Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,679 members, 7,918,159 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 12:53 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 - Travel (925) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 (1095647 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1029) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello

If you are relying on bank statement to proof your relationship it should be joint account not transactions from one to another

Regarding Npower, if should be fine if she presents it as a study gap evidence in addition to CAC If she is still currently self employed.

A CV or cover letter will be handy to explain to the ECO what the additional documents submitted represent

Cheers
heykims:

I mean account statement showing monthly transfer of upkeep money to my wife, the dependant.
She didn't work for NPower, she was a Beneficiary for a year and was deployed to a primary school to teach with a stipend of 30k monthly. She thereafter registered her business name after serving under NPower for a year.
My question is that is a work experience with 30k monthly pay not too small for someone aspiring to study in UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello

If you have enough funds for your study in both then why are you complicating your application

Keep the documents you submit at the CAS stage same with what is submitted at visa application stage

Don't complicate things

Cheers
2Grfehypeman:
i mean, for example can i submit my zenith bank account statement to my school for CAS and then submit my(or my father's) fidelity bank statement during visa Application if i have enough money in the two accounts. @duchess90

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello

The first page of this thread is best to start from

You can then ask questions if you are unsure of anything

Cheers
Atunrayo:
Hello everyone.

I'm trying to apply for my student visa and everything without an agent.

I've tried looking through the thread but I can't seem to find one that tells me everything I need to do.

I'll be very glad if anyone will help list what I need to do or point me to a link online or a thread that shows the proper steps to take.

Thank you all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello

I assume TLS will update any info of strike on their website.

Any update there??

Cheers
kbpresh:
Do public holidays or a strike like the intending NLC strike affect TLS offices?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by headofschool: 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2023
@duchess90 , mimilyrics can you please provide answers to my questions

1. My passport expiry is Oct, my uni raised an issue on not meeting the condition. Is October expiry valid for travel? Can I write to explain to them? or Can I present evidence that I am waiting for collection of new passport?

2. When is it advisable to book TB test, can we book before CAS is issued

3. Must 28days for statement of account start at the beginning of the month, can we start counting when the money is complete
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by bukkytoyin: 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2023
Maybs:
yes
Is anyone using Globus account for visa application?
If yes,
Is your bal showing in closing balance and ledger balance? Please I need response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by grandpoh(m): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2023
Focus99:
Congratulations

When you say rent agreement do you mean house rent receipt?

Whose name was on the receipt? Husband's name only or both partner names?

I have the receipt but I chose to use the agreement instead, it’s written as mr (my name) and Mrs (her name) and we both signed the agreement together too.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by grandpoh(m): 4:55pm On Jun 03, 2023
grandpoh:
Good morning @duchess and all

Please on my vignette, it shows restricted work, no sportsman and no access to public fund.
Is this going to be a problem?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Focus99: 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2023
If I understand this very well you mean the MA will sign the first page and the dependent should sign the third page yea?

Thank you

duchess90:
Hello

You can submit both consent letters
The HO is more generic, your personal consent will be detailed

2. First page is for the applicant (Individually signed), 2nd if you had a child dependant if not then skip,3rd is for financial documents which applies to your case, you should sign that

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Atunrayo: 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2023
duchess90:
Hello

The first page of this thread is best to start from

You can then ask questions if you are unsure of anything

Cheers

Thank you so much. It is well detailed.

I'm grateful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ericadianas(f): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2023
Please I need help here.

Thanks.

ericadianas:
Hi @duchess90, @mimilyrics and everyone helping with outstanding feedbacks.

Please I have a couple of questions.

1. I and my husband have a joint account which we intend to us for POF for both him (MA) and me (DP). Would this also serve as proof of relationship alongside wedding cert and photos? And do we need to write any consent letter?

2. Is study gap evidence compulsory? I see some visa testimonials and I don't see study gap as uploaded documents.

3. If study gap is compulsory, MA finished university in 2016, did NYSC in 2017 and started his masters in the same university in 2017. Unfortunately, masters has not been completed till 2023 because the school is extremely slow and nonchalant. He started working in 2021 till date and can get a reference letter from his company. My question is, should he upload his masters offer letter or just disregard it since he doesn't have a certificate yet and since the course he is planning to study in the UK is totally different?

4. Also, he didn't work between 2017 and 2021 cause of the masters, would it be okay to leave that space blank if he doesnt upload his masters offer letter?

I know my questions are bulky but please help.

Thanks a million!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello

1. I would advise you add more documents to show proof of relationship/marriage. The POF already serves one purpose. Bills paid together, investment, hospital letters etc can suffice and should be verifiable

2.Study gap of more than 5years will need an evidence.Perharps the testimonials you have seen were for study gaps that are less than 5years

3.Upload the ref letter only since he didn't complete his master's

4.Yes

Cheers
ericadianas:
Hi @duchess90, @mimilyrics and everyone helping with outstanding feedbacks.

Please I have a couple of questions.

