Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,495 members, 7,940,885 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Boarding Schools Should Be Banned - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Boarding Schools Should Be Banned (3660 Views)

UK Boarding Schools Storm Nigeria In January / New Kano Almajiri Boarding Schools (Photos) / The Disadvantages Of Sending Your Children To Boarding Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2022
Georgekyrian:
I’m a product of boarding school, Junior secondary is Seminary and senior secondary in mission school. Is the best thing that happened to me.
Only once had someone- a seminarian in my ss2 (na me find trouble, because he can always dash and buy me gift till after that day which I stopped) made homosexual advance to me and I rejected with full force.. well I’m handsome but kind of introvert and also too strong to reject what I hate. Blame those moral failure on parents.
maybe I will say thanks to those sweet Auntys that molested me from tender age At a time life made me stronger

Will that faggin had gotten access to your boi puna if you were in that environment ?
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by DeepThroater: 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2022
Richy4:
<<Instead of looking at the remote cause of a problem and see if that could be remedied, u are looking at it in an outrageous direction...

<<Nigeria have an insecurity problem.. what are the leaders doing about it? What are the government doing to secure citizens and their properties?

<< We read online every now and then how terrorists kidnapped citizens.. some on public transport, some in their villages.. that basically got nothing to do with boarding school right?..do we now ban people from staying in their villages because it exposes them to terrorists... Or maybe rail means of transportation should be eradicated as well because terrorists targets it..ie if we have to follow your logic/ reasoning...

<< People taking hard drugs today in many Nigerian community and suburb are not only those that went to boarding school... Maybe you should do a good survey on smokers/ those that uses drugs... Include on the survey if they were day students or boarders in their secondary school days..it will give you a clear picture instead of assumptions..

<< There are parents today who relocated from one State to another eg from Lagos to Abuja... The basic challenge they face is accommodation.. if they find a good school first with boarding facility, enroll their children first before finding a decent accommodation for the whole family... that's always the main goal..

<<Some organisations in Abuja got staff quarters, sometimes it takes months before staff houses becomes available for them... But the parent won't have to worry about the inconvenience their children might suffer because they are already in boarding house.

What's with the 4chan green txt?

If you had bothered to read properly you will see that insecurity is just one of the many problems associated with boarding house in Nigeria.

You can't expect boarding schools to function like what you have abroad just like about everything else in Nigeria.

The environment is toxic and a grooming ground for too much vice and a perfect bullying arena.

Have you forgotten so soon the young boy who died from severe beatings he got from older students? Would that have happened in a school in the US or UK?

Abeg. Let's not deceive ourselves. These are not pigs or goats they are housing but someone's child .

If you can't reason from that perspective then its obvious you don't have children of your own.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by LienwaltAbel(m): 8:42pm On Jul 25, 2022
No wonder the leaders of this country are all idiots. When the citizens are idiots, do you expect the leaders to have brains? Is it not from the citizens that leaders emerge? Just look at the rubbish op wrote. We are suffering insecurity, economic breakdown, widespread bribery and corruption, and a host of other maladies. Yet, one efulefu (look at the fool's name self, a name that reeks of immaturity and sexual addiction) is here ranting about boarding schools. Get out you fool.
Re: Boarding Schools Should Be Banned by pipfisher: 10:35am On Jul 26, 2022
Absolutely

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jamb Admission Stutus Is Out.success / Dramatic Moment Kids Fight Off Massive Snake As It Tries To Kill Their Pet Dog / Dose The Waec Or Neco Do Expire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.