Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,980 members, 7,873,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:54 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1058072 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Engineerito: 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
WilsonBright935:
Hello house,
If you went for your bio on 19th of August (standard). Have you gotten any info?. Cu I haven't
I have gotten decision but not yet moved from DMC to vac
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Wealthyone: 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
EmiKhaleesi:
I have benefitted so much from this thread so I thought to also share my experience smiley.

Got admission offer from University of Dundee on 7 April. I was still hanging around to see if I would get a substantial scholarship from other schools, but did not so I requested for CAS on June 21. They wanted bank statement which I submitted on July 2.

Since then they were so unresponsive, I tried using a school agent to get the CAS but it didn't help because according to him, I had already started the process myself by submitting the bank statement. On July 21, they sent me an email for PreCAS interview, and then sent my CAS on July 26 after I requested a refund of my fees because CAS was taking too long. I already paid 50%.

I only had 5 days left for the validity of my bank statement but I went ahead to apply for my visa on the same July 26.

Biometrics - Aug 3 (V.I)
Transferred to DMC - Aug 3
Paid Mail - Aug 24
Decision Made on Letter - August 22
Collection- September 1

I had booked a flight on Aug 24 on Wakanow for Sep 13, it was Air France. But the customer service assured me transit visa only takes 5 days, so I went to confirm booking. Unfortunately, there was no appointment in Lagos till Sep 15.

So had to go to Abuja for walk-in on Sep 2, Friday. A travel agency on twitter wrote it takes 2-3 working days at the center o.

As at Wednesday, the note on my online application was still showing transferred to the France embassy, I wasn't familiar with the France visa process tracking but I assumed it was already being processed hy the embassy. On Thursday morning , I started getting worried, so I gathered all the emails of the embassy contacts I could find online and emailed by 8am that I needed my visa to travel quickly, I sent this in French sha, thanks to Google translate.

No one responded o, but In less than 1hour I got notifications that my transit visa was being processed and then it was transferred to VFS for collection. VFS sent collection email by 5pm yesterday. Picked up today with stamp on it.

Crazy ride but God was faithful. Avoid any transit routes except you have atleast 2-3 weeks before your travel. See y'all in the Youkay!

Congratulations. Can I send you a DM? Looking at January intake
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Onelovetayz(m): 6:43pm On Sep 18, 2022
Bigboy75:
Hello everyone, has anybody gotten an offer from huddersfield recently? I got an offer on Friday and I was told to login to accept the offer, I didn't create any username and password while applying for the course. My question is how do I get the username and password I'm required to login with? I can't find the info anywhere.
Put “u” in front of your student ID i.e. “u2245678” as username then password as date of birth in this form: 12jun2022 meaning day month year. January becomes Jan.

If you’re not clear check online (google)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by frankob(m): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
Can one person go to TLS and pick up passports for the family or do they need to see the whole family?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please does Lufthansa need a transit visa please I really need an Answer now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by habhidhemhii: 7:36pm On Sep 18, 2022
frankob:
Can one person go to TLS and pick up passports for the family or do they need to see the whole family?
Any adult member of the family can go pick up.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Tymally: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2022
Thank you so much

Ozededes:
If you have not done biometric, there is really nothing to track.

Say after your biometric, you log into gov dot UK, and choose the biometric option, which is usually the third green box, it will redirect you to your TLS page and you will see track, click track and you can know exactly where Ur application is.

Ask Ur agent for you details to log into govdotuk to be able to do this

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:20pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hello

It's not the airline you should be bothered about it is the route you should confirm

What route is your Lufthansa flight?

Cheers
Blessingalozie:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hello
When they confirm its past the decision wait time they will escalate it automatically

Choosing to escalate or not is your decision. If you don't want that,you can refuse sending your details

Cheers
nairaandaed:
I sent a paid mail and got this reply in the attached pic
My bio was on 13th August so its already 25 working days
My dependant got his visa last week Thursday
My question is if i send them this details, does that mean i have escalated? If so,
Is it advisable to escalate at this point?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blessingalozie:

Since Lufthansa will stop in Germany then Yes , you need a transit visa if your visa is only uk visa

If you have any of this visa in addition to your UK visa then you don't need transit

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pwettyolly(f): 8:37pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please who has recently traveled through Cotonou, what is the procedure like, down to the airport officials.
I booked a flight flying through Cotonou, due to the expensive cost of flying from Nigeria, what should I expect, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Chysunshine1: 8:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please chat me up on 08064494740

[q1uote author=geobreezyt post=115949086]Hi Chysunshine,

I am resuming to Ulster, Belfast in Sept.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please will i need transit Visa at Frankfurt/Main
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 9:14pm On Sep 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

It's not the airline you should be bothered about it is the route you should confirm

What route is your Lufthansa flight?

