Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,304 members, 7,943,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:58 PM

TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye (1396 Views)

Apostle Suleman Tells His Church Members To Vote For Peter Obi / Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC / Police Arrest IPOB Members Who Attacked Ekweremadu In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by ImDStar: 6:32pm On Jul 24, 2022
General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), Pastor Enoch Adeboye, says he does not tell members of his church who to vote for during elections.

The respected said this while addressing RCCG congregants at a church service.
According to the cleric, his assignment is to pray for people, pray for nations including Nigeria, and that has nothing to do with partisan politics.

He said, “Don’t distract my attention, you will bear me witness, those of you who are genuine members of Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG). I have never told you this is the person you will vote for, Have I ever said that one? Whether in a secret or open, never.

“I have never said this is the party that you will belong to, I have never said it and I will never say it. And you know why? Because in Redeemed Christian Church of God, every party is heavily represented. We have members of APC, PDP, APGA, Labour Party and some that you don’t even know their names.

“The only reason I never voted is that, if I vote for anyone, I will be unjust to the rest of my children, I am the father of all and I like it that way. All I am saying, I am saying loud and clear, you became Nigerians before you became Christians.”

Although the cleric said this months back, the video is currently trending on social media.

https://twitter.com/daily_trust/status/1551251110433898496?t=apwle9VTTbEfI7w1-lAoOg&s=19

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by Jideosas: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
I don't trust any old news.
Rotimi Amechi were once Governor Wikes friend until the tide changed. I will hate to deceive myself. Christians are not happy

3 Likes

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by alsudan: 6:33pm On Jul 24, 2022
This one is still sitting on the fence instead of standing up to be counted like Pastors, Oyedepo, Enenche, Amakwe, Abioye, CAN, PFN and others.

9 Likes

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by EmzyT: 6:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by SmartPolician: 6:37pm On Jul 24, 2022
Pastors cannot influence the decision of their members because religion is just one aspect of electoral decision-making. People also consider the tribal aspect (which is even a bigger factor) and competence (this often takes the back seat).

Many churches just advise. After all, when the economic hardship comes as a result of voting for the church's preferred candidate, the church won't be there to help them. By and large, many churches stay neutral and criticize bad leadership.

In all honesty, I feel Pastor Adebayo is not happy that Yemi Osinbajo is not on the ballot.

2 Likes

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by InsideLove(f): 6:42pm On Jul 24, 2022
shocked shocked shocked
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by mycar: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
that was before the arrival of the fake bishops combo grin

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by TollMind: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
BAT4Naija2023:
Bola Ahmed Tinubu

The MOST Qualified candidate for 2023

BAT for 2023
BAT for Aso Rock
BAT for president
BAT for 9ja

Agbado master and his confused minions thinks this is an acknowledgement to their shameless agenda
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by ImDStar: 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2022
If not Peter Obi, then prepare yourself for what is coming.
We warned you against Buhari.

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by muykem: 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2022
Baba Adeboye is a man of God filled with wisdom from above. The error some clergy are making, is that they see politics from religion angel only. They forget that politics is an occupation to some people, can you tell people to vote against their source of living.

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by BloomingDale(f): 6:59pm On Jul 24, 2022
He has collected first fruit and tithes from Tinubu.
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by WibusJaga: 7:03pm On Jul 24, 2022

Nobody expects Adeboye to tell us who to vote for, but at least he should speak up against the Muslim-Muslim ticket.

Imagine a scenario where this M-M ticket sails thru & we have a Muslim President & a Muslim Vice...

Now imagine a reverse scenario where we have a very competent Christian President & a Christian Vice...
I can guarantee you that the 2nd scenario would be a sure recipe for undiluted violence. Massive protests will erupt in the North, plenty of churches would be burnt down, Christians up north would be lynched at sight, shops would be looted....

So no sensible Christian must support the Muslim-Muslim ticket. Infact no right-thinking Nigerian should support it.
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by Segzy22: 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2022
Jideosas:
I don't trust any old news.
Rotimi Amechi were once Governor Wikes friend until the tide changed. I will hate to deceive myself. Christians are not happy
It is you that you are not happy and I am happy.

I'm a Christian and I'm BATified.

Tinubu all the way!!!

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by newbornmacho(m): 7:05pm On Jul 24, 2022
You don't tell them who to vote for but you prophesy over osinbajo to be president and you tell them a redeemed member will be president in your life time...abeg give your members direction .

When they islamize Nigeria you will come and preach tithe abi angry
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by diadem10: 7:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
Of course No compulsion.

Point is these big churches are in Lagos. Why hasn't Tinubu islamised them?

If Tinubu didn't islamise his wife and Lagos, he won't islamise anyone.

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by jogojogo: 7:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
Please go and sit down. Pastor Adeboye has never given direction to members of RCCG even when Osinbanjo contested in the previous election
newbornmacho:
You don't tell them who to vote for but you prophesy over osinbajo to be president and you tell them a redeemed member will be president in your life time...abeg give your members direction .

When they islamize Nigeria you will come and preach tithe abi angry
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 24, 2022
alsudan:
This one is still sitting on the fence instead of standing up to be counted like Pastors, Oyedepo, Enenche, Amakwe, Abioye, CAN, PFN and others.

You called pastor Adeboye "this one" and if people attack Peter Obi, you people will run amok despite he is older, more righteous and impeccable than Peter Obi, you will rubbish Yoruba people and you expect us to accord you respect, never.

1 Like

Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by Advocate500: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2022
Mumu man with mumu talk as usual.
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by newbornmacho(m): 8:02pm On Jul 24, 2022
jogojogo:
Please go and sit down. Pastor Adeboye has never given direction to members of RCCG even when Osinbanjo contested in the previous election

Both you and him are liars

Explain to us the meaning of office of directrate of politics and governance of the rccg

Kindly read the memo communicating its establishment and tell me how that syncs with neutrality in politics....
Ohhhhh it is only to be used to mobilizer for rccg members abi grin
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:34pm On Jul 24, 2022
The man has spoken their are card carried members of different political members in his church.did you think other members would be happy with him for taken side.the office of directrate of politics is to assist members who are candidates in respect of the parties they belong
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by Vote4ObiDatti: 8:35pm On Jul 24, 2022
Nonsense and ingredients!
When Bat has already visited him and promised him whatever, that's why he is now talking tongue in cheek.

I wasn't even expecting him to say anything reasonable, this man and bakare are a bunch of disappointment.

If the sort of attack that happened on the church in Ondo should occur on redeemed church, the members should hold Adeboye responsible.
Re: TRENDING: Why I Don’t Tell My Church Members Who To Vote For – Pst. Adeboye by SIMONEKPA7: 11:50pm On Jul 24, 2022
Adeboye is a full APC member. He is part of those who contributed in making the disaster PMB our president

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Break Into Many Houses In Kaduna, Abduct Residents / Anambra Under Peter Obi Was Ranked 3rd In Worst State To Do Business In 2010 / Trending Tinubu Emilokan Song (now With Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.