Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,985 members, 7,973,392 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 03:44 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (660) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1130881 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Elewa1:
I did my bio 25th nov, uploaded only CV without my employment docs (didn't know I had to do this cos of long study gap) so got a scheduled interview which I attended, spoke about all the jobs I have done so far plus my recent job which was not on d CV I uploaded during biometric (someone advised that I use same CV I used during school admission process and my admission was 2021 and I got my new job few months after my school admission) 2 days after interview I got nsf asking for proof of what I have been doing since graduating in 2008 aside uploaded C.V.

So, I uploaded employment/contract letters including that of my current work which I spoke about during interview but was not on the CV I uploaded during bio.

I did 1 paid mail on the 19th, it was escalated, was told to wait 15 working days before contacting them.

On 22nd got another mail saying "application is under consideration and being worked on and would be concluded as soon as possible"

What do you think ? @dduchess90

N.B: deferred admission twice from 2021 to 2023

Sincerely wish I had read the early pages of this thread it would have helped me avoid getting an NSF in the first place.

Still I am hopeful.

Let me chip in some things for those who want to learn.

What UKVI is requesting for is

1. All the Certificates you used to secure your Admission - This place only certificate and nothing more.

2. Evidence of Work - This is optional as it's for those who has study gaps like me. That is people who are out of school for a long time.

UKVI want to know what you have been doing since you finished school.

Now a lots of people upload CV here, but CV is not it. Your CV is not a verifiable evidence that you are working or you have worked in a place, even someone who has not worked can have a CV. So you don't have to upload your CV, infact don't upload it.

What is required here is A reference letter/ experience Letter from your work place. And it should be written in the companies letter head paper.

For someone who has worked in multiple places get as many as possible the reference letters or experience Letter from those companies, you can Google the format of experience Letter.

If you're self employed, get 2 or 3 of your customers who has a registered business to write an experience Letter for you.

There are other things but I will stop here because this is where people get most of their information wrong.

Avoid uploading what you're not asked for so you don't end up contravening yourself.

Even SOP you don't need to upload it to UKVI.

Only upload the ones they asked, if they need any other they will ask for it. People most times upload the one's that are not need and leave the needful one's.

This is a method I used and 2 people who I've helpe,d used the same method and theirs Visa was express, no interview.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by babieangel: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please how do you send/make a paid mail

Thank you

Gracefolds2014:

I just sent a paid mail and i got response immediately that a decision has been made on my application. Its such a relief.

Hoping for the best. Bio 2nd December TLS VI (Dependent).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by famto4luv2004(m): 6:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
HapiNna:

Skyscanner will help you have an overview of which airline is cheaper. I will advice that you goto the airlines website and book directly after you have done your research with skyscanner or similar site.
My trip.com was also helpful for me

Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by CEZEJUST: 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes, you can pay your deposit after getting your conditional offer.

In some cases it is part of the condition others limit the conditions to documents and issue unconditional offer before deposit is paid.

Each Uni have different processes regardless please proceed to pay your deposit once you are certain you have met or will meet the other conditions.

Sometimes getting that deposit back when/if there is an issue can be tough.
Remember to go through the terms and conditions for refunds also

Cheers

rossydot:
Good afternoon my people, please i want ask if it's possible to pay school fees deposit with conditional offer after the school agreed to issue Invoice detailing the amount to pay.

The bolded above is the more reason you should avoid schools that payment is part of their condition to issue you unconditional offer. Except if is the only school.

Or if you have more money to pay another school while you battle for your refund, should you find another school that payment is not part of their condition.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by olufemi26(m): 7:15pm On Dec 29, 2022
I'm also experiencing this.
Dependant still awaiting decision.

Ikeja TLS Standard
I captured on 6th Dec.
Gracefolds2014:
[Same here oo. I did bio with MA on Dec 2nd TLS VI. MA has gotten BRP mail and collected his passport. While me dependent, still at DMC and awaiting decision. God help us. ]

Anyone experiencing the same thing?

I am a dependant

IKEJA TLS STANDARD.
M.A and I did biometric 5th Dec.
M.A made a paid call, decision made 15th Dec.
M.A moved to VAC 19th Dec.
M.A got collection mail 20th Dec.
M.A got BRP mail 20th Dec

While me the dependent
Still at DMC and awaiting decision.

I have made several paid calls, still awaiting decision.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Skengman: 7:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Please for Turkish Air, do I need to show Covid test result?
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 7:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello

For destinations UK and Turkey(Istanbul) you won't need a Covid test

Cheers
Skengman:
Please for Turkish Air, do I need to show Covid test result?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TJunoma: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
After 3 month of submitting my application , few weeks ago, i visited VAC at Ikeja only for my passport to to returned without a UK visa sticker or any stamps.

