Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,312 members, 7,887,929 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:39 PM

What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? (249 Views)

Mini Buses & Marwa Hire purchase / Toyota Sienna Or Hiace Buses Needed / Inquiry About Documents For Opening Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Do - No Custom's Documents For Shuttle Buses? by matt4good: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2022
What to do - No Custom's documents for Shuttle Buses?

I am here at Ladipo, Lagos - trying to buy a shuttle bus.
The budget for this is between 1.5 to 2.0.

I asked the sellers about Custom's documents - that I need to
verify the custom's paper regarding payment of duties on the bus before
buying any. I do not want to have any problems with Nigerian customs.

I have been just told - by multiple sellers at Ladipo - that they do not give
Custom's papers for shuttle buses; that shuttle buses are imported into the country as spare parts,
and then assembled in Nigeria. That the only documents I will receive are receipts
and change of ownership documents.

I understand that the shuttle buses come as spare parts ...

Questions:
(1) But what if I run into customs guys and they ask about custom's papers?
(2) What if I go to register the shuttle bus to get plate number and other documents and they ask about custom's paper?
(3) What if I drive the shuttle bus from Lagos to Anambra - how am I going to handle Custom's guys?

Guys with experience, please I need your advice. I don't want to be at the mercy of Custom's people.
I am afraid that the shuttle bus risk being impounded, so a big risk of losing 1.5 - 2.0 in the future.

Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

How To Trade Ahead Of The News / What Can An Extra 150k -500k Do For You Monthly ? / Make $200 - $500 Uploading Books On Amazon (the Lazy Nigerian Youth Way)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.