Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,992 members, 7,873,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:37 AM

2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone (6967 Views)

State By State Statistics Of 2014 Waec Results. / Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 / Jamb Utme 2012/2013 Registration Has Commenced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 1:47am On Aug 02, 2011
South.East:

Is this a data? Na so your teacher teach you to collect data? So much for your sabi sabi
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 1:53am On Aug 02, 2011
Each individual that make up the stats in the ''data'' took the exam only once; thus no reproducibility as to how they can pass the exam. One time 100% pass could be fluke; could be exam malpractice; could be anything but the true test of knowledge. Then, you judge each zone based on one set of data (one year). What do you conclude from that? By definition it could be data. Even my sh.it na data. But it is no data any sensible person would work with. Are you sensible in prancing all over the damn place with such a data?

So, get data for several years and study it to see any consistencies.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by ektbear: 2:01am On Aug 02, 2011
So you seem to have retracted your previous statement and concede that this is indeed data. No doubt your previous mistake was due to not being a native English speaker.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 2:02am On Aug 02, 2011
It is ''data'' and not data. Retract what?
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 2:11am On Aug 02, 2011
I speak enough English to teach English and American students in English. Native speaker my nyash!!!!
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by ektbear: 2:21am On Aug 02, 2011
Unfortunate for your students. "Data" vs. data, indeed.

Anyway, I don't want this thread to be derailed into focusing on you. . . so I'll drop anything not directly related to the OP.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by aljharem3: 2:26am On Aug 02, 2011
I thought they said the SE has beaten SW in education undecided

well good
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by lagcity(m): 3:45am On Aug 02, 2011
alj_harem:

well good

don't mind them. them think say Imo state uni na him we dey talk. they don't get it.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by chamber2(m): 4:02am On Aug 02, 2011
I thought they said the SE has beaten SW in education

well good

You must be an alien. You don't have to conclude with one data set. If we make a historical comparison then you will be amazed at the result.BTW, the SE is not interested in beating anyone, we are only interested in getting our people educated.

Imo State is very interesting to me. Either it has probably one of the highest indigene populations in Nigeria, or the people there are exceptionally interested in education.

There is something exceptional about Imo state. Mere stepping into the state will convince you. Owerri is the only state capital in Nigeria where people speak correct English, including KEKE riders and market women grin A friend visited sometime ago and was surprised at how people drive in the state. The level of civility in Imo state is unmatched.

Education in Imo state is not about statistics, it is in the people.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by automania: 6:08am On Aug 02, 2011
alj_harem:

well good

A huge percentage of SW's 353231 is made up of SE indigenes (same in other zones). Put that into consideration and get the true picture.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by Sike(m): 6:58am On Aug 02, 2011
Mobinga:

And so? Why do you guys care so much about zones, tribes? What the phuck is wrong with you people?
I tire o!
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by gidson12(m): 7:35am On Aug 02, 2011
hmmn! Nice post anyway, ekt bear, can you get a statistics or data for the cutoff of 180 and 200 above, cos that is what most institutions base as criteria for qualification for the post UTME exam before admitted into the institution, 170 is a fail
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 02, 2011
Very gud 4 Biafra.

I can't stop imagining what 9ja will be without the Eastern region and the SW zone.
If u doubt this,just allow one of them to secede from your God-cursed union,9ja.
God bless the LAND OF THE RISING SUN,BIAFRA
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by emmke(m): 8:15am On Aug 02, 2011
ferderick:

Very gud 4 Biafra.

I can't stop imagining what 9ja will be without the Eastern region and the SW zone.
If u doubt this,just allow one of them to secede from your God-cursed union,9ja.
God bless the LAND OF THE RISING SUN,BIAFRA

i doubt that so am allowing biafra to secede. U guys can go. Go with all ur geniuses. Lol
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by buy1get3(m): 8:42am On Aug 02, 2011
utme indeed!!!!
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by ektbear: 8:45am On Aug 02, 2011
gidson12:

hmmn! Nice post anyway, ekt bear, can you get a statistics or data for the cutoff of 180 and 200 above, cos that is what most institutions base as criteria for qualification for the post UTME exam before admitted into the institution, 170 is a fail      

I could, but the same trend for 170 and 180 shows off for 190 and 200. So I didn't bother typing it in.

automania:

A huge percentage of SW's 353231 is made up of SE indigenes (same in other zones). Put that into consideration and get the true picture.
But this is a list of exam takers listed by the state the are indigenous to. Of the SW residents, plenty are from other zones. But SW indigenes? But there is no such thing as an Igbo indigene of the SW zone, for example. He will be indigenous to some other states/zone.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by ojuyobo111: 8:48am On Aug 02, 2011
Kudos to the poster. can we really rely on this statistics?

We  need to know the level of malpractices before we can really get meaningful interpretation out of it.

I am of the opinion that if a student can score 180 in UME independent of any microchip and can defend the result, he/she is better to people that score 399 with the help of different exam manipulation devices.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by CyberG: 9:07am On Aug 02, 2011
South.East:

You are a certified idi.ot if you presume you can dictate for me what to write. Now, have we met before?

