Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,829 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:37 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1305190 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by charli5(m): 2:51pm On Sep 08, 2022
Hajarat1504:
PPR have landed oo!!!!
June 24th Applicant

Congrats!!!
Pls when did your eligibility start?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by digits234: 2:54pm On Sep 08, 2022
Congratulations!

Hajarat1504:
PPR have landed oo!!!!
June 24th Applicant

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2022
CharitoJames:

Wow!! Congratulations to you and yours… Don’t worry… the other one will come too…
OK thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2022
Great guru you promised to reachout to me, pls im still waiting.
makano:
Hello house

I can see many applicants waiting for their PPRs with faith, remember this is the month of delivery. This month is heavily pregnant and the water of PPRs will break soon, so expect your PPR to be delivered to you this month..

It shall definitely end in praise..

Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by perfectbecky: 3:01pm On Sep 08, 2022
paymytuition.com will charge u black market rate, please if you know you still have enough time use FORM A, CBN rate, but it takes at least 30 days before the bank process it.
Engrhabasstunde:
Hi guys

I need advise

My wife got admission for winter ,

The school is suggesting we pay through paymytuition.com or direct wire transfer to them.

Paymytuition takes naira , but the rate is 600:/$cad plus

My question is do you suggest we push through like that or use bank Bta and how long does it takes on a average ,cus we want to pay it asap so we can proceed with our application and not waste time

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by sweet7oyin(m): 3:02pm On Sep 08, 2022
collinsunusual:
Good day every one
MY REJECTION CAME YESTERDAY 7 SEPTEMBER 2022
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
Eligibility around 15 August
Yesterday 7 September I got rejection Stating that I don’t have enough sufficient funds and assets to fund my education that I won’t be coming back at the end of my studies
NOTE
My age 18 years old
Statement of account mother
23 million in and out
Current balance 12 million
I also paid tuition of 9,000$ which is about 3 million Yesterday I felt like killing my self I was asking if God has forsaken me because these past month I prayed like my live was on it I fasted countless time
Another LESSON I LAENT
when I was applying people was telling me that I will get my visa because I am still young and 18 yrs I just finished secondary school last year
My dear people that all lie as long as wCanada is concerned age is rubbish if you like be 100 yrs

Guys please advise me I am frustrated and depressed even my mum is very mad now
Because she warned me not to apply for Canada but I insisted
I don’t know what to go
One of my mind is telling me to just drink snipper and die
Please if you have any advice call me
O
you paid the tuition fee yesterday??
don't the school refund??

so you want to kill yourself because Canada did not give you admission?
who told you your destiny is tied to Canada?
who told you can't do better here in Nigeria or anywhere else?

if it is about the money, try to get a refund
Ls are part of life, deal with it that how you become an adult.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by codesngr(m): 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please this is my first time doing this on my own, Can someone help me on how to apply for medicals or contacts to call to book medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by daffy22: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please I need advice here ��
daffy22:
Hello everyone, so here’s my situation and I need y’alls advice.

I applied July 5th
Upfront medical passed since July 18th.
Ever since nothing has happened on my profile.
Now my question is, is it advisable to pay tuition and start online as I don’t have feedback about my visa? Because the last defer date for deferral is 27th of September. And I can only defer to September next year since my program admits only in September.

Please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
Amen
July 13th
Isyma:

Congratulations, I observed IRCC pick 1 application from old applicants and 1 from new applicants.
Currently they're around 13th July for new applications, for the old applications they pick randomly. Everyone continue your prayers and waiting you could be the next.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Thomsyne(m): 3:14pm On Sep 08, 2022
collinsunusual:
Good day every one
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
Yesterday 7 September I got rejection Stating that I don’t have enough sufficient funds and assets to fund my education that I won’t be coming back at the end of my studies
NOTE
My age 18 years old
23 million in and out
I also paid tuition of 9,000$ which is about 3 million Yesterday I felt like killing my self I was asking if God has forsaken me because these past month I prayed like my live was on it I fasted countless time
Another LESSON I LAENT
when I was applying people was telling me that I will get my visa because I am still young and 18 yrs I just finished secondary school last year
My dear people that all lie as long as wCanada is concerned age is rubbish if you like be 100 yrs

I don’t know what to go
O

Hey Chief, come on, a rejection isn't the end of the world. Someone here said they got rejected about 3/4 times. From what I see, funds already might be an issue. I assume you're applying for undergrad of 3-4 years. Asides the 9k you paid, you'll still need to show:

- tution x 3 more years thats like 27k
- living exp 10k x 3 thats 30k

All of these is like 54k minus miscellaneous o and that's approximately 17m. A current balance of 12m won't cut it. Even 17m exactly can't. Your mum has to show she has the money and more. So if you still plan going for Canada, your mum will have to up her balance or get a second sponsor. You might also wanna strengthen ties to home country in your next application.

