Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,814 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:10 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (1002) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1305165 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by simababe(f): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2023
dtrixna01:
Hey guys it’s PPR 😃

Yayyyy. Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by benedictuyi(m): 9:51am On Apr 12, 2023
dtrixna01:
Hey guys it’s PPR 😃
Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceCoast: 9:59am On Apr 12, 2023
englishgirl55:
Female accommodation needed in Mississauga Ontario. Pls DM. Resumption is in May
interested my no is 07084357140. Can we connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by PrinceCoast: 12:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
englishgirl55:
Female accommodation needed in Mississauga Ontario. Pls DM. Resumption is in May
yes interested can we connect
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hommiekr(m): 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
drhammed:

NO! Abandoned application not submitted should not affect you (IRCC will discard it within 60 days of inactivity- and so no review). N.B.- that's if it was truly abandoned and not submitted to IRCC.
How did he get a biometrics request if the application wasn't submitted in the 1st place?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aghoghomena: 1:07pm On Apr 12, 2023
Good day everyone,

I'm 40 years old, and with some years of work experience. I'm married with 3 kids too. I want to ask a question and would be grateful if I will get explanatory responses from you professionals here.

My first application was refused on the ground that the VO was not convinced I have available financial resources. My question is, as I prepare to reapply, can use my brother as my sole sponsor while I submit his statement of account as proof of funds? Considering my age and the fact that I'm married? If yes, please could someone kindly explain to me properly how to go about it.

Please, someone with experience should kindly respond to my enquiry.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chithec(f): 1:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
Anyone going to Trent University fall term here??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by anori: 1:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
Anyone going to University of Winnipeg this Fall? Can I be added to the Winnipeg/Manitoba Group please? Just submitted my passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Anon123: 2:06pm On Apr 12, 2023
Has anybody has issue of trying to book an appointment for biometrics but the site keeps saying "You have already booked an appointment"
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by harkintem(m): 2:32pm On Apr 12, 2023
Anyone goin to Brandon university?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by drhammed: 2:37pm On Apr 12, 2023
I actually missed that part truly, lol
hommiekr:

How did he get a biometrics request if the application wasn't submitted in the 1st place?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by JayOnoz: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2023
Please is anyone going to the university of Manitoba and is in need of a roommate/flatmate? I am resuming in May. Please can we connect?
My Email: joyonozare@gmail.com
Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:10pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aghoghomena:
Good day everyone,

I'm 40 years old, and with some years of work experience. I'm married with 3 kids too. I want to ask a question and would be grateful if I will get explanatory responses from you professionals here.

My first application was refused on the ground that the VO was not convinced I have available financial resources. My question is, as I prepare to reapply, can use my brother as my sole sponsor while I submit his statement of account as proof of funds? Considering my age and the fact that I'm married? If yes, please could someone kindly explain to me properly how to go about it.

Please, someone with experience should kindly respond to my enquiry.

Agho, you can use your brother a sponsor, you just have to adequately explain the sponsorship and the sponsor having the correct funds. Meanwhile hope you have requested for the notes now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by otobor12: 3:12pm On Apr 12, 2023
Good day my great people in the house. Please my friend studied Animal Science BSC. We are looking for a diploma course of one year for him in Canada, Ontario precisely. Please give advise of a related course and school we can apply for him... Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:14pm On Apr 12, 2023
JayOnoz:
Good evening everyone. Please I am new here, please i was admitted into the University of Manitoba and my visa has already been approved. I am suppose to be in Canada on the first week of May. Please I want to know if there is a need to register for my classes before arriving Canada, and if yes, please how do I go about it?
Thanks guys

Hello JayOnoz,

This particular question on how to enrol for classes should be sent to your school. They can tell you when and how you can enrol for classes. For May intake, you ought to have registered for classes by now, unless your school has different ways of doing theirs. Spring/summer class registration starts way back from February. So reach out to your school on that.

