Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,107 members, 7,919,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 10:49 AM

An Urgent Advice Needed - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / An Urgent Advice Needed (494 Views)

Please, I Need An Urgent Advice On Relocating To UK / I Was Deported From Abroad. Urgent Advice Needed / Abuja - Dubai Trip Advice Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Urgent Advice Needed by datetom(m): 4:26pm On Jul 31, 2022
i have a uncle in lagos but dating an American woman born kenya but the issue they having now is that the woman wants to file for my uncle next to come to state cus she's planin coming to Nigeria next year as well but the woman is still legally married to the ex husband in kenya simply because the man refuses to sign their divorce paper so she not letting the woman go and the same man in question have remarried to an other woman in kenya .
so i need ur advice on what next to do so i can tell my uncle
mind you they married in kenya not in US
Re: An Urgent Advice Needed by 1stGenAmerican(f): 3:00am On Aug 01, 2022
datetom:
i have a uncle in lagos but dating an American woman born kenya but the issue they having now is that the woman wants to file for my uncle next to come to state cus she's planin coming to Nigeria next year as well but the woman is still legally married to the ex husband in kenya simply because the man refuses to sign their divorce paper so she not letting the woman go and the same man in question have remarried to an other woman in kenya .
so i need ur advice on what next to do so i can tell my uncle
mind you they married in kenya not in US

She should legally divorce her husband before marrying your uncle and applying for his visa. The most important lesson about US immigration is that computers talk to other computers. With less than 50 keystrokes, her real martial status can be discovered and a ban can be issued.

1 Like

Re: An Urgent Advice Needed by datetom(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

She should legally divorce her husband before marrying your uncle and applying for his visa. The most important lesson about US immigration is that computers talk to other computers. With less than 50 keystrokes, her real martial status can be discovered and a ban can be issued.
oh ok but the man refuses to sign the divorce paper that is were the problem lay so me thinking the fact that they were never married in the US if the can still go ahead and ignore the ex husband since he's proving stubborn
Re: An Urgent Advice Needed by 1stGenAmerican(f): 8:36pm On Aug 01, 2022
datetom:
oh ok but the man refuses to sign the divorce paper that is were the problem lay so me thinking the fact that they were never married in the US if the can still go ahead and ignore the ex husband since he's proving stubborn

There are ways for her to still receive a divorce in Kenya even if her husband won’t sign. Any Kenyan attorney can help her quickly resolve that roadblock. Why doesn’t she hire one?

USICS has already prepared for situations like this but people think they’re smarter than the agency. Just because they were never married in the US doesn’t mean that the US isn’t aware of her legal marriage in Kenya. She has US citizenship so I’m sure her husband benefitted from that which means the US government knows about her marriage.
On a professional basis I can say that this country literally pays other countries for access to databases and if was that easy to hide an international marriage, more applicants would be approved for visas.
Now, as an attorney with Immigration experience I’ll tell you that the scenario is one that I’ve heard more than once and it’s basically the same bullshit that has landed women and men in jail more than a few times. Chances are, the woman is paid to marry men from African countries so they can gain entry to the US or qualify for a green card. She is purposely staying married long enough to satisfy certain requirements that her husband will benefit from but as with most scammers, she is greedy and wants to marry multiple men at once to increase her earnings. She has convinced the man that they won’t get caught and he’ll receive papers. USICS has busted thousands of people doing this and because they aren’t caught right away they think they’ll get away with it and this time it won’t be any different.
Let your uncle (or whoever it really is) go ahead and try it then come back and mention me when they receive the denial and ban or he is granted entry into the country then arrested.
Re: An Urgent Advice Needed by datetom(m): 5:34am On Aug 02, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

There are ways for her to still receive a divorce in Kenya even if her husband won’t sign. Any Kenyan attorney can help her quickly resolve that roadblock. Why doesn’t she hire one?

USICS has already prepared for situations like this but people think they’re smarter than the agency. Just because they were never married in the US doesn’t mean that the US isn’t aware of her legal marriage in Kenya. She has US citizenship so I’m sure her husband benefitted from that which means the US government knows about her marriage.
On a professional basis I can say that this country literally pays other countries for access to databases and if was that easy to hide an international marriage, more applicants would be approved for visas.
Now, as an attorney with Immigration experience I’ll tell you that the scenario is one that I’ve heard more than once and it’s basically the same bullshit that has landed women and men in jail more than a few times. Chances are, the woman is paid to marry men from African countries so they can gain entry to the US or qualify for a green card. She is purposely staying married long enough to satisfy certain requirements that her husband will benefit from but as with most scammers, she is greedy and wants to marry multiple men at once to increase her earnings. She has convinced the man that they won’t get caught and he’ll receive papers. USICS has busted thousands of people doing this and because they aren’t caught right away they think they’ll get away with it and this time it won’t be any different.
Let your uncle (or whoever it really is) go ahead and try it then come back and mention me when they receive the denial and ban or he is granted entry into the country then arrested.

you see why is good to ask cuz im just hearing this method u telling me now...
There are ways for her to still receive a divorce in Kenya even if her husband won’t sign. Any Kenyan attorney can help her quickly resolve that roadblock. Why doesn’t she hire one? so i will tell my uncle about this method and if there is still any other methods u can always tell me i really appreciate ur advice

(1) (Reply)

Is It Safe To Travel to Enugu from Lagos? / What Is The Fastest Route To Get To Bolade Oshodi From Igando. / How Seizures Ruined My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.