Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,460 members, 7,974,878 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 12:24 PM

Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers (9401 Views)

Confirmation Of Rotimi Amaechi And Other Ministerial Nominees / Amaechi And Wife Loved Up After His Ministerial Screening(photos) / Rotimi Amaechi And Fani-Kayode On Politics Today On Channels TV. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by Nobody: 11:53pm On Aug 01, 2011
you will be extremely suprised who runs those Abattoirs in PH,  I have been there and can tell you it's strictly Yorubas but the state govt choose to ignore the fact that the abattoirs are eye sores and it's even close to the river bank in Oginigba area in PH,

Every market in PH has abatoir with the one in slaughter (name of the biggest red meat market in PH) being the biggest,  Those markets all have Yorubas controlling the meat markets with the men slaughtering and women sellin alongside some men, But 90% Yorubas I must stress,

What surprises me is the ignorance of the state government, They have refused to cash in on this millions of nairas a day business by building and renting out a modern abattoir to the markets, The abattoirs are big money for them,

The meats are daily fresh and they sell it all everyday!! the bones are sold to security companies to feed their dogs with (some people with dogs also buy bones to boil for their dog friends)!!

The state government could be making millions a day from these abattoirs if they are modernized but they are totally being ignored, And the funniest thing is that the abattoirs are close to rivers polluting the entire area!!
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 11:57pm On Aug 01, 2011
blacksta:

Let give credit where it is due.  Rotimi is a good governor.  I was in PH in 2008 and 2010 and i could surely tell the difference. 
there's more to rivers state than PH.
ogononiland where this farm is locacted is one of the most backward places on earth.
amaechi has more money than anyone(governor) else but is focused so much on his greater PH idea expanding the overcrowded capital while ignoring the rest of the state.
farms succeed because of entrepreneurs supported by subsidies not government building farms for billions of naira only to divest them for a pittance anter years of plundering .
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 11:58pm On Aug 01, 2011
nothing surprising
yorubas have been driving taxis and selling meat in PH for decades. but that is irrelevant to our discussion whether meat sellers are hutu or tutsi
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 12:10am On Aug 02, 2011
that government does not cash in on an obvious business opportunity is not ignorance !
that is not their job.
it just shows an indolent people unwilling to strive.
what next,will government open beer parlours and pepper soup joint?
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 02, 2011
aribisala0:

that government does not cash in on an obvious business opportunity is not ignorance !
that is not their job.
it just shows an indolent people unwilling to strive.
what next,will government open beer parlours and pepper soup joint?

Lol the markets are actually public markets owned by the communities they are located in!!! Chill,

Just saying the government can make money off it simple,  Not many people have much money to invest in modern abattoir neither can they get credit from bank cause of collateral,

The money from the traditional abattoir is usually shared among vast number of people from those who put down the cows to those who market them,

The reason I stress the Yorubaness of those who run the abattoirs is because of tribal nut jobs so they know!!
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 12:27am On Aug 02, 2011
ok.
as far as yorubaness goes there is a tribe of yoruba that sell meat .not all yoruba
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 02, 2011
aribisala0:

ok.
as far as yorubaness goes there is a tribe of yoruba that sell meat .not all yoruba

And how would you knoe this tribe of Yoruba that sells meat lol, I think even if they sell piss, as long as people are buying it, and they are not stealing, life goes on, I won't be able to know who comes from Yoruba that sells meat as I have seen Yorubas from Lagos, Osun, Kwarra, Ekiti, Ondo in the abattoirs all selling and killing cows, goats etc, So I don't really know which Yorubas are alapatas lol!!!!
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aloyemeka2: 2:00am On Aug 02, 2011
aribisala0:

there's more to rivers state than PH.
ogononiland where this farm is locacted is one of the most backward places on earth.
amaechi has more money than anyone(governor) else but is focused so much on his greater PH idea expanding the overcrowded capital while ignoring the rest of the state.

farms succeed because of entrepreneurs supported by subsidies not government building farms for billions of naira only to divest them for a pittance anter years of plundering .

Didn't you just say that he located the farm in Ogoniland?. Farm is not development?
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by EkoIle1: 4:00am On Aug 02, 2011
phantom:

grin ;Dyou read ekoile's post and have drawn your conclusions??please i wish you could visit the place.

Olodo, have you visited the place? It's easy to tell from the silly article that the whole thing was stitched together with junk buzz words.

What else is going on beyond a state with the largest budget spending in Nigeria boasting about some mediocre poultry and 400 crates of eggs?

400 crates of eggs? Are these people for real?

I bet half of the eggs from the yeye poultry heads straight to the governors mansion to wash mouth with. What's a serious government with so much money doing with a freeking poultry and even lying and aggrandizing it to be what it's really not?