As for enrollment letter being asked at the airport and POE. yes they do ask, but it doesn't mean everyone gets asked of that. So to avoid any issue at airport or POE, kindly get your enrollment letter if your institution have opened portal for may registration.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aghoghomena:
Good day everyone,

Please, someone with experience should kindly respond to my enquiry. Please!
At 40yrs with 3 kids ur brother can’t be ur sole sponsor sir, he will better as a co sponsor. U will need both ur statements of acctount and his own

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Sweetjay20: 3:17pm On Apr 12, 2023
dtrixna01:
Hey guys it’s PPR 😃
Congratulations 👏 I'm next in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:18pm On Apr 12, 2023
babineli:
Hello Gurus,

Please I need your genuine advice and opinion on this. I initially made payment to an institution in the UK, but I couldn’t make it to the UK and my money was refunded to my account because the school asked me if I was refused visa before and I told them Yes I was refused Uk visiting visa back in 2017, that was the reason I didn’t apply for the UK visa anymore.

I didn’t apply for UK visa and the school refunded my tuition deposit of 8,000pounds to my naira account which came in as lump sum 4,130,0000. Now I want to submit my application for Canada. I already explained in my SOP that the lump sum was a returned fund from the school in initially applied to in the UK.

My question now is. Is it advisable to attach the telex copy of the initial debit to the school in my document or I should ignore. I don’t want to do anything that will implicate me.

Kindly note I also declare in my Canada application my previous visa denial as well.

Waiting for your replies

Thanks

Hello babineli,

Kindly attach the telex docs as back up to your claim that it was a refund from UK school. If there are also email conversation in line with the return of the money into your account, kindly attach that too. Sincerity in Canada visa application paves way more than bogus claims. So please back up the lumpsum with all necessary proof of refund from the institution.

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
fastseo:

I spoke to someone from the bank and I saw a mail where they said 5000 dollars per semester for each student.
What bank?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Oddyjoyce:

I also applied since January and I have not heard from them too. I feel worried... It is well though. Let's be hopeful.

Hello,

Most university of Saskatchewan admissions comes in this month of April, especially towards the ending.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wilddream:
Good evening, my cousin is uploading his documents required for his visa and his admission letter came with a 4 page document, he wants to remove the 3 pages and upload the document page which actually contains the admission letter. The 3 others pages have the fees and others. Is it ok if he splits the document and only upload the page which has the admission letter. Page 1 has the admission letter,2-4 has fees and the address. He is upload them to the IRCC portal.
Thanks

Hello,

Please let your brother attach the admission letter as it was sent to him. The file size isn't an issue, so why does he want to remove it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2023
JayOnoz:
Please is anyone going to the university of Manitoba and is in need of a roommate/flatmate? I am resuming in May. Please can we connect?
My Email: joyonozare@gmail.com
Thanks guys
For ur post about course registration. Uni of Manitoba
https://mx.technolutions.net/ss/c/nPxiFknq1wJr__TSCjPuJQh_NiKhqRl-G6rYve3K2srFwiadyCF66nNrItoCinE6/3va/ktCEAV64TYGRM5Nq0Qxa9g/h4/YCqRytlLErkzj-ZAJkBtdxWfEJYjZybpGtcS8XwWUjo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:31pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wilddream:
Please what are some documents they can show as proof of funds apart from bank statements?
Also please what do they mean by optional document (Additional Document)?
Should he upload his SOP in the additional document slot ?

Hello wilddream,

Proof of fund shouod shownthe following
1) account statement showing available fund in account

2) how the money was made? If my business, attach every transaction details to prove source of funds that is receiptsand waybill. If an employee, pay slips as back up proof. If rent, attach rental receipts and property proof.

Addition documents means other documents that you deemed important to your application and yes, SOP, LOE will be under it also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2023
tolyem:
Good Evening my people,

I need your clarification.

I submitted my son's study visa application with upfront medical acknowledgement sheet on Sunday 2nd of April and he did biometrics on Thursday 6th April, this evening I got a mail of Medical Report Instruction with a Medical form underneath.

Noted: I have collected the hard copy of the medical result on Thursday on his way from biometrics center.

What should we do now. And is this a positive sign?

