Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,607 members, 7,968,776 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:35 PM

Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! (651 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Obama Watched Bin Laden Die On Live Video As Shoot-out Beamed To White House / Osama Bin Laden Is Dead: His Body Is In US Custody! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! by texazzpete(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2011
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2011/08/08/110808fa_fact_schmidle?currentPage=all

This is perhaps the most detailed look into how the events of that night occurred. It's a really fascinating read.
Re: Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! by seanet02: 8:00pm On Aug 01, 2011
Sweet, entertaining and hem hem it could be lies also. I dont have short memory.
Fabricated stories that tells the minute to minute details of how iraq acquired weapons of mass destruction by western media is still fresh in my brain.
Re: Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! by playmode(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2011
Stories !
Re: Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! by Chintua: 8:47am On Aug 03, 2011
Who cares?
The man is dead.
The world has moved on!
Please, move on too.
Thank you.kiss

I wish we could find out who killed Bola Ige huh? cheesy
Re: Detailed Account Of How Bin Laden Was Killed! by tyson55(m): 2:15am On Aug 04, 2011
I love this take:

On March 29th, McRaven brought the plan to Obama. The President’s military advisers were divided. Some supported a raid, some an airstrike, and others wanted to hold off until the intelligence improved. Robert Gates, the Secretary of Defense, was one of the most outspoken opponents of a helicopter assault. Gates reminded his colleagues that he had been in the Situation Room of the Carter White House when military officials presented Eagle Claw—the 1980 Delta Force operation that aimed at rescuing American hostages in Tehran but resulted in a disastrous collision in the Iranian desert, killing eight American soldiers. “They said that was a pretty good idea, too,” Gates warned. He and General James Cartwright, the vice-chairman of the Joint Chiefs, favored an airstrike by B-2 Spirit bombers. That option would avoid the risk of having American boots on the ground in Pakistan. But the Air Force then calculated that a payload of thirty-two smart bombs, each weighing two thousand pounds, would be required to penetrate thirty feet below ground, insuring that any bunkers would collapse. “That much ordnance going off would be the equivalent of an earthquake,” Cartwright told me. The prospect of flattening a Pakistani city made Obama pause. He shelved the B-2 option and directed McRaven to start rehearsing the raid.

(1) (Reply)

Rothschilds Eye Cross-channel Unity / David Cameron Fails Citizenship Test Questions / Trayvon Martin's Killer Walks Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.