Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,080 members, 7,931,699 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 - Travel (845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 (1360352 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (1317) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 6:11am On Feb 17, 2023
Owanhero123:
Centennial college May intake

Application submitted January 6 2023

Submission confirmation January 6 2023

Medical request January 26 2023

Medical done 8 February 2023

Medical passed 13 February 2023

Passport request 16 February 2023

I knew the application looked familiar to Centennial šŸ˜
Are you in the WhatsApp group chat if you want to be added you can email me your number
Congratulations again šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by beccadamilola(f): 6:37am On Feb 17, 2023
kayceekay:

Please did you submit English test for your Centennial College admission?

No just use your Original Waec results/Certificate anyone will do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Aboffine: 6:58am On Feb 17, 2023
Congratulations. I see your PPR is here

uote author=chithec post=120953451]Please anyone submitted their passport at UPS lekki before? the one beside vfs[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Eje18(f): 6:59am On Feb 17, 2023
[quote author=Cath1234 post=120973291]PLEASE HELP ME HAVE BEEN ASKING THIS QUESTIONS WHAT ARE THE DOCUMENTS TO TAKE TO BIOMETRICS APART FROM BIOMETRICS LETTER ,PASSPORT AND APPOINTMENTS LETTER PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE HELP ME OUT[color=#990000][/color][/quote

Biometric instruction letter and biometric letter, photocopy of biodata page.,passport.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by tarmmey: 7:12am On Feb 17, 2023
2kurupt:

Single, I don't think engaged is seen as an official marital status

My thoughts too but we have been living together for more than a year now and we have a child. My refused application i had it there that i was single because it was not up to a year we were living together. So now does she perfectly fit a common law partner?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Iseoluwani: 7:25am On Feb 17, 2023
beccadamilola:

I knew the application looked familiar to Centennial šŸ˜
Are you in the WhatsApp group chat if you want to be added you can email me your number
Congratulations again šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‰

08143412574. Kindly add me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by talk2priscal: 7:27am On Feb 17, 2023
BenedictStinson:

Yes you can

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by MotolaniBolaji: 7:29am On Feb 17, 2023
IvarDboneless:

Bros help abeg
The visa fee on the site is $150 and biometrics is $85...at what rate is it calculated if am paying from my naira debit card.... or there another way one can make payment

A relative in Canada helped out in paying for it so I donā€™t know the rates or if your Nigerian card will even work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 7:30am On Feb 17, 2023
MrDam:
How best can I tackle all this reasons please help somebody I am ready to reapply and I need y'all help i do not have money to give agent please help me drop your one cent advice it will go a long way for me, I want to take advantage of my last intake period which is may 12.
The answer to your inquiry is right in this picture
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by alphabbey1(m): 7:35am On Feb 17, 2023
MrDam:
How best can I tackle all this reasons please help somebody I am ready to reapply and I need y'all help i do not have money to give agent please help me drop your one cent advice it will go a long way for me, I want to take advantage of my last intake period which is may 12.

What VO listed are just basic things you should have done

The answer to your inquiry is right in this picture
All you need is provide sufficient fund, explain the source, and pay tuition fee before re-applying... also ensure the paid tuition fee comes from your sponsor account

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Olbat12: 7:41am On Feb 17, 2023
Good morning house,
Pls, has any one pays for post graduate certificate programs through Zenith bank via Form A? or rather, does Zenith bank pay for graduate certificate via form A, because I learned that majority of people here used Eco, Gtb and Stanbic. Pls I need an urgent answer from whoever that have paid with Zenith.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Tolifefun: 8:13am On Feb 17, 2023
ANGELAFELIX:
Good evening everyone
Please do I need transit visa for the technical stop at Dublin?

I want to book with Ethiopian airlines
NO, YOU DON'T NEED TRANSIT VISA
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by 2kurupt(m): 8:19am On Feb 17, 2023
tarmmey:

My thoughts too but we have been living together for more than a year now and we have a child. My refused application i had it there that i was single because it was not up to a year we were living together. So now does she perfectly fit a common law partner?
Ok, but won't you require prerequisite documents to show she's your common law partner?

You can check out what IRCC defines as common law partner on the site and see if she meets the profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by segzyndpep(m): 8:25am On Feb 17, 2023
Aphrodite007:
Long post!!! (pls shorten post if you want to reply)

Been a silent reader, canā€™t thank you all enough for your selfless work, it really helped me. Iā€˜m adopting ogidiganā€™s method because I think dropping a profile is important. I was desperate for peoples profiles to know if their circumstance was similar to mine.