Reapplications have been touted to be fast - around ~2months so you can still share your testimony before year's end.

Take care, make more research, pull yourself together and re-fire.

Wish you all the very best.

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
So what If you’re already settled in canada and you want to switch program and change schools.

Can you do it swiftly? When you get the new admission letter from the new school, what do you do?

Annidenobeh:
hi
No you won't be able to use this ppr for a new school you would have to reapply and start afresh, so the options you have are to either wait for this study permit when you get it you reapply to that same school next year since it's the same dli number that will be on this study permit

Or you apply to a new school for January intake and pray you get admission asap so you can quickly update it on your ircc account before your study permit is approved

Once your study permit is approved and you want to change schools which is a change of Dli and you're still I'm Nigeria you would have to reapply for study permit

I dunno if I explained clear enough
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Virocrix: 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2022
My dear, please don't take your life. Give yourself some time to heal, make adjustments and fire again.

It's well.

collinsunusual:
Good day every one
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
NOTE
My age 18 years old
23 million in and out
Another LESSON I LAENT

I don’t know what to go
O

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Letuspraytogod: 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please how did you force decision out.
What type of content did you send to them?
Please my application is almost a year

Predator188:
I had to force decision out from ircc after receiving correspondence/Bvl

passport request for my wife
application after 12 months of visa application and I am the financial sponsor of this application..

Ppr received after sending webform to Nairobi and i have confirmed this from the webform email from Nairobi

Application type: study +sowp...
Bvl/correspondence:26 July
Ppr 8 September 2022
Application submitted:11 September 2021

Study permit: ppr
Eligibility review: November 2021

Sowp: pending release of ppr
Eligibility review: feb 2022

However Ircc is witholding my spouse open work permit ppr, now i have to start sending another webform to Nairobi for my sowp application ppr release..
No webform was sent after bvl for release of decision for sowp application

No additional information or documents was also requested by ircc in regards to this application within 12 months of processing..

Documents submitted coming soon!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bolajiboi(m): 3:23pm On Sep 08, 2022
BULL50:
Do you mean extending your biometric validity by doing the biometric again or changing your biometric appointment with VAC? Yes, if it is the former and no if it is the latter.

Okay. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 3:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
Victoriousbabe2:
Hello house
What are the documents I really need to apply to schools, I am a bit confused with the transcript part, I read somewhere earlier that one can get the student copy from the school but now my sister said I need to get it evaluated , I don't even understand, she is trying to apply too, both of us are novice.
I have a 14 years gap , I run my own online business, I am into jewelry. What is the best post graduate program to apply for , I studied Economics in school.

Dear Victoriousbabe, when you start out it can be confusing, but with time you will know most aspects,

1. First thing is to secure admission, to do this you do not need to evaluate your transcripts (only express entry requires this). Your study gap it will be advisable to look for a course that is related to your present occupation.
2. Business mgt courses will be ideal, once you have seen a course you like and the cost is affordable then check the required documents needed for application and apply to the school( most schools are open for Sept 2023 admission now).
3. Whilst you are doing this ensure you have your funds saved up, you are expected to show POF in your account for four to six months (you can get a sponsor (someone close to you like parent, husband, sibling) but you must explain how and why the person is sponsoring you.
4. You need to write statement of purpose that will provide the details of your application to the visa officer. You can start wring this one now so you can have a good write up before submitting.

I believe this will help you, if you still have other questions pls share so the house can respond.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by johnstan(m): 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2022
collinsunusual:
Good day every one
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
NOTE
My age 18 years old
23 million in and out
Another LESSON I LAENT

I don’t know what to go
O

I remember you Collins and your optimisim.

When I wanted to apply I stumbled on this thread on part 20, dropped my first comment on how nervous I was on part 21 and someone replied advising me to relax and put in my best towards my app, in his words [/b]the worst that would happen is rejection[b], it somehow eased the tension and I applied - still waiting for the final decision.

