Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,711 members, 7,882,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) (28091 Views)

4-Million-Man March In Lagos: Obidients Are Ready (Photos) / Governor Udom Inspects 8.4km Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom (Photo) / IBB Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Finally Commences (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Freeman50(m): 9:35pm On Aug 29, 2022
The only road in Uyo that Akwa Ibom state government was confused on how to tackle the flood that's attacking that area. Let's see whether this new project will solve the problem.
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by MegaStarr(m): 10:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
MMempire:
N23b for 9km drainage. Lord help us with our leaders.

I tire oh. You took this from my mouth.

2 Likes

Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by saintkeppy(m): 10:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
MMempire:
N23b for 9km drainage. Lord help us with our leaders.

It's looks ordinary in the pix, its actually a very massive flood control drainage project, if you were to be at the site where the construction took place, you'll understand better, the breath-taking deep excavations where most length of the outfall drains was installed underground is not a child's play, those Chinese guys used the very best materials according to specs of international standards, the money covers compensations paid to owners of landed &physical properties pulled-down off the right of way, you can't stand the sight of the depth&width of the drainage if you're there physically, it can swallow a complete storey building, it's so scary.

It's a World Bank Assisted Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), so they are mindful of the cost, every kobo is well appropriated according to Plan&Specifications of a Complete Flood Control Drainage Project, AKSG via Gov. Udom only provided counter-part funding, well monitored&Supervised by Ministry of Environment &Solid Minerals, so as to speed up the completion of the project in a record time.

3 Likes

Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Panda7(m): 11:10pm On Aug 29, 2022
the money udom is wiring into his secret account only god can testify, but las las money isn't everything even in god's sight
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by MMempire(m): 12:37am On Aug 30, 2022
saintkeppy:

It's looks ordinary in the pix, its actually a very massive flood control drainage project, if you were to be at the site where the construction took place, you'll understand better, the breath-taking deep excavations where most length of the outfall drains was installed underground is not a child's play, those Chinese guys used the very best materials according to specs of international standards, the money covers compensations paid to owners of landed &physical properties pulled-down off the right of way, you can't stand the sight of the depth&width of the drainage if you're there physically, it can swallow a complete storey building, it's so scary.

It's a World Bank Assisted Nigeria Erosion and Watershed Management Project (NEWMAP), so they are mindful of the cost, every kobo is well appropriated according to Plan&Specifications of a Complete Flood Control Drainage Project, AKSG via Gov. Udom only provided counter-part funding, well monitored&Supervised by Ministry of Environment &Soli Minerals, so as to speed up the completion of the project in a record time.
Don't have details of the construction before now, but thanks for enlightening me about it. Was thinking it was the normal drainage from the pictures posted above.
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by COMPAQ(m): 1:01am On Aug 30, 2022
shyvicky:
This is good, but there is a major issue here, they left it uncovered, this may lead to lost of human lives, i have seen where people fall in to ditches and were not found, another reason is, living it open allows, insects like mosquitoes, snakes etc to use there as their habitat. Please before u call me bad belle, note that Akpabio did this type of gutter in uyo, and it was sealed, everyone who comes to uyo literal drive on top of this flood ways without knowing.

This is a flood drain, not a gutter. They are typically open in parts of the world I have seen them cos they are quite wide.

1 Like

Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by OKorowanta: 1:06am On Aug 30, 2022
Bizibi:
When I entered akwa ibom two years ago I was ashamed of Delta State.....

Guy, you don yarn exactly wetin i dey tell people everytime..
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Bizibi(m): 2:31am On Aug 30, 2022
OKorowanta:

Guy, you don yarn exactly wetin i dey tell people everytime..
Delta State na shadow of itself.... when I passed through udom village I was asking myself if Delta leaders are human beings.
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Hunchogee: 9:35am On Aug 30, 2022
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Hunchogee: 9:38am On Aug 30, 2022
progressing:
Zoom the second it seems uncompleted towards the end
becos they OP copied the news from an original thread .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvQ8kH5OL-k Watch video
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Hunchogee: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2022
Freeman50:
The only road in Uyo that Akwa Ibom state government was confused on how to tackle the flood that's attacking that area. Let's see whether this new project will solve the problem.
it was already alive the problem and a green park was built to
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Makowonda: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2022
This is what is expected of a governor.Not like that Benue State's Samuel Ortom that keeps squandering monthly allocations to the detriment of Civil Servants and Pensioners in the state.
Re: The IBB Avenue Flood Control Project In Akwa Ibom Is Ready (Photos) by Akilou: 2:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Freeman50:
it was solved

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fayose Releases Phones Numbers To Report Sighting Of Herdsmen In Ekiti / Cattle Colony: You’re Not The Owner Of Kogi, Community Leader Warns Bello / Burial Of Ime Sampson Umanah In Akwa Ibom. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.