Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,882 members, 7,899,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 08:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1328239 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nadingo: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2022
bepositive11:

Lol grin She was calling me rude, but to be honest, I think she needs to look at herself first grin grin grin
You too get problem I swear angry

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2022
onyekachee:
Has anyone been approved today?��
That is why my face is stuck to my phone screen my dear I am also waiting for someone to testify and make my waking up today worthwhile.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 10:45am On Oct 10, 2022
Nadingo:

Then ignore my comments smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2022
bepositive11:

Then ignore my comments smiley
Fourth person and counting....... Take correction, admit your mistake, apologize and be freeeeeeeeeeeeee grin
The three steps to becoming a better person in life course 101 looks like you have to carry-over. grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Frankielilbaby(f): 10:59am On Oct 10, 2022
Nadingo:
wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Predator188: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
No PPR by 10am IRCC better behave yourselves I don't want to fight this morning, it's Monday let's not start this new week with curses. Abeg na IRCC.
Who suppose do roll call today?
Today is public holiday in Kenya tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by CharitoJames(f): 11:02am On Oct 10, 2022
Today is thanksgiving in Canada… Public hols so no PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2022
CharitoJames:

Amen Sis. Let me do the CBSA then

Please do, we shall all celebrate with you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:13am On Oct 10, 2022
CharitoJames:

What is JR?

Judicial Review (JR)

Sis., it's better to reapply.

Just stay calm, it's a temporary delay.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 10, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
No PPR by 10am IRCC better behave yourselves I don't want to fight this morning, it's Monday let's not start this new week with curses. Abeg na IRCC.
Who suppose do roll call today?

Funny you

I tire for IRCC o lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 10, 2022
Frankielilbaby:
Please guys who received PPR last week please say hey and your approval date let me update the roll call and....those refused too cry if you don't want to it is not compulsory.

Class Captain smiley smiley smiley wink

Weldone dear

We shall all celebrate soonest

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2022
CharitoJames:

What is JR?

Judicial Review. I think it has to be you employing a Canadian lawyer to tackle the reason/s for refusal of you think the VO refused you wrongly. People have done it and won sha.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 10, 2022
Predator188:

Today is public holiday in Kenya tongue tongue tongue

I am heartbroken �

Why will they go on holiday today nah?

I've been here waiting for PPR news to ginger me

Ouch! Time to check out then, will prefer nit to be here if no ppr testimony.

Abeg, make una stop to dey attack each other. E don do

Let peace reign

One love Nairaland family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2022
7COLOURS:

Judicial Review (JR)

Sis., it's better to reapply.

Just stay calm, it's a temporary delay.

I suggested that because it looks like the basis upon refusal is not tenable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 10, 2022
Pace6:

I suggested that because it looks like the basis upon refusal is not tenable.

Yes I know Bro

JR is expensive, about 3,000 Cad

But from what we've seen here, people who reapply get decision faster than first application, reason I feel she should reapply.

We shall all testify soonest
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by chrisoo(m): 11:33am On Oct 10, 2022
Nazkid1:
I’m a second time applicant, please while writing my second SOP do i need to state that i was recently denied?

Off Course that is the reason you are reapplying. They already you were denied. So you have to mention it and address their concerns very well, with real and veritable evidence.
May God grant you grace and wisdom!
The Gurus can explain better. This is just my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 11:35am On Oct 10, 2022
7COLOURS:

Yes I know Bro

JR is expensive, about 3,000 Cad

But from what we've seen here, people who reapply get decision faster than first application, reason I feel she should reapply.

We shall all testify soonest

Yes it is expensive, but if one has the funds why not?

This is my second application and today makes it 3 months I’ve not heard pim from them.

A decision was reached during my first application within 2 months, one would think second application would be faster. No one knows how they operate really.

Amen and Amen

It will end in praise

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ghettonews: 11:46am On Oct 10, 2022
Pace6:

This is my second application and today makes it 3 months I’ve not heard pim from them.

A decision was reached during my first application within 2 months, one would think second application would be faster. No one knows how they operate really.

Amen and Amen

It will end in praise

Pace 6@ I heard Canada requires proof of funds that covers someone studies for the whole year he is going to study , how true is this?
Also are the Canadian vo the ones making the visa decision or is it from Canadian migration in canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Moyosore019: 11:48am On Oct 10, 2022
Cadygosh:
You pay in CAD and you cant use naira card to pay it. you will need a dollar card to make payment.. Hope this helps

Thank you, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by bepositive11: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2022
Judicial review can take up to 1 year though.. I came across a JR case here on Nairaland. Can't remember the year but it took like 1 year for him to get his PPR.