You just got banned (South-East == South.East) because of your abuse of the rules of this forum, yet your post proves you are incapable of learning! LOL. . .only a "certified i??.?t" like you mentioned does that! Every unbiased observer sees that your only point here (and on most discussions) is tribalism and racism! Liberate your soul from tribalism and NO, you can never meet me because you live in the world of tribalism, racism and bigotry -- I am far from that gutter! In case you don't know, this is how "someone" started, read "Mein Kampf". I have no time for your silly and petty games of bigotry, so let the discussion stay on topic now and you can open your own thread to massage your ego.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by Bawss1(m): 10:19am On Aug 02, 2011
^
South.East is is vying for troll of the month. Don't feed the trolls.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by phreakabit(m): 11:12am On Aug 02, 2011
Abokis. . . . . . Always in the forefront of the inglorious pack of last-comers. I dey feel una wink
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by klas(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2011
Unrefined data before last year may be incomparable to the last and this years' data because jamb exams in the last 2 years combined university, polytechnic and college of education together to become Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination unlike in the previous years when we had ume, pcee separately
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by automania: 12:26pm On Aug 02, 2011
ekt_bear:

I could, but the same trend for 170 and 180 shows off for 190 and 200. So I didn't bother typing it in.
But this is a list of exam takers listed by the state the are indigenous to. Of the SW residents, plenty are from other zones. But SW indigenes? But there is no such thing as an Igbo indigene of the SW zone, for example. He will be indigenous to some other states/zone.

Thank you for putting me through wink
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
Folks,

You will get a better understanding of what is going in if you read this thread in its entirety. More reliable data over time, and accessory info from newspapers

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-237534.448.html
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by Texther(m): 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
Whats all these useless!!!! A waste of time
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2011
I talk am say this na fake data from a fake website

According to Ojerinde (Head of JAMB) ''A total of 1, 493, 604 registered for the examination but the JAMB Registrar said only [b]1, 450, 143 [/b]candidates actually sat for the examination, indicating about 43, 461 absentees''. http://tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/news/4511-jamb-releases-2011-utme-results-withholds-22-664-candidates-results-197-prison-inmates-wrote-exam.html

The owner of the blog obviously inflated the Figures in his website to suit his purpose. If you total his numbers, it give you 1493300 which is 43,149 higher than the true Figure from JAMB. Now who is the owner of the blog site that this data was obtained from?

Going further,

''He said the results of about 7, 160 candidates mostly from Lagos, Rivers and Abia examination centres were questionable because of what he described as “centres of excellence” and that the results would be subjected to further scrutiny before there are released''. This is the same Lagos that is now claimed to pass better than others.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 2:57pm On Aug 02, 2011
Some typos in the post above; could not correct it for some reasons

Now, going further still, Ojerinde says

“while 842, 851 candidates scored below 200 marks, 495,426 candidates scored between 200-249 and 67,732 scored between 250-269 as well as 31, 444 others, who scored between 270-299 marks.” I a quite busy now. Can somebody do the math to compare these figure to what the OP poster from that website?

Further still

''Out of this, the JAMB according him, is currently investigating the results of 7, 504 candidates, from some centres which he said are suspicious, and so the results must undergo further screening because of the unusual performances [/b]recorded by candidates from those centre.''

He stated further that ''a total of [b]15, 160, representing 1.014 % of candidates, who participated in the examination were involved in exam malpractices.
''

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/breaking-news-jamb-releases-2011-utme-resultssays-824851-candidates-scored-below-200-marks/

1 Like

Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2011
While a total of 200 visually impaired candidates sat for the exams, 197 prisoners from mainly Kaduna State and Ikoyi Prison in Lagos State sat for the 2011 UTME exams. [b]Imo State has highest number of applicants in the exams [/b]as the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, got the least applicant.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=post;topic=725471.32;num_replies=57
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by Mobinga: 3:03pm On Aug 02, 2011
South.East

The phuck is your problem? Why are you so drunk on tribes? What are you trying to prove?

What a fool.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 3:12pm On Aug 02, 2011
JAMB releases results, 842,941 score below 200
By John Alechenu, Abuja
Saturday, 25 Jun 2011

View All (91) Comment(s)

Post Comment

Twitter

Send to friend

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board on Friday released the results of last Saturday’s Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination.

Out of the 1,493,000 candidates that sat for the examination, a total of 2,892 candidates scored 300 and above, while 842,941 candidates scored below 200 marks.

The Registrar and Chief Executive of JAMB, Prof. Dibu Ojerinde, stated that 28,069 cases of incomplete results were recorded.

This, he explained, was due to a number of factors including candidates’ failure to fill in their subjects properly; multiple shading; or no shading at all.

Ojerinde noted that the figure was a remarkable reduction compared to the 2010 exam, but noted that it was still high. He said, “Our target is to totally eliminate this phenomenon by drumming it to out examiners to do checks on candidates during the examinations.”

