Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,331 members, 7,891,472 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:36 PM

Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo (470 Views)

NNPC Resumes Oil Exploration In Borno / NNPC Begins Crude Oil Exploration In 11 LGAs In Niger, Kwara, Kogi / Oil Exploration In The North Would Continue Until The Product Is Found - NNPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by MANDIPUTIN: 6:55am On Aug 05, 2022
The Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma has said Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) will resume work in Imo State after being off-site for a while.

Governor Uzodimma stated this after receiving in audience, Shell’s Managing Director, Osagie Okunbor at the Imo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja.

The governor said matters bordering on bunkering and theft of oil and company equipment were discussed with the conclusion of Shell returning back to site in Imo State.

“One of the observations of my administration upon resumption of office, was the fact that Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) had been off-site and suspended operations in Imo State as a result of insecurity, vandalism and illegal oil bunkering within the region,” the governor said.

“Having restored peace and tranquility along the coastline, today, I met yet again with the Managing Director and Chairman of the oil giant, Osagie Okunbor and I am elated at his assurance and confirmation of the company’s resolve to resume exploration in the State.

“This development is expected to create a ripple effect and economic boost for the growth of local contents within the region and the State at large while contributing to more developmental projects from the Government.

“On behalf of the Government and good people of Imo State, I express my profound gratitude to the management and staff of SPDC. Rest assured, that the State Government is committed to any partnership that would bring about the development of the State”.

https://standardobservers.com/shell-to-resume-crude-oil-exploration-in-imo/?amp
Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by Igbodicool(m): 7:39am On Aug 05, 2022
I thought all the oil in Igbo land dried up and the remaining went on hiding in the west.
What is really happening?
What is Shell doing in Imo State?

1 Like

Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by Mrkindness: 8:05am On Aug 05, 2022
Good development, I never know Igbos have oil too. I thought all the oyel are located in South southern states ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by ExplorerReturns(m): 8:30am On Aug 05, 2022
Coincidentally opec increased Nigeria quota to 1.83mbpd yesterday. Nigeria is trying to ramp up oil production from it's current range of 1.3mbpd.

If imo was producing less than 2% of Nigeria total oil output why did Nigeria oil export nosedive? Why is the government through shell trying to resume oil production in imo state again.

Nigeria should be honest and give us the true statistics of oil production in the country

1 Like

Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by sonature1: 8:31am On Aug 05, 2022
After Peter Obi talked about how he leased Anambra House in Abuja to cut the cost of running the state, I hated it whenever I see states building their houses in Abuja and Lagos.

BTW, I stopped reading when I read that Hope Uzodinma received the Shell MD at Imo State Governor’s Lodge in Abuja. Indeed, Nigeria is a very annoying country.

2 Likes

Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by Advocate500: 8:42am On Aug 05, 2022
So eastern region have oil? After one over feed idiot said eastern region is a dry land.

1 Like

Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by Advocate500: 8:48am On Aug 05, 2022
ExplorerReturns:
Coincidentally opec increased Nigeria quota to 1.83mbpd yesterday. Nigeria is trying to ramp up oil production from it's current range of 1.3mbpd.

If imo was producing less than 2% of Nigeria total oil output why did Nigeria oil export nosedive? Why is the government through shell trying to resume oil production in imo state again.

Nigeria should be honest and give us the true statistics of oil production in the country
this question should be coming from the efulefu governor in imo state,if this were to be in ondo state, expect Akeredolu to make the right statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by Landlord97: 9:07am On Aug 05, 2022
Nigeria has always been scamming IGBOS, how did IMO State,non contribution to the crude oil exploration cause Nigeria oil production to reduce 1.3mpb, from it's initial 1.8mpb yet IMO State is tagged generating only 2percent of the entire oil.
Re: Shell To Resume Crude Oil Exploration In Imo by Landlord97: 9:11am On Aug 05, 2022
Nigeria has always been scamming , how did IMO State,non contribution to the crude oil exploration cause Nigeria oil production to reduce 1.3mpb, from it's initial 1.8mpb yet IMO State is tagged generating only 2percent of the entire oil.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Akeredolu Endorse Peter Obi For President / Video, They Killed My Family , FEMI Said He Can't Be Obedient / Obasanjo Unhappy With Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.