Hello,

Kindly resubmit the E-Medical slip that was given to you. It happens sometimes that people get medical request even when they submitted upfront medical. So don't be worried. Nothing is wrong with your son's application. Congrats to him in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:36pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aystar78:
Please I’m trying to register my courses before departure by ending of this month for the University of Regina please how do I register and know the courses to register

Hello,

Kindly visit your school portal for more clarification. Also don't hesitate to write to your departmental chair or secretary for steps. It is very important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2023
Happygirl5:
Hello

I am currently 31 weeks pregnant and will be traveling to Calgary at 35 weeks. I’ve already secured a visitors visa and accommodation.
I plan on delivering my baby in Calgary would like some help please.

Can anyone please suggest a good cheap GP or OB/GYNAE in Calgary area? I will be living specifically in the SE area.

I’ve read almost all the posts on the other thread but most of the info has been posted 5years for Calgary. There’s a new system there that has been established for birth tourists. Any idea please?
Has anyone experienced delivering in Rockyview or South Health Campus?

Help a sister out please 🙏

Hello,

When you applied for the visit visa, were tou pregnant and didnt you inform them you're coming for birth tourist? That's by the way

Now in Canada, to secure a gyno is so hard unless referred to by family doc. Canada isnt like naija you can walk into any clinic to see doc and tou get accepted. You need to secure thr secure the services of the clinic first. So hope you have done that. I stay at Seton Rise SE, but havent heard of that clinic. So i can't help you on that. Wishing you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:44pm On Apr 12, 2023
Wizardbee:
Please is not necessary to go with proof of fund (bank statement) to the POE with traveling, do they usually ask at the point of entry?

Hello,

They sometimes ask of it if you're coming way ahead before your school resumption time. Nevertheless, just print few weeks of it and have it handy. Anything can be asked by those guys at the POE.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Ketima: 3:57pm On Apr 12, 2023
Aghoghomena:
Good day everyone,

Please, someone with experience should kindly respond to my enquiry. Please!

Hello,

Now let me come from the age angle and your brother being your full sponsor. Some 40 year old Canadians are already grandma whose kids are already on their own. So VO judging from that angle of you using your brother as your full sponsor even when you have kids, it will make him think you're not established.

So i would suggest he be a kind of support. That is you already have your own funds and he is only supporting instead of being the full bearer of the financial burden. So please have your own fund, let him be a support.

Many a times, when a married person with kids uses a relative for full sponsorship, is not just about the school now but they will be wandering how will this person now be able to care for his/her family and how will his/her family survive when another person will pay his/her fees. Will the same person feed his or her family.

So try to boast your own account if you're an adult and married applicant with kids.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Happygirl5: 4:15pm On Apr 12, 2023
Ketima:

Hello,

When you applied for the visit visa, were tou pregnant and didnt you inform them you're coming for birth tourist? That's by the way

Now in Canada, to secure a gyno is so hard unless referred to by family doc. Canada isnt like naija you can walk into any clinic to see doc and tou get accepted. You need to secure thr secure the services of the clinic first. So hope you have done that. I stay at Seton Rise SE, but havent heard of that clinic. So i can't help you on that. Wishing you the best.

Hi
Thank you for your response.
When I applied for the visitor visa, I wasn’t pregnant. I receive the visa a few months back when I was 4 months pregnant so I did not have to mention that it was for north tourism.

Oh. These are the Hospitals names that I have mentioned which will be closer to my accomadation.
Can you recommend any cheap family doc who can refer me to a gynecologist? I’m looking specifically for SE area as I have my accommodation there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Introvert56: 4:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
Hi all,

Please a friend of mine is trying to apply for his student visa to Canada but he is going to be sponsored by his mentor who has a completely different surname.

Please can anyone advice on the best way to go about proof of funds. Should he use gift deed or what can he do?

He intends to pay a major part of his tuition but he still needs something to show as POF.

Any suggestion or recommendation will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aystar78: 5:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
Please I’m trying to register my courses before departure for the University of Regina please how do I register and know the courses to register
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by AbSapi(m): 5:21pm On Apr 12, 2023
Good evening, Please can anyone help me with Board resolution document.
(i:e doc stating how much the company will be contributing) am using a corporate account for POF.

Please help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) (1003) (1004) (1005) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.