On the 10th Dec, I wrote to UKVI, only to get this message :

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate a decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

If your visa has been granted, a visa vignette (sticker) will be stuck inside your passport allowing you to travel.

i wrote them back explaining that I already have my passport but without a visa.

They responded that I write to this email (BRPLetterRequests@fcdo.gov.uk ) requesting my BRP decision/ letter.

it has been over 16 days ( 10 working days) and still no news.

I called them again today and was asked to wait due to the holidays. I’m getting FRUSTRATED!!

Do you think it might be a positive or negative outcome?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Elewa1: 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2022
Thanks a lot for your response, would let you know as it goes. Thanks once again.

dduchess90:
Hello

Well, you have already highlighted the issue, you should have updated your CV to include your recent job and forward same to your Uni.

With the NSF you could have used that opportunity to include the up to date CV and a cover letter to clarify things.
If you get any other NSF on this please let us know.

Since you have provided the required documents, the ECO should be satisfied and grant your visa.

Be patient, see how it goes and don't worry too much

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mayowa94: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Naomimary:
Hello guys! It has been a while. I need some insights on an issue. I know this isn’t the thread for it but I already asked on the thread with no response. Also, I feel some people might have gone through my question and can guide.

I’m currently in the UK studying for my MSC. Prior to moving to the UK, I’ve had a few travel experiences in Asia.
My friend (a Nigerian) lives in the USA. He’s got his papers, a good job and wants me to visit during Christmas.
Now, my problem is I’ve heard some discouraging info that I wouldn’t be given the visa.
I know there are a lot of people on here with good insight on the visa process. Please, kindly advice on how to start the process, what are some likely documents I would need (I have some but I’m not sure I’ve got them all), should I bother apply, and what are the do’s and don’ts of the application.

Thanks in advance y’all.
Please did you later use Alat app to generate your statement for POF?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Freddity: 7:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
for flight that requires a transit visa, is it really compulsory if you wont be leaving the airport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:10pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello

Yes, pending on the country/airport you need the transit visa to even get into the airport and find the next boarding gate and to board the next flight

Cheers
Freddity:
for flight that requires a transit visa, is it really compulsory if you wont be leaving the airport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by dduchess90(f): 8:11pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hello

3months is such a long time

Is this for study or visit visa?

Cheers
TJunoma:
After 3 month of submitting my application , few weeks ago, i visited VAC at Ikeja only for my passport to to returned without a UK visa sticker or any stamps.

On the 10th Dec, I wrote to UKVI, only to get this message :

With regards to your enquiry about the status of your application, our records indicate a decision has been made on your application. We cannot discuss the outcome of your application on-line or by telephone.

If your visa has been granted, a visa vignette (sticker) will be stuck inside your passport allowing you to travel.

i wrote them back explaining that I already have my passport but without a visa.

They responded that I write to this email (BRPLetterRequests@fcdo.gov.uk ) requesting my BRP decision/ letter.

it has been over 16 days ( 10 working days) and still no news.

I called them again today and was asked to wait due to the holidays. I’m getting FRUSTRATED!!

Do you think it might be a positive or negative outcome?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by BleedTears: 8:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Naomimary:
Hello guys! It has been a while. I need some insights on an issue. I know this isn’t the thread for it but I already asked on the thread with no response. Also, I feel some people might have gone through my question and can guide.

I’m currently in the UK studying for my MSC. Prior to moving to the UK, I’ve had a few travel experiences in Asia.
My friend (a Nigerian) lives in the USA. He’s got his papers, a good job and wants me to visit during Christmas.
Now, my problem is I’ve heard some discouraging info that I wouldn’t be given the visa.
I know there are a lot of people on here with good insight on the visa process. Please, kindly advice on how to start the process, what are some likely documents I would need (I have some but I’m not sure I’ve got them all), should I bother apply, and what are the do’s and don’ts of the application.

Thanks in advance y’all.

You're already in the UK, I believe the eye's them go use look you is not the same eyes them dey use look people applying from Nigeria.

Apply, what's the worst thing that can happen, Denier so what? Life goes on.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TJunoma: 8:43pm On Dec 29, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

3months is such a long time

Is this for study or visit visa?

Cheers

Went for my interview in September. It’s visit visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Princewado: 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2022
God is faithful, all you have to do is trust him and believe. I'm already in UK spending my first night.