Pace6:

Amen and Amen

It will end in praise
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by WrathJustified: 12:10pm On Oct 10, 2022
Guest911:

Yes mum is late, all of my siblings are not in Nigeria

Hello bro. I sent you an email to ask a question. Please do reply the email so I can ask the question. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2022
bepositive11:
Judicial review can take up to 1 year though.. I came across a JR case here on Nairaland. Can't remember the year but it took like 1 year for him to get his PPR.

Please what’s the correct option to select?

Want to get note for a refusal.

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2022
ghettonews:

Pace 6@ I heard Canada requires proof of funds that covers someone studies for the whole year he is going to study , how true is this?
Also are the Canadian vo the ones making the visa decision or is it from Canadian migration in canada

Rightly so.

And the VOs are the ones to make the decision.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by raod(f): 12:23pm On Oct 10, 2022
Good afternoon all. Pls I have a question, I applied to a school in Canada for a PGD program and part of the admission requirements is that the issuing institution of my first degree certificate should send both my transcript and certificate to them to review. I tried sending my certificate but they declined and regarded it as an unofficial document. Though, I have applied for a copy of my transcript and certificate to be sent to them, but I don't think my Alma mater can send my certificate. Is there a way I can convince them that my Alma mater cannot send a copy of my certificate, or how do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 12:43pm On Oct 10, 2022
chrisoo:

Off Course that is the reason you are reapplying. They already you were denied. So you have to mention it and address their concerns very well, with real and veritable evidence.
May God grant you grace and wisdom!
The Gurus can explain better. This is just my opinion.

Thanks so much dear, please i have another question, can i use my uncle and my aunty as my sponsors? On the first application i used only my aunts account which had only N14m for a 4 years program and i was denied. Do you think it’s advisable to use that same account? But this time I’m also using my uncle as my sponsor and his account got more than 50m
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Jaykeh: 12:45pm On Oct 10, 2022
raod:
Good afternoon all. Pls I have a question, I applied to a school in Canada for a PGD program and part of the admission requirements is that the issuing institution of my first degree certificate should send both my transcript and certificate to them to review. I tried sending my certificate but they declined and regarded it as an unofficial document. Though, I have applied for a copy of my transcript and certificate to be sent to them, but I don't think my Alma mater can send my certificate. Is there a way I can convince them that my Alma mater cannot send a copy of my certificate, or how do I go about this?

Why do you think they can't send it to them?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by olokings(m): 12:50pm On Oct 10, 2022
i may be incorrect, but i don't think using a sponsor who has to commit over 70% of his available and accessible funds for your study is not strategic nor logical.

The sponsor should be able to boast a liquid bank balance requiring no more than 25-30% to fund your full study cost requirements.

This may not be a stated rule, but i think it makes logical sense. No normal person will want to "sponsor" or grant you scholarship which will consume over 70% of his available funds.

Keep that in mind when quoting sponsors. Then having multiple 3rd party sponsors is already a flag, when they don't totally encourage 3rd party sponsors to begin with. It is not just about finding sponsors, but finding one that you can demonstrate commitment and reasonable expense for the sponsorship.

ciao

Nazkid1:

Thanks so much dear, please i have another question, can i use my uncle and my aunty as my sponsors? On the first application i used only my aunts account which had only N14m for a 4 years program and i was denied. Do you think it’s advisable to use that same account? But this time I’m also using my uncle as my sponsor and his account got more than 50m

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
olokings:
i may be incorrect, but i don't think using a sponsor who has to commit over 70% of his available and accessible funds for your study is not strategic nor logical.

The sponsor should be able to boast a liquid bank balance requiring no more than 25-30% to fund your full study cost requirements.

This may not be a stated rule, but i think it makes logical sense. No normal person will want to "sponsor" or grant you scholarship which will consume over 70% of his available funds.

Keep that in mind when quoting sponsors. Then having multiple 3rd party sponsors is already a flag, when they don't totally encourage 3rd party sponsors to begin with. It is not just about finding sponsors, but finding one that you can demonstrate commitment and reasonable expense for the sponsorship.

ciao

Please bro what’s the correct option to select from? For fast and more details reasons for study permit refusal

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2022
Pace6:

Please bro what’s the correct option to select from? For fast and more details reasons for study permit refusal

Go for CBSA- Gcsm notes that is faster now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bobomaigida: 1:05pm On Oct 10, 2022
raod:

You have to inform them that your school only sends transcripts, which you have applied for. I doubt there is any institution that sends certificates to third parties. It is assumed that you have the original copy of the certificate, why will the college request for a copy to be sent from your alma mater again or why will your alma mater send a copy of the certificate when they have given you the original?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Pace6: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
Bobomaigida:

Go for CBSA- Gcsm notes that is faster now.

Thanks bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Nazkid1: 1:11pm On Oct 10, 2022
olokings:

ciao

Wow, thanks for the clarity. My uncle agreed to give me all the needed documents i will be needing. Do you think he can use his 50m account to sponsor me? My tuition is $18k

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (1317)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.