Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,795 members, 7,875,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1305513 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 8:24am On Aug 31, 2022
olutoyiin:
Anytime I visit the Canadian study visa thread, I used to read of how Canadian Visa will test your patience level, I used to doubt it but here I am experiencing it first hand. My application has clocked 9 weeks today and it doesn't seem as though the end is in sight just yet. In the beginning it took almost 7 weeks for my Biometrics and Medicals to be updated and this was after constant mails and webforms. Currently my eligibility review is yet to start and my supervisor and program coordinator just sent me an email that they advised I declined the TA offer for Term 1..........this particular one broke my heart cos the TA team had already scheduled me to give online lessons via zoom and I was already calculating my salary for Septembersmiley.

Anyways I have declined the TA offer and by next week , the school will process my deferral to January.

In all I want to move on from this whole wahala and just carry on with my normal waka without thinking of Canada. I believe God will perfect it in his time.

My fellow June applicant, please drop updates ooooo
7COLO.URS
Tolu.pe1
Isym.a
Dem.my10
Lila.ngel20
Thom.syne
Iremid.e2019
Sanicesani.ce123

Good morning. I really feel for you. It’s sad we are going through all these. My school said I should apply for next year fall, my quest is. What if the visa is granted but I have no school to go to?

Also, what if I get another school that can take me this January, what will be my fate, because I applied my visa with UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 8:44am On Aug 31, 2022
Yes they do
apeja2017:

So you mean first bank grant and process advanced diploma program for form A?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hayoBams: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2022
Any may applicant still waiting for a response from IRCC sad?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2022
THE LORD HAS SHOWN US MERCY.
WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST.
#NSPPD #7AMFIREPRAYERS

GLORY TO GOD!

Virocrix:
Good morning friends,

If possible, kindly join us now on NSPPD 7am morning prayers on facebook. Search for streams of joy int'l on facebook. Pastor Jerry Ezeh. Let's go to God in prayers.

God has taken over our cases. Glory to God

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 8:47am On Aug 31, 2022
KellyTech007:
Hi , Please I'm trying to get my transcript from my school (Uniben) as I don't have the non-official one to use in the course of applying for admission.

I reached out to someone from the department and I was told to apply online and then put an institution address or a human Resource designated email of a company or any Institution. So far it's been difficult for me as I don't know anyone that can help

Can anyone please help out with maybe any suggestions ? Or what I can do.

I currently reside in Abuja.

Applied for mine last yr and it took almost 4 weeks.
The application is on https://waeup.uniben.edu/ not from your department - cost was roughly N30,000 - certified true copy.
The transcript will not be sent to you as they don't send to individuals, mine was sent to WES for evaluation.
You will need to recall your Mat number, have your deg cert or statement of result and your clearance eligibility slip.

Took WES 1 week to evaluate and send me an unofficial e-copy (it contained several watermarks so i couldn't present it as an official document). The original evaluation (physical printout) was mailed to my residence after 2 months by then it was too late as i had already used my waec for admission.

good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 8:48am On Aug 31, 2022
Amen.
Thanks Vivy
vividlooks:
Praying this is the answer to the prayers of many of us here... Fast and positive response to your applications.

Y'all will celebrate and testify in Jesus name. Amen

I say congratulations in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 8:49am On Aug 31, 2022
Clean4sureme:

Sufficient grace we pray Lord.

I wrote to the MP and below is the enquiry I got. Pls what does it mean,that additional verification is been done on my eligibility
Furthermore additional verification is background checks: criminality and security screening.
Your Criminality:passed
Security screening : is only done on those applications which passed Eligibility Review
Good luck and congratulations in advance

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by vividlooks(f): 8:52am On Aug 31, 2022
Virocrix:
Amen.
Thanks Vivy

You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by INILARGE: 8:53am On Aug 31, 2022
AMEN 23/05 applicant
vividlooks:
Praying this is the answer to the prayers of many of us here... Fast and positive response to your applications.

Y'all will celebrate and testify in Jesus name. Amen

I say congratulations in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 8:58am On Aug 31, 2022
SaniceSanice123:
Good evening. Please I have a serious problem.

My school is starting 7th of September, so I emailed my school on deference, they replied that they don’t defer that I will have to reapply which is not certain if they will give me admission for fall 2023. They also said they don’t take winter admission cos it’s close for 2023.

Please I’m confused, I applied for visa in July and it’s looking like I may not get decision by September, I intend applying to schools that allow January intake because my school university of Ottawa has closed winter intake but I don’t know if it will affect my visa application. And how do I go about this, please I need help

NB: I used university of Ottawa for my visa application and they want to withdraw my admission before September 20.
What if IRCC gives me visa but I don’t have any school to go to then, what would happen? What’s the solution? Please help
I still need help please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Gigdraft: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2022
XtyOgor4g:
How much is the required POF for SOWP
Hi XtyOgor4g,

The fund required for an SOWP application is dependent on your family size. A family of 2 should show an available balance of 16,570 CAD. I would recommend an additional 4,000 CAD for more headcount.

