Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,349 members, 7,888,113 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? (792 Views)

UK University Goes On Strike - Nigerian Student Shocked / 20 Rarely Used English Words That We Need To Know / ASUP To Begin Indefinite Strike Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? by Falisprosis: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2022
Please admin i would like this topic to be in front page.

I've just always been wondering why Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics in Nigeria (ASUP) rarely goes on strike why Academic Staff Union of Universities in Nigeria (ASUU) always perennially go on strike despite both being in the same environment and sorounded by almost the same circumstances.

The reasons might be some of the solutions to perennial ASUU strike?

Let's start the discuss....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? by tayewomi(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
You' can never compare the work force in universities to polytechnic..Poly lecturers especially fed poly are earning more than their University counterpart,poly doesn't need much funding unlike Universities..FG had disbursed 15b revitilization funds to poly last month,whereby ASUU needs 200b..ASUU re just too gterdy

2 Likes

Re: Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? by tayewomi(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2022
You' can never compare the work force in universities to polytechnic..Poly lecturers especially fed poly are earning more than their University counterpart,poly doesn't need much funding unlike Universities..FG had disbursed 15b revitilization funds to poly last month,whereby ASUU needs 200b..ASUU re just too greedy

2 Likes

Re: Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? by rant19ade: 9:16pm On Jul 25, 2022
tayewomi:
You' can never compare the work force in universities to polytechnic..Poly lecturers especially fed poly are earning more than their University counterpart,poly doesn't need much funding unlike Universities..FG had disbursed 15b revitilization funds to poly last month,whereby ASUU needs 200b..ASUU re just too gterdy

How do you know they earn more?

I agree it takes way less to run a poly compared to a uni.
But I also feel the asup feels if govt can be this stubborn with ASUU demands, then they just not ans the asup guys. No shades

1 Like

Re: Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? by tayewomi(m): 10:32pm On Jul 25, 2022
rant19ade:

How do you know they earn more?

I agree it takes way less to run a poly compared to a uni.
But I also feel the asup feels if govt can be this stubborn with ASUU demands, then they just not ans the asup guys. No shades
maybe sha

1 Like

Re: Why is it that ASUP rarely goes On strike while ASUU often go on strike? by louiskay(m): 10:39pm On Jul 25, 2022
Nigeria has become unbearable for the common and hoping. Things are getting out of hands.

How do we steer clear off this problem

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Last Moment In Aso Rock |indeed Nothing Last Forest / Carrington Heritage / Paypal And G-gold Account Needed!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.