What am I trying to say, a rejection is not the end, it simply is an opportunity to retry, apply for your gcms notes, check for the detailed reason for rejection, gather more/better documents, write a better SOP and refire. The fact that some people got it on their first attempt doesn't mean you don't deserve same, it's just how life is, welcome to the real world bro.

You're only 18 bro, forget packaging and the English on this thread a great number of people here are 30 and above and some with families striving for a better future on the other side, I'm not trying to berate you for being young, However, see this as a great advantage and pull your self together. At 18 some people here were still struggling let alone have the means to apply to leave this country, here you are with the means to do that and all.

Now back to the vague reason for rejection, home ties and financies is not a joke when it comes to applying to Canada, you have to demonstrate to the best of your abilities that you can financially support your self and that you will return at the end of your studies irrespective of your age. Your home ties may not be much considering your age and the fact that you just finished high school as per (you don't have personal achievements in terms of assets to ensure you return), however, you can use your immediate family, parents business (if you are eventually going to be part of it etc), plans after studies etc to buttress this part.
Your finances is dependent on your duration of studies and living expenses, some people have the means to demonstrate they are able to cover both throughout the duration of their studies and beyond, some just have for the exact duration and still get approved irrespective of the minimum requirement on IRCC. Which ever is the case the idea is to show you have access to these funds and not just that you have them.

Finally don't drink sniper pls, that thing is mad expensive sef and people still afford to buy it lol - on a lighter note. Don't be discouraged, some people here got theirs after 2, 3, 4 even 5 attempts, don't let it weigh you down, see it as part of your success story (there's a reason why it's a story). Alternatively, you can try other countries if Canada is not your sole choice for Japa.

Before I forget, you can defer your admission to a later intake and re-apply, you never know if the second attempt would be it, someone here re-applied with same documents no alterations and got approved, it makes you wonder what went wrong the first time, however, if you don't wish to re-apply, you can withdraw and apply for refund of your fees.

Good luck bro.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Isyma(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2022
Virocrix:
Amen
July 13th
You'll smile soon

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ciaj0: 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by collinsunusual: 4:12pm On Sep 08, 2022
Thomsyne:

Hey Chief, come on, a rejection isn't the end of the world. Someone here said they got rejected about 3/4 times. From what I see, funds already might be an issue. I assume you're applying for undergrad of 3-4 years. Asides the 9k you paid, you'll still need to show:

- tution x 3 more years thats like 27k
- living exp 10k x 3 thats 30k

All of these is like 54k minus miscellaneous o and that's approximately 17m. A current balance of 12m won't cut it. Even 17m exactly can't. Your mum has to show she has the money and more. So if you still plan going for Canada, your mum will have to up her balance or get a second sponsor. You might also wanna strengthen ties to home country in your next application.

Reapplications have been touted to be fast - around ~2months so you can still share your testimony before year's end.

Take care, make more research, pull yourself together and re-fire.

Wish you all the very best.

Thanks for your words of encouragement am getting better .
Also I applied for college a 2 year program not university

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:19pm On Sep 08, 2022
That's good. You really did address the previous concerns. Maybe they didn't fully review your application last time, that's why they're taking more time. I hope it ends with an approval. Good luck!

Pace6:

Yes I showed more than 24kcad for living expenses after paying 16kcad and my program is one year.

In the personal assets, I have a landed property and also submitted my salary account statement different from the POF account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olufunbi(f): 4:28pm On Sep 08, 2022
Don't be silent,do not feel defeated,Persistent is the key. Repackage and refire and trust your maker you will testify amen.

quote author=collinsunusual post=116470391]Good day every one
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
NOTE
My age 18 years old
23 million in and out
Another LESSON I LAENT

I don’t know what to do am confused

O
[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by rahmeekadigz(f): 4:39pm On Sep 08, 2022
Did you even read to comprehend?!
sweet7oyin:
you paid the tuition fee yesterday??
don't the school refund??

so you want to kill yourself because Canada did not give you admission?
who told you your destiny is tied to Canada?
who told you can't do better here in Nigeria or anywhere else?

if it is about the money, try to get a refund
Ls are part of life, deal with it that how you become an adult.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:41pm On Sep 08, 2022
You can reapply.

Bank statement is not enough. Include deeds and property valuations too, even if it's your parents' properties. If you only have liquid assets (cash), it's a red flag for visa officers.