Can't wait to celebrate with you!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Mercyfoundme05: 9:00am On Aug 31, 2022
THE LORD HAS SHOWN ME AND MY FAMILY MERCY

WHAT GOD CANNOT DO DOES NOT EXIST!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by lilangel20: 9:04am On Aug 31, 2022
I literally felt the pain
Do not worry..
Everything works together for our good
Eligibility not started on your profile doesn't mean it hasn't started.
Mine isnt showing eligibility started on my profile but from the email I got from Nairobi, it states my file is under active review.
I still believe you can get ppr this week
I think thursday is the day ircc releases mass ppr and yours will be among.
Cheers
We go celebrate together
olutoyiin:
Anytime I visit the Canadian study visa thread, I used to read of how Canadian Visa will test your patience level, I used to doubt it but here I am experiencing it first hand. My application has clocked 9 weeks today and it doesn't seem as though the end is in sight just yet. In the beginning it took almost 7 weeks for my Biometrics and Medicals to be updated and this was after constant mails and webforms. Currently my eligibility review is yet to start and my supervisor and program coordinator just sent me an email that they advised I declined the TA offer for Term 1..........this particular one broke my heart cos the TA team had already scheduled me to give online lessons via zoom and I was already calculating my salary for Septembersmiley.

Anyways I have declined the TA offer and by next week , the school will process my deferral to January.

In all I want to move on from this whole wahala and just carry on with my normal waka without thinking of Canada. I believe God will perfect it in his time.

My fellow June applicant, please drop updates ooooo
7COLOURS
Tolupe1
Isyma
Demmy10
Lilangel20
Thomsyne
Iremide2019
Sanicesanice123

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 31, 2022
johnstan:

It took roughly 3 weeks for me

thing is, the course I applied to showed as waitlist on the sch's website but on ocas it showed as open so I just decided to apply ....hopefully I'll get a positive response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 9:11am On Aug 31, 2022
Please, who has the email of the MP of Ottawa district?[sub] cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2022
Amen.
We will celebrate together.
lilangel20:
Do not worry..
Mine isnt showing eligibility started on my profile but from the email I got from Nairobi, it states my file is under active review.
Cheers
We go celebrate together
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Cannywaka: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2022
bullstriker:
Can the school you used for your application defer your admission to January? If the answer is no. Send the new admission to IRCC with an explanation, especially if it is a different program using webform, and please save the confirmation email you receive. If IRCC decides on your application now, you are required to come to Canada with the LoA used for the study permit application.

For outdated LoA, I have had IRCC ask for new admission letters; in most cases, they don’t even ask for them. However, CBSA officers will, and they expect it to be the same one used for study permit applications. Meanwhile, to avoid finding yourself in a difficult situation, send the new one immediately while you wait to hear from the school this week.
thank you boss for the reply, ok, I will update ircc but please what do you mean by the confirmation emails I received? Also, My new school is a different DLI, I hope it is not a problem? No the school only asked to defer to next year September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2022
mona.fortier@parl.gc.ca

SaniceSanice123:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Johnames: 9:21am On Aug 31, 2022
Hello Gurus in the house , good morning, please i want to ask some questions relating to gaining admission in a Canada university, i have paid my application fee, they request i submitted a teaching certificate, because i applied for a post baccalaureate diploma in education, I'm graduate of education, but, i have not written my certificate exam, though i have been teaching since my graduation, during my nysc, npower programme, currently teaching in a private school, so my question is this, since i don't have teaching certificate, what can i use to replace that teaching certificate ?
johnstan
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Haremuh(m): 9:23am On Aug 31, 2022
It's PPR. God of Apostle Segun Obadje has done.

Timeline
July 2th application
July 8th Biometrics done and updated
Upfront Medical May 28th and updated July 22nd
Eligibility 29th August.
BVL 30th
PPR 31st August.

Documents
All IMM forms with SOP ( created table of content)
Mybank statement MBS
Dollar acct 5000USd
Naira acct 8.5m
I didn't pay any school fees, I only stated I have initiated it and I added the Form A evidence.

I printed my MBS the same day I liquidated my savings of 5M into my account, I was having 3M as balance before. But I explain critically.

I used my job, 4 siblings and mother as home ties. I added alot of our pictures together.
my picture and colleagues at work.
my car picture and docs
my land survey
an introduction letter from my organisation
my staff ID card
5month payslips
Upfront medical
BSc
Tax certificate
Retirement savings balance of 900k
an introduction letter from my PFA

That's all and the God of GLT took over.

I did the application myself. I carefully read all the thread 20 and 21 post. I met a guy here Henry, who happens to be my colleague at work and he gave me all the list of docs to used.

Special thanks to everyone that I can't mention there names.

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 9:31am On Aug 31, 2022
Haremuh:

Timeline
July 2th application
Eligibility 29th August.
BVL 30th
PPR 31st August.

Documents
Mybank statement MBS
Dollar acct 5000USd
Naira acct 8.5m
I didn't pay any school fees, I only stated I have initiated it and I added the Form A evidence.

I printed my MBS the same day I liquidated my savings of 5M into my account, I was having 3M as balance before. But I explain critically.