Cheers
it will have a stop at Frankfurt/Main airport so do I need a transit visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nwauwa(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Blessingalozie:
it will have a stop at Frankfurt/Main airport so do I need a transit visa
Yes. All Lufthansa /KLM/AIr France /Iberia flights will require a Schengen transit visa

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IDtravel: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello
When they confirm its past the decision wait time they will escalate it automatically

Choosing to escalate or not is your decision. If you don't want that,you can refuse sending your details

Cheers

The is so true, I did my bio on 20th of August and sent paid mail on 12th of September. It was escalated automatically and I am told to wait for 15 working days. I pray something positive comes this week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 10:50pm On Sep 18, 2022
nwauwa:

Yes. All Lufthansa /KLM/AIr France /Iberia flights will require a Schengen transit visa
. Please which one does not need transit visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blessingalozie: 10:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
nwauwa:

this is what I saw online

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duke2000: 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2022
Obrienanya:
Please my people am new on this platform. I kindly need info on how to book accomodation at the Hall of Residence of the University of Northampton Waterside Campus. Am for the Sept/Oct 2022 class. I will be expecting your urgent responses. God bless

Have already got your Visa? You will need to check the sch portal. Join the sch Facebook handle. You will receive help there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nendagreen: 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please any one going to Lincoln here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duke2000: 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2022
Paid 5k deposit in July. Applied directly on portal but copied NG office. Still waiting for pre CAS. Pls let's keep each other updated

Fredaogb:
I applied through the local office in Nigeria. I understand applicants can apply through the local office or agents. This was early last month though.
*if the portal is open, you can apply directly.

You are correct.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by StarTrek222: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
Hi @frankob what email address did your brp come from? I have received visa, collected passport but no brp letter. Have checked inbox, spam folder, nothing....

frankob:
I Dey tell u. Ours just dropped this morning family of 4 but no collection mail yet hopefully tomorrow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gift7428: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2022
I am
Heard it’s not much hassle but in talks with an immigration officer

pwettyolly:
Hello everyone,
Please who has recently traveled through Cotonou, what is the procedure like, down to the airport officials.
I booked a flight flying through Cotonou, due to the expensive cost of flying from Nigeria, what should I expect, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gift7428: 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2022
When do you intend to travel

Airlines from 9ja to the UK;
Direct flights
Virgin Atlantic - Direct Flight
British Airways - Direct Flight
Connecting flights
Qatar Airways - Via Doha
Turkish Airlines - Via Istanbul
Emirates Airlines - Via Dubai
Kenya Airways - Via Nairobi
Egypt Airlines - Via Cairo
Ethiopian Air - Via Addis Ababa
Air Rwanda - Via Kigali
Royal Air Maroc - Via Casablanca
Other Airlines that requires Transit
Visas
KLM - Via Amsterdam
Air Francs - Via Paris
Lufthansa - Via Frankfurt

It also depends on the route anyway

Blessingalozie:
. Please which one does not need transit visa

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by stfranko2: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please house how long does it take to receive the passport after receiving a favourable decision mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duke2000: 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
Congratulations!
Have they started your CAS process? Am for Jan intake as well. Pls let's keep in touch and help each other

Fredaogb:
I applied to University of Northampton and got 30% off tuition of 15k..My tuition fee is 10,500 pounds.
So you can try them but please note:
* Not all programs are available for January intake so you need to check their website.
* The tuition fee is reduced based on the scholarship I got.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by WilsonBright935: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2022
Engineerito:

I have gotten decision but not yet moved from DMC to vac

Me too. I was told that decision was been made on Tuesday (through paid call though)

Please, kindly mention anytime you notice transfer
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duke2000: 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2022
@dduchess
Pls is it advisable to apply for dependent visas at the same as the main applicant or is it advantageous for main applicant to apply first?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Blenk: 11:54pm On Sep 18, 2022
Please,I seriously need your help on UK Student visa application. Biometric was done on the 25th of July in Abj, I made my first paid mail on the 23rd of September, no decision taken. I escalated it on 24th of September, I was told to wait for 15 working days. Meanwhile, after the escalation I was requested to send my date of birth and email address, which I did. I made another paid mail on the 1st of September and it was still awaiting decision. I have been making paid calls each week till now and yet awaiting decision. I made a paid call on the 16th of September and it was escalated again. Am so worried,this is the 8th week of waiting. Though I have completed online pre-enrolement but my school gave 3rd October as a deadline for joining. What could be responsible for this long and unusual delay? Is there anything else to do? Anyone who has passed through same experience and what was the outcome?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jyde231101: 12:28am On Sep 19, 2022
Good day house, I just got a conditional offer from Sunderland university, I was asked to pay initial deposit of £3500 and submit letter from institution stating I was taught in English language to meet unconditional offer .. Pls does anyone knows if Sunderland university conduct Pre-cas interview? I want to be sure so as to prepare myself very well.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Immality(m): 1:06am On Sep 19, 2022
Jyde231101:
Good day house, I just got a conditional offer from Sunderland university, I was asked to pay initial deposit of £3500 and submit letter from institution stating I was taught in English language to meet unconditional offer .. Pls does anyone knows if Sunderland university conduct Pre-cas interview? I want to be sure so as to prepare myself very well.

No they don’t.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by eyexi: 2:06am On Sep 19, 2022
Home students pay 8,500
International student to pay 16,000
But then they will give scholarship or discount of 3000 and I'm suppose to be happy?

Reminds me of Jumia Black Friday where an item that cost 10,000 naira will be advertised as 20,000 naira 15,000 naira

Scammers

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (1029)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.