Talk about faulty and senseless vision.
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 5:50am On Aug 02, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Didn't you just say that he located the farm in Ogoniland?. Farm is not development?
you really aren't very bright ,are you?

what a breakthrough for the ogonis they produce 400 crates of eggs daily!
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by 2gd: 10:28am On Aug 02, 2011
I have been to the Songai farm in Benin republic and I was very impressed. The guy is very innovative and visionary. Everything on the farm is sustainable. The poultry farms are not made from concrete, but from bamboo planted on the farm. The food used to fish the fish in the huge fish pond( which the guy created because part of the land he got was marshy).the roofs of the snailery and other animal housing are made from palm trees planted on the farm- and also the palm oil is gotten from these trees. They produce eggs, honey, soap and all sorts of things ou can imagine a farm produces- plus more.

When we got there , we were told that they were happy, because waste from the guest house was chanelled towards gas production. in fact at that time, they were just investing in solar energy at that time, I am sure that it would be better now.

I was super impressed when I went there.

The guy explained to us that he first wanted to do it in Nigeria, but no state would give him land as they did not believe in his project. Benin Republic gladly gave him land for free and in return , he trains their local people on different farming techniques for free!

And about the abattoir, it is not pecuilar to PH, Lagos has one f the best abattoirs. I have been to a couple of abattoirs(for IT and also field trips) in the country and I tell you they are a sorry sight. This is a very sore subject for us. The pics you have shown look like most abattoirs I have been to. Take the Ibadan abattoir for instance, or some of the ones in the north.

It is a government problem. Funding may not be released for upgrading the abattoirs and even if they are, the fund s must be enetering people's pockets.

If I begin to tell you the atrocities commited y butchers, you will not eat meat anymore I tell you. smiley
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by Fidelo726: 11:56am On Aug 02, 2011
Thank you 2gd for the info. The essence of the songai farm was not mainly production. The reuse of the material was actually what farmers have to emulate. We do not only have to look at things from the ethnicity part of it. I cannot imagine eko ile bringing in the picture of a local abattoir and comparing it with what an inspection of a farm by fashola. It goes to show how much tribal issues matter to you.

If the 36 governors of nigeria a to be assessed, Amaechi surely will be among the first
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by babsaga: 2:37pm On Aug 02, 2011
WE REALLY HAVE TO COMMEND AMAECHI FOR IMPLEMENTING THE PROJECT. I WAS AMONG THE TRAINEE SENT FROM OSUN STATE FOR THE SAME PROGRAMME, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, WHEN WE GOT BACK WE WERE TOLD BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT HEADED BY PRINCE OLAGUNSOYE OYINLOLA THAT THERE WAS NO MONEY TO IMPLEMENT THE PROJECT. AFTER SPENDING SUCH A HUGE SOME OF MONEY ON TRAINING. SO, KUDOS TO AMAECHI, HE HAS DONE COMMENDABLY WELL.
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by Fidelo726: 4:52pm On Aug 02, 2011
babsaga:

WE REALLY HAVE TO COMMEND AMAECHI FOR IMPLEMENTING THE PROJECT. I WAS AMONG THE TRAINEE SENT FROM OSUN STATE FOR THE SAME PROGRAMME, BUT YOU KNOW WHAT, WHEN WE GOT BACK WE WERE TOLD BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT HEADED BY PRINCE OLAGUNSOYE OYINLOLA THAT THERE WAS NO MONEY TO IMPLEMENT THE PROJECT. AFTER SPENDING SUCH A HUGE SOME OF MONEY ON TRAINING. SO, KUDOS TO AMAECHI, HE HAS DONE COMMENDABLY WELL.

This is what I will call testimony.
There is need to have a little diversification from the oil and gas.
And for this laudable project to be coming from an oil state, we should do more than excoriate.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by topatee: 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2011
[/quote]And how would you knoe this tribe of Yoruba that sells meat lol,  I think even if they sell piss, as long as people are buying it, and they are not stealing, life goes on,  I won't be able to know who comes from Yoruba that sells meat as I have seen Yorubas from Lagos, Osun, Kwarra, Ekiti, Ondo in the abattoirs all selling and killing cows, goats etc,  So I don't really know which Yorubas are alapatas lol!!!![quote]

Olumyde, jo shanu e, e be like say the guy get microscope to x-ray all meat seller, maybe him de sell HUMAN Parts
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by aribisala0(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
lagosians do not sell meat neither do ijebus!
those of you that sell meat know yasef.
normally your postcode/Zip (3x3 or 4x4) is clear on ya face
Re: Amaechi And Songhai Farm Revolution In Rivers by 9jatriot(m): 1:03pm On Oct 20, 2015
Least we begin to forget.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Opon Imo (aregbesola) VS Laptop (peter Obi) / Reasons Why Tinubu's Teeth Is Yellow And Its Possible Cure (see Picture) / Festus Okoye: Why INEC Can’t Remove Dead Persons From Voter Register

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.