Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,886 members, 7,872,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (599) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1057882 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jorez: 7:00am On Dec 13, 2022
My dear no one can place absolute answer to your questions,but you may have seen thousands taking this step, is faith determination and prayers,what may be good for A may not be so for B whether is in Nigeria or UK,but one thing is sure the system works better over there and if you work hard you are likely to succeed more,so make up your mind and take a bold step for your future and leave the rest to God.
Have a great day.
Bokeeto:
Greetings Nairalanders, I would appreciate your candid advice about traveling to UK for my post graduate studies.

I come from a family of 4, all of us are graduates but none is gainfully employed, thanks to Nigeria's bad government system.

We've been struggling to make ends meet for a long time, no notable achievements from we the children.

My mom is late and my dad is a retired civil servant, so recently my elder brother's friend and his wife migrated to the UK.

He told my brother about the process, now my elder brother wants me to be the one to travel to UK so things can change for good in the family.

My people are planning to sell almost all of the landed properties we have, we're looking at 5-6 million naira or more.

I'll be 27 by March next year, I want to know if this is a smart move.

Would this venture worth the risk....

What is life in UK like...

What do I need to have to make it there

What should I expect studying in UK

Which soft skills can fetch me more money

I'm a guitarist here, can I do anything with over there?

Aside from UK, which other countries I can be studying and working part-time to make a living and help my people down here.

Please I would appreciate your contributions, God bless you all.....❤️��✊�

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Seqe: 7:14am On Dec 13, 2022
tgtito:

Let talk Bros

You can message me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihategirls(m): 7:35am On Dec 13, 2022
Ihategirls:
Hey Guys, my sister is currently studying for her masters in the UK and I’m currently applying for my own visa for my masters

We are both being sponsored by our mother

Is it a must I declare my sister in my application? She said no need for me to mention her.
Can someone please respond to my inquiry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by jorez: 7:41am On Dec 13, 2022
If you like you can but is not a must
Ihategirls:
Can someone please respond to my inquiry
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nofij(m): 8:27am On Dec 13, 2022
Good morning everyone. Thank you for all the support here so far.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed in previous posts, but... I just did my biometrics yesterday. Please when and how could I be informed if there'll be an interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by MrniceG: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2022
oladapo1986:
I am going to Keele University

Hi, were you given conditional offer already and which English requirement did you used to get unconditional offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Bokeeto(m): 8:49am On Dec 13, 2022
jorez:
My dear no one can place absolute answer to your questions,but you may have seen thousands taking this step, is faith determination and prayers,what may be good for A may not be so for B whether is in Nigeria or UK,but one thing is sure the system works better over there and if you work hard you are likely to succeed more,so make up your mind and take a bold step for your future and leave the rest to God.
Have a great day.

Thank you very much, I appreciate....!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pancaro(m): 9:16am On Dec 13, 2022
Be checking your mail every 10 mins
nofij:

I'm not sure if this has been addressed in previous posts, but... I just did my biometrics yesterday. Please when and how could I be informed if there'll be an interview?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2022
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

UK Decision Making Centre

@dduchess90

Please, what do I need to do in this Regard?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fitzjerry(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2022
[quote author=gergemam post=119118323]Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Unfortunately, the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we will be unable to decide your application within our customer service targets. We are continuing to work on your application and aim to make a decision as soon as possible.

We will write to you again if there is any change to this. Please do not attend the Visa Application Centre until you have been advised that your application has been decided and that your passport is ready for collection.