20 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Freddity: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2022
dduchess90:
Hello

Yes, pending on the country/airport you need the transit visa to even get into the airport and find the next boarding gate and to board the next flight

Cheers

now I get, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by IwasNeverGone: 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2022
Princewado:
God is faithful, all you have to do is trust him and believe. I'm already in UK spending my first night.
I am happy for you cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by missade(f): 9:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
So got NSF mail for the kids but no request for additional docs, just that they’re working to make a decision and would notify us if there’s any change.

So should we do a paid mail/call or wait it out? Or what’s the process? Thanks

Bio 8th of Dec. I and MA haven’t got any mail yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 9:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
missade:
So got NSF mail for the kids but no request for additional docs, just that they’re working to make a decision and would notify us if there’s any change.

So should we do a paid mail/call or wait it out? Or what’s the process? Thanks

Bio 8th of Dec. I and MA haven’t got any mail yet.

Since you just got the empty NSF it means they need more time to review your application. So its okay to wait sometime before making any inquiries.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by JaySterling: 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Princewado:
Congratulations bro

Please can you share your experience at the port of entry. What questions were you asked? And Which documents were you asked to tender ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Justpat: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
[quote autor=Princewado post=119531460]God is faithful, all you have to do is trust him and believe. I'm already in UK spending my first night. [/quote]

Everywhere good......Congrats man.

Please tell us wetin Border Force ask you at Port of Entry. Make we hold our side

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by missade(f): 10:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
Justpat:

Since you just got the empty NSF it means they need more time to review your application. So its okay to wait sometime before making any inquiries.

Cheers

Thanks so much. Will wait till next week before any further moves.

Appreciate your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by TesiB: 11:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
Dear all,

Please, who has flown kenya airways to london on one stop connecting flight?

what's the experience like?
Does one need to present a transit visa. covid test or any vacinnation card?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Opsops(f): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2022
Promoter2:
Shout-out to everyone here taking their time to answer questions. @ducchess @gloriyah etc.
Abeg make una appreciate them o.

It's Not easy to take out time to do such all for free.
The place no easy, i never see road.

More than thousands question those people have answered here.
My prayer � is that when you call for one, ten thousand shall answered for you.
You will never go stranded in life.
God bless us all.
Merry Christmas � and prosperous new year ahead everyone.
Best wishes

14 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 3:24am On Dec 30, 2022
Pls house , is it a must I have my accommodation or Airbnb book before leaving Nigeria ? Hope not booking won't cause any issue at the POE ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Jyde231101: 3:35am On Dec 30, 2022
Hello, pls can someone give a helpful information for student visa, My Biometrics was December 7th at Ikeja TLS(standard)
I was Invite for an interview 16th of December and was told to keep checking my email for a decision, I've made 2 paid calls already and I was told decision as been made since 19th of December, ever since then my application status still at DMC and I haven't gotten any email till now .. Please does anyone knows what's could be wrong? The waiting is becoming tiring . I will appreciate any comment on this pls. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by pramil: 6:37am On Dec 30, 2022
Good day house, please can I get a link to oanda rate site...and is it advisable to have the POF of all family of 5 to get CAS.
Thank you .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by princeabisoye: 6:54am On Dec 30, 2022
pramil:
Good day house, please can I get a link to oanda rate site...and is it advisable to have the POF of all family of 5 to get CAS.
Thank you .

https://www.oanda.com/currency-converter/en/?from=NGN&to=USD&amount=12576.43

If you have the POF of all family in the account you can send. If you have yours alone you can still send as well.

But the question you need to answer yourself is what are you or did you declear to the school to get the CAS.

Did you tell them you are coming alone or with family.

If you tell them you are coming alone then you only need your POF in the account
If you tell them you are coming with Family of 5 then you should have all POF in your account or have the fund in both your wife and yours account to atleast to prove you have the fund in both acount.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by danzolla32: 7:14am On Dec 30, 2022
Morning house , is it a must I have my accommodation or Airbnb book before leaving Nigeria ? Hope not booking won't cause any issue at the POE??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by tomiwiyu: 7:20am On Dec 30, 2022
One advise i will give applicants is once you see transferred to VAC and you didn’t use DHL pickup service . pls go and pickup your Visa without waiting for Collection mail . There are lots of Passport waiting for the owner at TLS contact . i met a lady yesterday that her tracking show transferred to VAC , she showed up and are passport is ready .

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by princeabisoye: 7:25am On Dec 30, 2022
danzolla32:
Morning house , is it a must I have my accommodation or Airbnb book before leaving Nigeria ? Hope not booking won't cause any issue at the POE??

Bro having it make good sense to the POE. This shows you have accommodation in the uk.

Having it to show is the best even if you have a plan B.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) ... (1029)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / USA Visit Visa Part 3

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.