someone will want to be called "they" and "them"

Or in this situation asexual. Nobody is asexual, you might have a mental condition that makes you feel asexual, so what should be done is a mental evaluation and possible healing, and not an acceptance of the feelings of mental degradation.

1 Like

Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 2:06pm On Jul 24, 2022
Eddygourdo:
that's why I said it is an early onset of mental illness , but somehow we are now in a world where people popularise and justify their mental illnesses and seek acceptance. What else will explain why someone will want to be called "they" and "them"

Or in this situation asexual. Nobody is asexual, you might have a mental condition that makes you feel asexual, so what should be done is a mental evaluation and possible healing, and not an acceptance of the feelings of mental degradation.

You're actually right. When one actually thinks about it, what's going on is a normalization and acceptance of conditions that should be treated.
Re: Asexuality by posty56: 2:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
Eddygourdo:

na you get mental illness , person has lack of interest in sex , you say na mental illness. how
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 2:18pm On Jul 24, 2022
posty56:
na you get mental illness , person has lack of interest in sex , you say na mental illness. how

I think he meant it could be a result of a mental condition. Of course there are other causes....
Re: Asexuality by posty56: 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jaika:

I think he meant it could be a result of a mental condition. Of course there are other causes....
it's not a mental condition anything,what of people that have low libido ,will you classify it as mental illness too ?
Re: Asexuality by Eddygourdo(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jaika:

You're actually right. When one actually thinks about it, what's going on is a normalization and acceptance of conditions that should be treated.
yeah
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2022
posty56:
it's not a mental condition anything,what of people that have low libido ,will you classify it as mental illness too ?

Asexuality could have a biological basis too. I think low libidos are usually (though not always) attributed to levels of hormonal secretions.
Re: Asexuality by Eddygourdo(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2022
posty56:
you not understanding me is a sign of your mental illness. No go away dullard
Re: Asexuality by Freeze007(m): 4:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
Let's look at it from another direction, maybe this is not related to the topic but I beg to digress a little, conforming to that word "asexual" I think that's who the origin was, he however procreated without having an intercourse who agrees with me?
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 4:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
Freeze007:
Let's look at it from another direction, maybe this is not related to the topic but I beg to digress a little, conforming to that word "asexual" I think that's who the origin was, he however procreated without having an intercourse who agrees with me?

That's a nice point. I think they just adopted the term to describe their state, since like you said, it implies absence of coitus.
Re: Asexuality by Freeze007(m): 4:57pm On Jul 24, 2022
You get the drift...lately,been thinking about all the stories I have heard about creation and still have some doubts, I talked to a friend that there are creatures that is asexual which mean the clue we so desire is in all that is created...God has no sexual feeling for certain..I like the topic also I saw something too, 0 stars(do you want to elaborate, I am curious)

quote author=Jaika post=115044619]

That's a nice point. I think they just adopted the term to describe their state, since like you said, it implies absence of coitus. [/quote]
Re: Asexuality by Jaika(m): 5:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
Freeze007:

You get the drift...lately,been thinking about all the stories I have heard about creation and still have some doubts, I talked to a friend that there are creatures that is asexual which mean the clue we so desire is in all that is created...God has no sexual feeling for certain..I like the topic also I saw something too, 0 stars(do you want to elaborate, I am curious)

quote author=Jaika post=115044619]

That's a nice point. I think they just adopted the term to describe their state, since like you said, it implies absence of coitus.

That would be an interesting conversation. Yes God has none. I think it was given for procreation, then companionship and fellowship too. Of course, not everybody acts on that desire but it doesn't make them asexual. For example, Apostle Paul.

Oh it's a quote that resonated with me. Full Dark 0 Stars. It describes how I feel whenever I'm at a low place mentally. It's like the midnight sky with no stars and no moon. So there's no illumination, only darkness. I like the color black too, so there's that grin
Re: Asexuality by Freeze007(m): 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2022
Full dark 0 stars seemed like a message to me but that's by the way, what I mean, it's possible to live with my sister for companionship, fellowship but at the same time she could procreate without any sexual intercourse...I wish I could arrange my thoughts to drive my point, like, procreation should not be a MUST FOR SEX but the enhancement of a certain degree with the highest, this is where MARY comes to the picture and the Mother of someone I know physically, so, am I correct to say these are asexual, even though Mary remarried which may have defeated such postulations as for the other guy I don't know if the Mum married
Jaika:

That would be an interesting conversation. Yes God has none. I think it was given for procreation, then companionship and fellowship too. Of course, not everybody acts on that desire but it doesn't make them asexual. For example, Apostle Paul.

Oh it's a quote that resonated with me. Full Dark 0 Stars. It describes how I feel whenever I'm at a low place mentally. It's like the midnight sky with no stars and no moon. So there's no illumination, only darkness. I like the color black too, so there's that grin

(1) (Reply)

She Would Be Right On Cheating If She Ever Have To Look At You Like This ! / Selina Tested Episode 28 / A Short Story About Divorce [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.