Kind Regards,

@dduchess90

I'd advise u do nothing and wait. The mail is empty as they haven't requested any document. I did Bio on Nov 23rd and got this mail too. Sent a paid mail and their response was that I shld wait. I don't even understand what's going on, the MA and child did bio same date, no response to their application till date. Today is the 15th working day. E be like the work choke them so dem dey tell u to calm down in advance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 9:36am On Dec 13, 2022
[quote author=fitzjerry post=119118456][/quote]

Yes, MA hasn't gotten any mail too

We go wait and pray
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by nofij(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2022
pancaro:

Ah thank you!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 2abet(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2022
pancaro:
Any update on collection mail... I see say dem don transfer to VAC ...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2022
ladebass:

Thanks for the reply. Please who has a Template for consent letter (from the other spouse) for a joint account

There are samples on google.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Onelovetayz(m): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2022
danzolla32:
Please , have paid for priority but it's showing on my visa application payment confirmation, service option: (standard)... Is it normal? Or it's supposed to be writing as (priority).how do I know I am on priority? Ease urgent

Never mind! The front desk officers at the TLS will indicate it for you on your document checklist before biometric.

All the best!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 0zi0: 9:53am On Dec 13, 2022
nofij:

is it priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2022
gergemam:
Thank you for applying for a UK visa. Your visa application has been received and is under consideration. We aim to process non settlement applications within 15 working days (unless you have opted for the Priority Visa service), and settlement applications within 120 working days.

Kind Regards,

@dduchess90

There’s nothing more to do than wait patiently. Hopefully your application is decided soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Gloriyah(f): 9:55am On Dec 13, 2022
nofij:

By mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Ihategirls(m): 9:57am On Dec 13, 2022
Please how can I change my TLS from Ikeja to VI ?

Please advise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gergemam: 10:00am On Dec 13, 2022
Gloriyah:

There’s nothing more to do than wait patiently. Hopefully your application is decided soon.

Thank You, @Gloriyah...

We wait...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pancaro(m): 10:20am On Dec 13, 2022
Collection mail go drop soon. My own still dey dmc. I don tire
2abet:

Any update on collection mail... I see say dem don transfer to VAC ...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fuwatayo(m): 10:24am On Dec 13, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Please declare it.

Cheers

Thanks for your response. We are just afraid if declaring it will affect decision or give room for further scrutiny.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2022
Hello

Not necessarily, he is going for study isn't he?

The focus will be on that while acknowledging he has been a Naval Officer, you don't want to wipe away that aspect of his life.

What if he wants to join the Royal Navy in future,can he claim he has experience when he didn't declare it with the HO??

What extra scrutiny are you expecting other than the norm? Please declare it

Cheers
fuwatayo:

Thanks for your response. We are just afraid if declaring it will affect decision or give room for further scrutiny.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2022
Hello

She is immediate family please declare her

Cheers
Ihategirls:
Hey Guys, my sister is currently studying for her masters in the UK and I’m currently applying for my own visa for my masters

We are both being sponsored by our mother

Is it a must I declare my sister in my application? She said no need for me to mention her.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:51am On Dec 13, 2022
Hello

There's nothing you need to do

More time is needed to assess your application

Cheers
timestwo:
Hi gurus in the house.
I completed my biometrics on 2nd December. But got an Empty NSF just now.
Is there something I need to do? Thanks in advance
ABJ TLS
Standard

cc @dduchess90
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 10:56am On Dec 13, 2022
Hello

After paying your fees can you requested for an updated CAS so it matches with what is left in the account which should be only your maintenance funds?

That way things balances out and you only print what is left and you don't need to wait for 28days.

Cheers

mudimooon:

So my POF is my parents account,I used it as POF for school, I am applying for visa now and IHS I am using that my parents account where the POF is coming from to pay for all the fees?? Do I have to wait another 28 days again??
Note: resumption is Jan 16th Teesside University

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 9pholar11234: 10:56am On Dec 13, 2022
Good morning all

As any one who did bio on the 5th dec priority gotten any decision.Tls ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 2abet(m): 10:58am On Dec 13, 2022
9pholar11234:
Good morning all

As any one who did bio on the 5th dec priority gotten any decision.Tls ikeja
Yh, brp mail.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Horluphysiryor(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Urgent response needed plsss
MrniceG:

Hi, were you given conditional offer already and which English requirement did you used to get unconditional offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by 9pholar11234: 11:02am On Dec 13, 2022
My application is stuck here I did priority bio 5th dec no message nothing any advice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (596) (597) (598) (599) (600) (601) (602) ... (1029)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Usa Visit Visa / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.