I used my job, 4 siblings and mother as home ties. I added alot of our pictures together.
my car picture and docs
my land survey
my staff ID card
5month payslips
Upfront medical
BSc
Tax certificate

I did the application myself. I carefully read all the thread 20 and 21 post. I met a guy here Henry, who happens to be my colleague at work and he gave me all the list of docs to used.

Congrats to you, super excited on ur behalf

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2022
Congratulations.Thank you Lord.

Haremuh:

Timeline
July 2th application
Eligibility 29th August.
BVL 30th
PPR 31st August.

Documents
Mybank statement MBS
Dollar acct 5000USd
Naira acct 8.5m

my car picture and docs
my land survey
my staff ID card
5month payslips
Upfront medical
BSc
Tax certificate

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 9:33am On Aug 31, 2022
Virocrix:
mona.fortier@parl.gc.ca

Thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 9:34am On Aug 31, 2022
lilangel20:
Do not worry..
Cheers
We go celebrate together
Thank you jare we would celebrate at last
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 9:40am On Aug 31, 2022
bruno10000:

thing is, the course I applied to showed as waitlist on the sch's website but on ocas it showed as open so I just decided to apply ....hopefully I'll get a positive response

I can understand. I guess it's cos I applied early, I did in may for Jan intake so I wasn't waitlisted.

While you wait you can try Seneca college, I was given admission within weeks too, I sent them a DM on IG and was given an application fee waiver code. I didn't go ahead with them cos i was expected to pay the full First semester fee as deposit within 3weeks after the admission. I didn't check to know if they have a refund policy so please check before you make any payments supposing you opt for them.

Good luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Onethe: 9:41am On Aug 31, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Dear Sanice,

I understand your plight.
Kindly browse Mp for Ottawa. They are four in total but mp yasir usually respond while Mona... the one in charge of uOttawa zone will not be of any help because you are not yet in Canada

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by hillary4003: 9:47am On Aug 31, 2022
please i applied for my aitp notes about 32 days ago from ircc website and i haven't gotten it yet, my application as been approved but i'm genuinely curious about the notes should i send an email to them or leave it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 9:51am On Aug 31, 2022
Onethe:

Dear Sanice,

I understand your plight.
Kindly browse Mp for Ottawa. They are four in total but mp yasir usually respond while Mona... the one in charge of uOttawa zone will not be of any help because you are not yet in Canada

Regards.
Thanks I sincerely appreciate.

I will do just that

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olutoyiin: 9:53am On Aug 31, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

Good morning. I really feel for you. It’s sad we are going through all these. My school said I should apply for next year fall, my quest is. What if the visa is granted but I have no school to go to?

Also, what if I get another school that can take me this January, what will be my fate, because I applied my visa with UNIVERSITY OF OTTAWA
Choiiiiiii olagbara oooooo!!!! This canny waka really isn't for the fainthearted. It will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tymally: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2022
We don't mind the long story, congratulations

Johnchan2:
God did it .......

Its PPR ALERT
After 15 months.. Isn't God amazing

First Application
> submitted application: 3rd Nov 2020
>biometrics: 6th Nov 2020
>BVL:15th January 2021
>Refusal: 17th January 2021

NB: 1. I was not on this platform, so i was a bit ignorant about this visa process: i never even checked if my eligibility review had started
2. I started my classes online on the 5th of January, 2021 because my deadline for deferment had passed.... Trust me when I say, it was a really hard time for me studying online all these while without a rejection.

Second Application

> Submitted Application: 11th May 2021

>Biometrices: already done- 6th Nov 2020

> Upfront medical: 29th June 2021

> Passed upfront medical: 12th July 2021

>waiting began

>waiting continues

> still on the waiting list

> Noticed my eligibility review had started by 22nd September and it was on till the end of my application

> waiting

> more waiting

> Request for update LOA: 19th Jan 2022. At this point, I thought my waiting was over but I didn't know I just started this wait series.

> Wait continues: January 2022

> wait continues: February 2022- with prayer and fasting

>more wait: March 2022- praying continues

>intense wait: April 2022- I had an in-person exam I had to write.. the thought of getting an f in that course almost led me to depression... I still got an F in that course tho. Ill figure how to tackle that F when i get to school

>more intense wait: May 2022- As my application reached a year, i left naira land to focus on my mental health, because I cannot come and die because of visa, It wasn't easy for me to read testimony of people that applied much more later than i did get their PPRs---- well i was still praying and hoping on God for a miracle.

> Waitttttttttttttinggggggg: June 2022

> Wait: July 2022- towards the end of july there was a webinar where it was advised that those who applied before sept 2021 should cancel their application and reapply but i refused and decided to wait on God

>Medical request: August 6th because the one i had done earlier had expired. Medical done on the 15th of August and passed on the 19th of August

> PPR: August 25 -- i saw it on 26th AUgust

Sorry my PPR testimony is late here. Im back to give my testimony here and give glory to God for making me not wait in vain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SaniceSanice123: 9:58am On Aug 31, 2022
olutoyiin:
Choiiiiiii olagbara oooooo!!!! This canny waka really isn't for the fainthearted. It will end in praise
Amen!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.