1. I and my husband have a joint account which we intend to us for POF for both him (MA) and me (DP). Would this also serve as proof of relationship alongside wedding cert and photos? And do we need to write any consent letter?

2. Is study gap evidence compulsory? I see some visa testimonials and I don't see study gap as uploaded documents.

3. If study gap is compulsory, MA finished university in 2016, did NYSC in 2017 and started his masters in the same university in 2017. Unfortunately, masters has not been completed till 2023 because the school is extremely slow and nonchalant. He started working in 2021 till date and can get a reference letter from his company. My question is, should he upload his masters offer letter or just disregard it since he doesn't have a certificate yet and since the course he is planning to study in the UK is totally different?

4. Also, he didn't work between 2017 and 2021 cause of the masters, would it be okay to leave that space blank if he doesnt upload his masters offer letter?

I know my questions are bulky but please help.

Thanks a million!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello

MA and dependant will each sign page 1 individually

2. If a joint bank statement is used, then both MA and dependant will sign.

Cheers
Focus99:
If I understand this very well you mean the MA will sign the first page and the dependent should sign the third page yea?

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gthots: 6:32pm On Jun 03, 2023
Select ' student' ; The Tier 4 visa has since been replaced by the Student Visa route.
wheesin:
Hello everyone, I’m trying to calculate my IHS fee for a one year masters course. I’m going with one dependent. I choose pbs tier 4 student visa route but nothing comes up for visa type. Please I need assistance. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by ericadianas(f): 7:01pm On Jun 03, 2023
Thank you so much for the clarity.

Well understood.

duchess90:
Hello

1. I would advise you add more documents to show proof of relationship/marriage. The POF already serves one purpose. Bills paid together, investment, hospital letters etc can suffice and should be verifiable

2.Study gap of more than 5years will need an evidence.Perharps the testimonials you have seen were for study gaps that are less than 5years

3.Upload the ref letter only since he didn't complete his master's

4.Yes

Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teettyllayho: 7:26pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hello house,

I'm in a fix. I want to apply for Form A but my husband is the sponsor while I'm the main applicant. Whose tax clearance will I provide? Mine or hubby?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fascogold(m): 8:21pm On Jun 03, 2023
Wakando:
Guys Good evening. I recently had an interview with a representative from Dundee University. She informed me that I failed the interview and that I should schedule another one. If i didn't pass next one will that affect my chances of receiving a cas from another institution?
…please..what are the questions they asked..please..I am having my interview next week

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by fascogold(m): 8:23pm On Jun 03, 2023
fascogold:
…please..what are the questions they asked..please..I am having my interview next week
@wakando…please..I will be happy if you reply me

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by gthots: 8:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
This is what First bank sent:

TCC must cover a three-year period preceding the year of the FX application.
The Tax Identification Number (TIN) must be visible and legible.
The name on the TCC must match the applicant’s name on the CBN Portal.
The TCC would be verified by the Bank through the Local Tax Authority.

Teettyllayho:
Hello house,

I'm in a fix. I want to apply for Form A but my husband is the sponsor while I'm the main applicant. Whose tax clearance will I provide? Mine or hubby?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Saintmaker01(m): 10:34pm On Jun 03, 2023
Hi @duchess90, @mimilyrics and everyone.
Please, I want to start processing for my wife and twin girls dependent visa, I am already in Uk from Dec 2022, I want to know how much I will have as POF for them and also, I still have outstanding £5200 to pay for my school fees which I have already initiated form A on it.
Do I still need to include the £5200 in the POF account?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by kronos1: 10:44pm On Jun 03, 2023
aristogabby:

They changed their portal for UK booking to a new one. I did succeed in booking on the new portal. But no idea on how to pay. I’ll just transfer to the account on UKVI website. Thank you!

Hi, currently facing the same issue, how did you go about it, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Nadheer15: 12:25am On Jun 04, 2023
With BAT trying to remove the multiple exchange rates, would this not affect students who plan to work and pay their fees when they get here? Or can someone explain how it doesn't?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by phlakkeys(f): 2:01am On Jun 04, 2023
okorogbo:

Please get intouch bro
Good morning,
I read about your enquiry on getting NOUN transcript.
Please were you able to get it? How did you go about it? I need a personal copy and NOUN can only send to Organization or schools.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Teettyllayho: 2:13am On Jun 04, 2023
gthots:
This is what First bank sent:

TCC must cover a three-year period preceding the year of the FX application.
The Tax Identification Number (TIN) must be visible and legible.
The name on the TCC must match the applicant’s name on the CBN Portal.
The TCC would be verified by the Bank through the Local Tax Authority.

Okay. Thanks you for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by duchess90(f): 3:35am On Jun 04, 2023
Hello

The POF for dependants of students outside London is £680. In your case it is £680*3*9= £18,360

With your outstanding £5200 it should be in your account and if it gets debited by the time of your application be prepared to show the evidence.

Focus on what you need for your dependants only. You can then submit additional evidence if the ECO requests to see that you haven't recycled funds through NSF.

