Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,563 members, 7,878,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 09:18 PM

Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? (1058 Views)

Why Do Yoruba And Igbo Love Marrying Themselves / Buhari Is A Curse And This Is Why Igbo's Love Jonathan And Hate Buhari / No Pain, No Gain: Ambode Government Proved It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by blazesam(m): 2:10pm On Aug 01, 2022
Why is it that, Igbo men don't engage in suya business, is there no gain in it or what? Have you seen any from anywhere?

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Sunofgod(m): 2:19pm On Aug 01, 2022
Suya, shoe shiner, gate man etc

Igbo are above such meaneal jobs no matter how much can be gained.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by wenogodie2: 2:24pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

Nonsense! It's simply because the North has absolute monopoly to cow meat therefore no region can compete with them.

Igbos are fully aware of this

6 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Rekhina(f): 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
The poster above me is right

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by omaclarry(m): 2:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
And I guess it's aboki that cooks cow tail peppersoup, cow head peppersoup, nkwobi and matching ground that is far more expensive abi. The truth is suya is not very lucrative to Igbos. Its more of a snack mostly sold at night by roadside and if rain fall, your market Don cast, if salary never come bad market, if ur customers Don belle full bad market, if ur customers dey vex bad market.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Igbodicool(m): 2:57pm On Aug 01, 2022
wenogodie2:

Nonsense! It's simply because the North has absolute monopoly to cow meat therefore no region can compete with them.

Monopoly of cows?
How?
Who has monopoly of anything again in this world?
When some Igbo men have ranches in Igbo land.

Just that Igbo people have not developed interest in those businesses, I guess.
That's my submission!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by abobote: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
This one is monopolize by Hausa People all the world

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by maybet081: 3:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

Damn wrong.
Igbos hawk,they push wheel barrow stop that bragging please.
Igbo na agba mbo .
Don't insult other people profession.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Dhury: 3:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

that is ibo mentality always looking down on other's. it's not better to earn a little gains in legal meaneal jobs than to earn large in drugs trafficking and end in shame in cambodia ,paskitan or India and latter blame Nigerian government for negligence ?https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/nigerian-couple-arrested-with-drugs-in-india/amp/.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:02pm On Aug 01, 2022
We will enter it as soon as we see one suya maiguard driving a mercedez benz.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by blazesam(m): 3:03pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

Your take is wrong. Does it mean those who repair shoes in you deep villages are also Hausa?

You should have said, they know how to prepare it better, that would have sounded nice than saying this naa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Zionmdde: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

That's a big lie
Igbos do menial jobs lower than that

OP it's because of what we call Cartel in business, Fulanis own the cows, in charge of slaughtering the cows and won't sell the meat to an Igbo man at a very cheap wholesale price, that business belongs to them and its best to leave it that way

Just like an hausa man going into spare parts business, igbos overseas who are major players in that business will frustrate u

4 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by christejames(m): 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2022
Not really, Igbos are also into grilling of meat but not mainly beef...

There is mutton, fish and the best of them all pork grills especially in Enugu where the best pork grill is served kiss kiss, I prefer it to suya anytime.

And one thing you should know about Igbos grilles is their packaging... Visit Steak House Enugu to understand better, it's just like a restaurant for grilling alone with different kinds of meat, from beaf to chicken to pork and whatnot.

I can still remember last year when I visited Nsukka at Beach Junction, walking on the road and perceiving this strong aromatic whiff, I turned left and so a young guy preparing what the hausas call Doya da kwoyi that is yam mixed with eggs in a more appealing way, I was stunned but remembered the Igbos entrepreneural spirit and smiled cheesy

Igbos get levels when it comes to business, they give it a nudge further.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by jmoore(m): 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
Is it Hausa people that are mostly into grilled meat in USA, UK. etc?

Grilled meat is not peculiar to Hausa people only.

There is gain in selling grilled meat. Anyone that thinks that Suya business is not profitable is obviously beclouded in his/her reasoning.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by SU50: 4:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
blazesam:
Why is it that, Igbo men don't engage in suya business, [b]is there no gain in it [/b]or what? Have you seen any from anywhere?

Lol. Kbiw many suya sellers that are doing way above average. Earning more than a lot of small business owners that you guys overhype for nothing. Someone making over a 500k in sales in a month is not doing bad.

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by mrvitalis(m): 4:59pm On Aug 01, 2022
wenogodie2:

Igbos can buy cow and still compete so that logic is flawed ...suya is more of a cultural food tho some Igbo bars make their own suya

Just like Igbos dominating amala business
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by descarado: 5:00pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

Shut it.
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by descarado: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
AlfaSeltzer:
We will enter it as soon as see one suya maiguard driving a mercedez benz.
You are not serious, are you?
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Tenses: 5:04pm On Aug 01, 2022
I think it has to do with creativity.

This I one business I fail to see how one can do it creatively with out loosing it true structure.

On a second thought I think it's stereotypical.