1st time applicant (though I have an EE profile). 30 year old married (separated) female, self sponsored, living and working in the UK & Nigerian nationality. I studied computing in bsc & msc and I build business software so this is a logical progression- I explained this & that I wanted a promotion in my LOE as reason for study.

VAC: London
Upfront med: Oct 2022
Application submission: 9 Dec 2022
Biometrics: 19 Dec 2022
Medicals passed: 3 Feb 2023
PPR: 3 Feb 2023
Sent passport: 6 Feb 2023
Received passport: 15 Feb 2023
Session: Aug 2023
DLI: UBC

GC key portal
Education gap: 6 years
Program: MBA
Duration: 16 months
POF1: 4 months bank statement showing 12 months tuition (rather than my total tuition, so just 80%)
Source: Salary (Didnā€™t touch salary during the 4 months I needed for bank statement).
Source evidence: Showed 1 months payslip and job confirmation letter.
POF2: GIC certificate of 10k CAD for one year maintenance.
POF3: scholarship of 40k CAD (50% off my tuition)
POF4: Deposit of 5k CAD (uni refused me paying any tuition until enrolment)

Proof of Ties:
Showed ties to Nigeria by mentioning my parents in Nigeria. Showed ties to UK with my residence permit, wedding certificate to husband (Brit), my registered company & tax documents, my property documents. Obviously not traveling with hubby so I used he and my sister that lives with me as ties. Also Mentioned how the average earning of my field in Canada is less than Uk so Iā€™ll be inclined to return to the Uk (lol I donā€™t plan to).

Travel history : 9 European countries
Rejections: 1 US visa in 2016 (due to my stupidity lol, I didnā€™t know what ā€œresidenceā€ meant)

Docs submitted:
- POF
- LOE (with UK residence permit, registry marriage cert, Ielts result (optional), Change of name affidavit, degree certs, professional certifications, resume (I couldnā€™t fit it in the IMM doc). In my LOE, i wrote an explanation for proof of fund, proof of ties, reason for study (this is extremely important as itā€™s the 3 things youā€™re marked on).
- The IMMs that applied to me.
- Visa stamps on current intl passport.
- screenshot of email from Uni confirming they didnā€™t want any instalment towards my tuition.
- Upfront med cert
- Letter for internship (coop work permit)
- Conditional Offer letter (they were waiting for my transcripts)

Congratulations..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Prosperkossy: 8:34am On Feb 17, 2023
What are the things i need while going for medicals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by ANGELAFELIX: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2023
BenedictStinson:

You won't exit the plane

Okay thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maschi: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
Two different people posted the same story with a different username and a different timeline.

I just hope people are not here trying to frustrate others. undecided

one was posted in March 2021 and the other was posted in December 2022.

It is well.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bigzaddy2004: 9:40am On Feb 17, 2023
Pls I'm new here do we have people applying to centennial college for the September intakes. If there is a group chat I would love to be added. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Dolex86: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Please any response or sample will be much appreciated

Dolex86:
Hello my people,
I have been a silent reader for a while now and would like to make an enquiry on behalf of a friend as regards applying for the Canadian study visa. Please can anyone advise what document is submitted as proof of being a separated parent.
Will appreciate your opinions and feedback.
Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Temitayo458(m): 10:00am On Feb 17, 2023
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
ā€¢ Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

I got refuse because of this reason
I'm still 17 years old
My mom was my sponsor
18 million was in her savings account she also added a survey land property for POF for an undergraduate program for 4 years to the university of Manitoba 18,000 for tuition fee and 11,000 for living expenses as indicated in the school standardize letter
Please I will be so grateful if I can get a good answer all answers and opinions are highly welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by danherb: 10:03am On Feb 17, 2023
God did it for me without any insider and mine was processed within 2 weeks at Eco bank

BenedictStinson:

Almost all of them process Form A for PG programs. All of them are slow unless you have an insider
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 10:04am On Feb 17, 2023
Pls Iā€™m worried about this and itā€™s urgent pls I need help and info on this. Biko
Can a new account be used for POF? Less that a month acct. Old account which is zenith bank is having issues canā€™t use it. Has anyone got PPR with a new account bfr
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Bamz555: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2023
Temitayo458:
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. I have reviewed your study permit application
and supporting documentation to assess whether you meet the requirements for a study permit
(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to Canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/I-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). I am refusing
your application.
ā€¢ Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or