Other figures showed that a total of 7,504 results were withheld and are still under investigation by the examination body. About 15,160 cases of various forms of examination malpractices were also recorded.

The statistics showed that candidates from Imo State topped list of applicants with 113,543, representing 7.60 per cent, followed by Delta with a total of 93,971 candidates representing 6.29 per cent.

In contrast, the Federal Capital Territory recorded the lowest number with 3,093 candidates, representing 0.21 per cent, while Zamfara had 5,253 candidates, representing 0.35 per cent of the total applicants.

As for the highest number of applicants, the University of Lagos received 99,195 applicants, but can only admit 9,507 candidates. The Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and University of Nigeria, Nsukka, had 89,760 and 88, 177 applicants respectively.

Ojerinde noted that while the UTME was created out of the need to expand access, candidates continued to have higher preference for universities ahead of other tertiary institutions.

“Unfortunately, the universities still contend with the constraints of carrying capacities,” Ojerinde said.

On the controversial biometric method of screening introduced by the board this year, Ojerinde explained that JAMB recorded more successes than failures in the project.

He said about 99,000 candidates were successfully thumb-printed while the rest (about 500,000), were screened through the traditional method of using the e-slip.

Ojerinde said, “To us in JAMB, it has recorded more successes than drawbacks. For instance, the system in many centres ensured candidates were orderly and peaceful.

“We will want to place on record that we commend their patience in this regard, just as we are determined to rise above the few hiccups that were experienced this time around.

“In addition, a majority of the candidates came early and the impersonators were fenced off as a result of the knowledge and utilisation of the biometrics”. He promised improvements in subsequent examinations.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?datex=06/25/2011&theartic=Art201106252381721
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2011
Conclusion: In terms of quantity, it is established that the SE leads from data from several years. In terms of quantity, there is no conclusion because of exam malpractice and lack of consistent data over time

This thread is null and void because of descrepancies compared to official info from Dibu Ojerinde.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
Vanguard newspaper

BY DAYO ADESULU
When the JAMB boss, Professor Dibu Ojerinde announced the UTME result of 2011 and Miss Chioma Ezeizu was discovered to be amongst the best students, people wondered at her age and performance.

Miss. Ezeizu Chioma Gloria, receiving Best Student in Academics, Award from Rev. Fr, Emmanuel Ugwejeh, St. Francis Catholic Secondary School Administrator, and her mother Mrs. Lucy Ezeizu, look on. at St. Francis Catholic Secondary School, Graduation ceremony, held at school Compound, Idimu, Lagos. Photo by Bunmi Azeez

advertisement

Some persons who are quick at given comment might say it was not the true reflection of her academic performance. It was one of those ways (exams malpractices) through which students pass exams. But this damsel told UTME when she scored 299 that her best is yet to come.

It would be recalled that Chioma has maintained a consistent academic performance throughout her stay in Saint Francis Catholic Secondary School, Idimu, Lagos. This was brought to the fore recently when her school announced the best academic student during the graduation and valedictory service of 2011.

It was discovered that Chioma has been consistent in her academic performance. The breakdown of her academic performance revealed that in 2005/2006 academic session when in JSS 1, this candidate was the best overall student in JSS 1 and carted away eleven (11) awards as the best student in eleven subjects out of 14 subjects

Moreover, in 2006/2007 academic session, this feat was repeated by winning the best student in JSS 2 and carting away ten (10) awards in ten subjects out of 14 subjects.

The story did not change, in the 2007/2008 academic session, Chioma set a record which no other student has been able to break, equal or surpass as she remains the only candidate in the history of the school to have made thirteen Distinctions i.e. (13 As) in the NECO- JSCE result. The candidate, thus, became the best overall in JSS 3 that year.

As she graduated to Senior Secondary School, in the 2008/2009 academic session, this exceptional girl was also the best overall student in SS 1 and went home with awards and prizes.

In the 2009/2010 academic session, the story remained unchanged as she still retuned as the best overall student in SS 2.

Again, in SS 3, this current session, Chioma did not relent in her oars as she emerged the best overall student in the 2011 Mock examination result. No wonder, she scored 299 in the 2011 UTME result.

Speaking with Vanguard Education Weekly, Chioma pointed out that the secret of her success is reading and jolting. She disclosed that, she maintained nine hours daily reading habit and also take notes in the process of reading.

Chioma who came third in the essay competitions organized by the America Embassy said that she wishes to study medicine outside the shore of this country as the America Embassy keeps her hope alive when she was promised a scholarship if she can make nine "As" in her SSCE result.

Chioma urged her fellow students out there to be diligent in hard work as this is the secret to success.
Re: 2011 Jamb/utme Data By State/zone by SouthEast2: 3:17pm On Aug 02, 2011
So exam malpractice is an issue that needs to be addressed before we can talk of quality data.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic School ID Card Registration Procedures / Meet The Popular Church Where Huge Backside Women Twerk During Praises To God / Informatics Kazaure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.