If you decide to reapply, go through the list of all possible reasons why applications get rejected, then assess your application to see whether they address all those reasons.

This visa application process is not for the faint-hearted. You need to be strong willed to succeed.

collinsunusual:
Good day every one
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
NOTE
My age 18 years old
23 million in and out
Another LESSON I LAENT

O
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 4:46pm On Sep 08, 2022
Congratulations! What was the message that you sent that successfully forced a decision out from ircc?

Predator188:
I had to force decision out from ircc after receiving correspondence/Bvl

passport request for my wife
application after 12 months of visa application and I am the financial sponsor of this application..

Ppr received after sending webform to Nairobi and i have confirmed this from the webform email from Nairobi

Application type: study +sowp...
Bvl/correspondence:26 July
Ppr 8 September 2022
Application submitted:11 September 2021

Study permit: ppr
Eligibility review: November 2021

Sowp: pending release of ppr
Eligibility review: feb 2022

However Ircc is witholding my spouse open work permit ppr, now i have to start sending another webform to Nairobi for my sowp application ppr release..
No webform was sent after bvl for release of decision for sowp application

No additional information or documents was also requested by ircc in regards to this application within 12 months of processing..

Documents submitted coming soon!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 5:20pm On Sep 08, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
So what If you’re already settled in canada and you want to switch program and change schools.

Can you do it swiftly? When you get the new admission letter from the new school, what do you do?

yes you can when you're already there

You just have to change it on you ircc account that you've changed schools

It's not really an issue when you're already there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
SaniceSanice123:

So, one can get a study permit and choose not to travel for a year and it will still be valid?
yes, depending on how long the study permit is valid for I guess
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Betterlife30: 5:22pm On Sep 08, 2022
Please, in a situation whereby you haven't print your statement of account that has your living expenses already in it but a huge lump of money was paid into your account and the money is not meant for you but your sister. Does it have any implications on someone's application if you send out the money the following day to your sister's account? Is someone safe if the money doesn't stay in someone's account when printing the statement of account for the study visa?

Also please, if someone requested for my bank statement from the bank for visa application from April to September, will the VO be able to see previous transactions or they will only see the transactions between April to September?

Please, someone should answer my questions. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Annidenobeh: 5:26pm On Sep 08, 2022
collinsunusual:
Good day every one
I Applied on June 9
Biometric June 21
Medical upfront 27 July
Medical passed 1 August
NOTE
My age 18 years old
23 million in and out
Another LESSON I LAENT

O
Hi I'm so sorry about this
I'm also waiting for a final decision on my application
You can send me a message on WhatsApp if you'd like us to talk more
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 5:31pm On Sep 08, 2022
Betterlife30:

Never ever try to apply for passport online. If you do so, you will regret it. Go to the immigration office and do your passport renewal, it's not hard. The duration of capturing and for passport to be ready is not stable. You can wait a month now after paying before doing your capturing and the passport may come out within 2weeks to 4weeks after capturing depending on where you do it.

You may not be totally correct. I did my passport renewal online with less than 18k, and I never regretted it. It depends on the state and how soon the person needs the passport. Immigration officers feed on desperate applicants. I knew I would need my passport in September so I applied and captured in June and got it in August.

Nigerians have the habit of this fire brigade approach. Sometimes it baffles me when I see people applying for visa for fall intake in June/July/August with this snail pace IRCC processes applications, quoting all scriptures to back it up. Yes you may get it but the chances are very slim and you may even end up making avoidable mistakes.

If you want to apply for your passport online, please do but if you have excess bucks to give for fast track, you can also do as well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2022
bepositive11:
That's good. You really did address the previous concerns. Maybe they didn't fully review your application last time, that's why they're taking more time. I hope it ends with an approval. Good luck!

Thank you very much.

I pray so too.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by OLAMINREWA(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2022
Betterlife30:
Please, in a situation whereby you haven't print your statement of account that has your living expenses already in it but a huge lump of money was paid into your account and the money is not meant for you but your sister. Does it have any implications on someone's application if you send out the money the following day to your sister's account? Is someone safe if the money doesn't stay in someone's account when printing the statement of account for the study visa?
Please, I will really appreciate your response on this.

The money in question may attract attention depending on how big it is. Again, there is nothing wrong with lump sum coming and going out as long as it is well explained so it would not be perceived as means of inflating the account. Just the source and destination. O Paris.

Good luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: huzzman, victoriavick(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.