I got refuse because of this reason
I'm still 17 years old
My mom was my sponsor
18 million was in her savings account she also added a survey land property for POF for an undergraduate program for 4 years to the university of Manitoba 18,000 for tuition fee and 11,000 for living expenses as indicated in the school standardize letter
Please I will be so grateful if I can get a good answer all answers and opinions are highly welcome
Sorry about that
The whole 18m canā€™t take your through 2yrs study.
18,000cad + 11,000cad is 29,000cad
29,000cad is 10,000,000+
10,000,000+ multiply by 4yrs study is 40m plus
So u see why itā€™s not sufficient. Plus u are even 17yrs ur ability nd capability to work is limited to

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Maschi: 10:16am On Feb 17, 2023
Bamz555:
Pls Iā€™m worried about this and itā€™s urgent pls I need help and info on this. Biko
Can a new account be used for POF? Less that a month acct. Old account which is zenith bank is having issues canā€™t use it. Has anyone got PPR with a new account bfr
It is advisable to use an account that is up to 4 months
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Temitayo458(m): 10:20am On Feb 17, 2023
Good day house

Thank you for your interest in studying in canada. i have reviewed your study permit application
eligibility.html). This includes assessing whether you are coming to canada temporarily for the
reason(s) you describe in your application. i have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (irpa) (https://laws-
lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/i-2.5/index.html) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations
(IRPR) (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/index.html). i am refusing
your application.
ā€¢ pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the irpa, i am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or

i got refuse because of this reason
i'm still 17 years old
My mom was my sponsor
18 million was in her savings account she also added a survey land property for POF for an undergraduate program for 4 years to the university of Manitoba 18,000 for tuition fee and 11,000 for living expenses as indicated in the school standardize letter.
Now my mom is planning to make the savings account showing that there will be 35 million in it but all I need is up to 50 million plus
I'm preparing a new sop I would like to "indicate that my dad,income and other family would adictionally incur in it while in my staying and studying in canada"
Please I need you all advice on this and evidence I can show of the POF
Please i will be so grateful if i can get a good answer all answers and opinions are highly welcome
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Owanhero123: 10:47am On Feb 17, 2023
Pheranmie2023:

Congratulations šŸŽ‰. Thereā€™s a WhatsApp group for may intake centennial college students. You can send me a mail if interested.

Can I have your email account boss ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by nwauwa(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2023
oks
Legitmenaija:

Someone answered above.

He said No.
ok
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by TUBLEZ(m): 11:29am On Feb 17, 2023
danherb:
God did it for me without any insider and mine was processed within 2 weeks at Eco bank

at what rate plz?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Legitmenaija: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2023
Hi everyone, please is this the correct address to use when writing letter of Recommendation from church and employer?

High Commission of Canada in Abuja, Nigeria
15 Bobo Street, Maitama
Abuja, Nigeria
City: Abuja
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by SoftdudeKay: 11:40am On Feb 17, 2023
Good morning house. Please is there any WhatsApp group chat for Cambrian College students? Or students in Brampton or students in North York?

Kindly add me to any of these group chats please. 07036412417.

Thanks in anticipation!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2023
go with your passport,
2 photocopies of the data page of your passport,
the Biometric request sent to you,
a pen

Cath1234:
Please have been asking this questions since what are the documents to take for
Biometrics please ā€¦

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 by Shayo5: 11:56am On Feb 17, 2023
go with your biometric slip/sticker that was given to you on the day your biometrics was taken and your passport

Owanhero123:
PPR just landed. What GOD cannot do does not exist...
Visitor visa denied 2019

Documents submitted

Tuition deposit of 2,650 cad

Additional tuition payment 9,350 cad

Admission letter

Employment letter

Introduction letter from office

Study leave letter

landed property

Stanbic ibtc POF ( 3,009,000)

Globus bank POF ( 8,002,000)

Gtbank POF Dom (2,500 usd)

SOP

Wedding certificate

Police character

International passport

Birth certificate

Wedding picture

Office picture

Office picture with colleagues

Self sponsored

Please what documents will I go with for passport submission please help

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (1317)

Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.