Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,566 members, 7,944,717 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

Only God Is Dependable - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Only God Is Dependable (1829 Views)

For Intelligent Mind Only. [God Created The Universe Or Universe Created God] / How Yahweh's Jealousy Stripped Him Of Being The Only God / Things Only God Could Have Known! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Only God Is Dependable by PastorAde: 9:11am On Aug 02, 2011
[center]ONLY GOD IS DEPENDABLE[/center]

He is the Rock, His work is perfect: for all His ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is He (Deuteronomy 32:4).

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed (fortunate) is the man that trusts in Him Psalm 34:8, emphasis added).

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God. They are brought down and fallen: but we are risen, and stand upright. Save LORD: let the King hear us when we call (Psalm 20:7-9).

Cease you from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of (Isaiah 2:22, emphasis added).

In the first passage above, God is described as the Rock personified. A rock is a big, hard, massive, strong and solidified material of the earth’s crust, exposed on the surface. You must have heard about the rock of Gibraltar. Yes! God is Big, Strong, Massive, and Reliable. He can be depended upon. When all else, and indeed all else will fail you, God can never, never fail you. You’ve got to taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed and fortunate are those who put their trust in the Rock of All Ages.

Man is God’s creation. So how can something created be greater and stronger than the Creator? The spirit of man came from God. The body of man was formed out of the dust of the ground by the All-wise Creator (God). So God alone is All-wise and All-powerful. He is strong in power and in might, He is altogether wonderful and excellent and He is the Most High God. So it will be unwise and naïve to put your trust in a mortal man instead of putting your trust in the immortal God.

Some, in their ignorance, put their trust in chariots, and some, in their naivety, put their trust in horses: but those who know their God remember the name of the LORD their God. The former are brought down and fallen; but the latter are risen, and stand upright.
Only the LORD God can save you. He is the KING of all the earth. When you call upon Him in trouble, He will hear you and you shall glorify Him.
The purpose of this message is for you to stop and cease putting your trust or relying on a mortal man whose breath is in His nostrils (Isaiah 22:2). It is God that put that breath in the man’s nostrils in the first place. So who will you rely on? On God or that man?

There is a song that goes thus: “On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand: all other ground is sinking sand” How true! Jesus Christ is the Rock (1 Corinthians 10:4b). He is dependable. He died and rose from the dead. He is alive forevermore. All other ground is sinking sand. Dear reader, on which ground are you standing? Who are you depending upon? Is it on Christ the solid Rock or are you standing on other ground? There is only one Rock and that dependable Rock is Christ! Will you put your trust in Him? Standing on the Rock means going up heavenward. Standing on other ground means you are sinking downward to hell. What is your choice? Choose the Rock today. Will you? If yes, pray this prayer aloud: Lord Jesus, come into my heart, wash away my sins. I confess you as my Lord and Savior, in Jesus’ Precious Name, Amen.

For prayer and counseling: visit, write, call or e-mail: Prevailing Word & Prayer Ministries Inc. No 11, Ibrahim Tahir Lane, Utako. P.O. Box 11875, Garki, Abuja. Tel. 08033155417. E-mail: josey500@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

These Churches Are Business Centres? / God Saved Me Life This Morning In Lagos / Prophet T.B JOSHUA Prophecy To The Whole World About Using Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.