Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,512 members, 7,971,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 06:38 PM

Why I Don't Need A Wife As A Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Don't Need A Wife As A Man (385 Views)

Olamide Consoling Sound Sultan's Wife As She Laid On His Grave: Tearful Romance / Shame! Man blames wife as Sex Tape of them Making Love goes viral (Video) / Zimbabwean Man Hangs Out With Prostitute, She Shares Pics With Wife As Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Don't Need A Wife As A Man by LoveUdie: 5:03pm On Aug 03, 2022
(My Truth)
Trigger Warning ⚠️
(You will be glad you read this though)

1 can cook. I have been doing this since my undergraduate days.
I can clean. I have been doing that for as long as I can remember.
I will look after my kids too. Play with them. Make out time for them. Do everything I need to do for them. I can do a lot more for my home.
Sure, I can't give birth to the kids. I need a wife for that. I guess this is the only reason I should need a wife. Hmm. But then I can adopt a child and be a single dad for life.
This makes me wonder what I need a woman for as a man. For sex? Sex seems to be a good reason as it can't be done outside marriage as a Christian. But then. I can live and die without sex. I have been without it since birth, so I don't see why I can't survive without it till death. So why do I need a wife?

The issue is that most women have tied their relevance to a man to all these house chores and the likes. While some men may need that, that should not be the primary reason why a man should need you in his life if you know your worth.
There is no place in the Bible recorded that the woman is supposed to be the one doing domestic functions. The Bible called women helpmate but didn't specify the kind of help you would be rendering, so the man, in their wisdom of old, decided what to practice based on how their time permitted them, and that was passed down from generation to generation.

These things were traditions of old. That's why people use the phrase, traditional men/women. They are man-made, and the people of those times saw the need to put women in that position as the men went out to get the daily bread. So the man took up the financial responsibility of the home while the woman took up the domestic responsibility.
So today, when women are asked what they can offer a man, they mention the domestic work that every reasonable adult should be able to do for themselves, both male and female. What these women and some men have failed to understand is time. Time has changed things. We are no longer in that era where women didn't work, and men had to shoulder all things finance. That's why today people use the phrase modern man/woman.
Today women are in business. CEOs, doctors, lawyers, presidents, etc. Time has changed things. Old - New = Time. Time is the difference, yet most of you still think you are in the past. That's why you will keep fighting over unreasonable things. Today men and women should be fully involved in the domestic work and financing the relationship because that's the time we are in today.

That is why whenever this conversation of money comes up in a relationship and how it's the man's role to carry the financial responsibility, it just pisses me off.
Do I have a problem with men carrying the financial responsibility? No. Not at all. My problem is that many women use this to become very selfish and stingy in their relationships and marriage.
A full-grown woman that God has blessed is making almost the same amount the man is making, yet out of selfishness, wickedness, and lack of wisdom, she wants the man to pay all the bills knowing fully well that the economy is bad right now, and it takes two people now earning from a different place to be able to raise many kids and give them a good life and enjoy a good life together too.
She holds these mindsets, and you even hear about some that allow their husbands to pay these bills until.....https://www.allsinglesandmarried.com/2022/08/why-i-dont-need-wife-as-man.html

1 Like

Re: Why I Don't Need A Wife As A Man by Shalommy(f): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2022
Op, your life, your business. Do whatever makes you happy. Chaii

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Do People Still Keep Househelps/maids In Nigeria? / A Sewing Machine For Sale / Fans React Over Sheggz And Bella Fancy Dinner Date (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.