Igbos will be like, " me and aboki will be doing nama something" tufia!!!

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Tenses: 5:06pm On Aug 01, 2022
wenogodie2:

Wrong! The abattoir are mostly own by igbos in the east and a lot of igbos are beef vendors too.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Tenses: 5:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
Tenses:
I think it has to do with creativity.

This I one business I fail to see how one can do it creatively with out loosing it true structure.

On a second thought I think it's stereotypical.

Igbos will be like, " me and aboki will be doing nama something" tufia!!!

Why don't Igbos do bureau de change business?

1 Like

Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by zaki2: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dhury:
that is ibo mentality always looking down on other's. it's not better to earn a little gains in legal meaneal jobs than to earn large in drugs trafficking and end in shame in cambodia ,paskitan or India and latter blame Nigerian government for negligence ?https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/nigerian-couple-arrested-with-drugs-in-india/amp/.
He doesn't represent Igbos. That is his personal opinion.
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Dhury: 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2022
zaki2:

He doesn't represent Igbos. That is his personal opinion.
okay noted
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by wenogodie2: 5:51pm On Aug 01, 2022
mrvitalis:

Igbos can buy cow and still compete so that logic is flawed ...suya is more of a cultural food tho some Igbo bars make their own suya

Just like Igbos dominating amala business

No, igbos cannot buy cows cheaper than those that rear the cows
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by nedu666: 5:53pm On Aug 01, 2022
Igbos are into suya except it's referred to as grill. While aboki uses cow meat lgbos use fish, chicken, turkey etc. Even in onitsha and awka i am yet to see any lgbo man engaged in suya.
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by mrvitalis(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2022
wenogodie2:

No, igbos cannot buy cows cheaper than those that rear the cows
Lol you think the cow we eat in Nigeria come from north ? Lol they come from central Africa republic,southsudan ,Chad Igbos can remove hausas from the business

In rivers state yorubas dominate the cow industry especially osun ( Iwo ) people they are the major sellers

Igbos are already taking over Kuli kuli production ... modernizing it ...add more flavour ...spicy , sweet ,ginger etc

So who says they can't take over suya ...
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 01, 2022
Dhury:

Shhhh. Yeebos don't do menial jobs. Only executive jobs like hawking gala in traffic, pushing and selling from wheelbarrows in markets etc. Yeebos and stupid bragging. And they always wonder why people don't like them.
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2022
Zionmdde:

That's a big lie
Igbos do menial jobs lower than that

OP it's because of what we call Cartel in business, Fulanis own the cows, in charge of slaughtering the cows and won't sell the meat to an Igbo man at a very cheap wholesale price, that business belongs to them and its best to leave it that way

Just like an hausa man going into spare parts business, igbos overseas who are major players in that business will frustrate u

Fulanis don't slaughter cattle. They actually can't stand in the same place a cow is being slaughtered. It's Hausas and others that do the slaughtering.
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by wenogodie2: 7:05pm On Aug 01, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol you think the cow we eat in Nigeria come from north ? Lol they come from central Africa republic,southsudan ,Chad Igbos can remove hausas from the business

In rivers state yorubas dominate the cow industry especially osun ( Iwo ) people they are the major sellers

Igbos are already taking over Kuli kuli production ... modernizing it ...add more flavour ...spicy , sweet ,ginger etc

So who says they can't take over suya ...

Igbo dominance is only existing in your head. The level of delusion among we Igbos is baffling. Same way they claimed ipob militia will defeat the Nigerian army.

I know I will be wasting my time educating you so I won't bother trying.
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Omoslim26: 7:11pm On Aug 01, 2022
wenogodie2:

Igbo dominance is only existing in your head. The level of delusion among we Igbos is baffling. Same way they claimed ipob militia will defeat the Nigerian army.

I know I will be wasting my time educating you so I won't bother trying.

Guy you really need to purge your mind from hate and bigotry undecided
What do you guys gain from all this tribal hate.
I know your excuse will be some foolish ones claiming ipob do it too,so must you join fools in foolishness undecided
Ipob is a sect not a Tribe,the Tribe is Igbo and everywhere We go We are a blessing.
Ofcus there are bad eggs in every Tribe,but still won't change the fact that Igbos are one exceptional Tribe to engage.
Shun tribal bigotry it makes people sound very stupid undecided
Re: Igbo's Love Business, Is It That There Is No Gain In This One? by Ofodirinwa: 7:14pm On Aug 01, 2022
Sunofgod:

you have a lazy mentality bro. Nothing is 'meaneal' about a person working hard and feeding their families. This is how someone who is chronically jobless will be feeling superior to a shoe shiner, but if they got to eat with the shoe shiner, it's the shoe shiner that has the capacity to put food in both of their stomachs.

Change your thinking

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

APC Wins Yakubu Dogara Constituency For Bauchi Assembly Bye-election / Atiku Abubarkar In Akwa Ibom State: Moral And Political Questions / Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Top Presidential Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.