Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,379 members, 7,901,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 09:43 PM

Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP (619 Views)

BREAKING: Senator Utazi Resigns Membership Of PDP / Adebutu's Camp In Disarray As Party Chieftain Resigns / Dino Melaye Defects To PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by JEWELofHELL: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2022
Former Commissioner for Finance in Osun State and a supporter of Mr Rauf Aregbesola, the immediate past governor of the state, Dr Wale Bolorunduro, on Wednesday, defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

The APC chieftain who made the announcement of his resignation in a press conference in Osogbo said, having made wide consultations with his supporters, friends, admirers and family who felt the best option for him was to shine the light, they opted for the PDP.

He said, “I hereby resign the membership of the All Progressive Congress (APC) after eleven (11) years of active partisanship in the party. While my deportment, in August 2011 to ACN and APC (now) was by fate, I remain mortally grateful to Aregbesola for that singular act.

“I had used the opportunity to serve my state diligently and with the whole of my heart. As a top management staff of the current biggest bank in Nigeria, I used my contacts in the industry to raise funds to modernise my state. The sheer quantum of funds mobilized is a testament to creative financing and talent imbued by God on Osun citizens, who supported us during the capital raising.

“I have consulted wisely with my followers, admirers, friends and family, who felt we should pitch our tent with PDP, to join this party and to work with them to shine the light (Imole Osun).”

He remarked that he would have made his intention known before the July 16, 2022, gubernatorial election in the state but “knowing ‘them’ it was better ‘to err on the side of caution’ for us to have today, tomorrow and the future”.

Bolorunduro said, “having been a member of the All Progressives Congress (APC) for eleven years, it is evidently clear that the party has departed from the old time progressive ideologies which eventually culminated in a loss of the election by the incumbent government.”

According to him “Osun APC has gone beyond salvage with deceit, injustice, lack of fairness, unhealthy/needless rivalry and poor reward that are alien to what Awolowo stood for.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/osun-apc-chieftain-resigns-membership-defects-to-pdp/

Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by Malory: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
Only Tinubu and his family will be left in APC.

4 Likes

Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by Dubaku543: 3:17pm On Jul 28, 2022
T
Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
Oyetola and Tinubu are on there own grin

4 Likes

Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by Floorbeat(f): 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2022
The struggle continues.
Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by Conrod: 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2022
For what APC has done to the naira,...they shall labour in vain.

1 Like

Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by tollyboy5(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2022
cheesy I see APC Yoruba faction going everywhere to blackmail Yoruba nation. Making SWAGA movement look like Yoruba thing which is a fat lie.

I'm waiting to see where APC will get block vote from in 2023 because it can never be Lagos or Ogun state, maybe it's Ekiti massive vote lol.
Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by Opintiwa: 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2022
Hahahaha blame ipob grin

APC is finished
Re: Osun APC Chieftain Resigns Membership, Defects To PDP by FirstSon01: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2022
PDP2023 here we go!

Deal signed and confirmed, awaiting personal agreement between player (Atiku) and players (Nigerian masses).

Price tagged at 21m votes with add ons.

(1) (Reply)

APC Wants To Rescue Nigeria....again. / Are Hausa/fulani Ever Going To Forgive Tinubu For Killing Them In Lagos??? / Insecurity: FCT Police Commissioner Orders Arrest Of Illegal Users Of Drones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.