The evidence you should submit if the ECO asks will be invoices of rent/bills/ fees /groceries etc paid since your arrival and any balance in your bank statement

Note that they may request to see the bank statement from when you applied till date

Keep it simple and focus on your dependants

Cheers

Saintmaker01:
Hi @duchess90, @mimilyrics and everyone.
Please, I want to start processing for my wife and twin girls dependent visa, I am already in Uk from Dec 2022, I want to know how much I will have as POF for them and also, I still have outstanding £5200 to pay for my school fees which I have already initiated form A on it.
Do I still need to include the £5200 in the POF account?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Anfieldboss: 6:04am On Jun 04, 2023
Hello guys,

Please I need your honest views on my proposed plan.

I am thinking of going to the UK for a self-funded PhD next year. I invested a lot in pursuing a PhD in the US this year, but unfortunately, it didn't work out. I am still trying to get myself out of that disappointment because I am fed up with my job and the country as a whole.

The thing is I am not financially robust to fund a PhD in the UK, but I am considering my options. I know many Nigerian students that are in similar financial positions as myself or even worse but have managed to self-fund themselves in the UK.

I am married with a daughter and I plan on going with my family. My wife is a teacher with Montessori and British curriculum experience. Many of her colleagues that travel abroad find it easy to get teaching jobs because of their experience. My questions are

1. Will I be able to raise my tuition fees by working part-time as a PhD student? What kind of jobs can I do as a part-time PhD student?

2. I have had a discussion with my wife and she has agreed to bear more of the financial responsibilities in the family during my period of study. How lucrative are teaching jobs in the UK and will she be able to meet up? I'll try to support when I have sorted out my tuition.

3. How much would we need as a family to move? Please I will appreciate a breakdown of the cost. I am targeting low-tuition universities for my PhD (Teeside, GCU, Salford, and Coventry).

Please I will appreciate advice from the experienced ones here.

DMainMan, I would appreciate your input sir.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by DMainMan: 7:57am On Jun 04, 2023
Anfieldboss:
Hello guys,

Please I need your honest views on my proposed plan.

I am thinking of going to the UK for a self-funded PhD next year. I invested a lot in pursuing a PhD in the US this year, but unfortunately, it didn't work out. I am still trying to get myself out of that disappointment because I am fed up with my job and the country as a whole.

The thing is I am not financially robust to fund a PhD in the UK, but I am considering my options. I know many Nigerian students that are in similar financial positions as myself or even worse but have managed to self-fund themselves in the UK.

I am married with a daughter and I plan on going with my family. My wife is a teacher with Montessori and British curriculum experience. Many of her colleagues that travel abroad find it easy to get teaching jobs because of their experience. My questions are

1. Will I be able to raise my tuition fees by working part-time as a PhD student? What kind of jobs can I do as a part-time PhD student?

2. I have had a discussion with my wife and she has agreed to bear more of the financial responsibilities in the family during my period of study. How lucrative are teaching jobs in the UK and will she be able to meet up? I'll try to support when I have sorted out my tuition.

3. How much would we need as a family to move? Please I will appreciate a breakdown of the cost. I am targeting low-tuition universities for my PhD (Teeside, GCU, Salford, and Coventry).

Please I will appreciate advice from the experienced ones here.

DMainMan, I would appreciate your input sir.

1. The cost of pursuing a PhD in the UK is extremely high. Unlike in the USA and Canada, UK universities do not typically offer scholarships to international students. As a result, you would have to spend over £50,000 for your tuition fees. You will still need to consider accommodation and living expenses.
It is not advisable to pursue a PhD without a scholarship, as over 90% of PhD students in the UK are funded through scholarships.

2. A more realistic option for you is for your wife to pursue a Master's degree. I recommend encouraging her to apply for a Master's program now, which would allow you to work full-time as her dependent. It is advisable to aim for admission in September, as it is likely that dependent visas will no longer be available starting from January 2024.

3. The exact fees vary depending on factors such as the university tuition, location, and whether it is in London or outside. To get accurate information, you will need to conduct thorough research.

I strongly advise against pursuing a PhD unless you secure a full scholarship. Instead, suggest to your wife to consider pursuing a Master's in Education (MEd) or a Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) with Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) incorporated into the program. Teaching is in high demand in the UK, which is why certified teachers from Nigeria are currently sought after.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-qualified-teacher-status-qts-if-you-teach-outside-the-uk/routes-to-qualified-teacher-status-qts-for-teachers-and-those-with-teaching-experience-outside-the-uk

https://apply-for-qts-in-england.education.gov.uk/eligibility/start

Best of luck.

6 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by mylikes: 8:00am On Jun 04, 2023
phlakkeys:

Good morning,
I read about your enquiry on getting NOUN transcript.
Please were you able to get it? How did you go about it? I need a personal copy and NOUN can only send to Organization or schools.

NOUN doesn't give personal copies. They also only send to other schools in my experience. I got mine through some runs, in fact, it's still carrying some disclaimer that "it should not be given to the student."
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by victorVIC1(m): 8:10am On Jun 04, 2023
StandardBuilder:
Greetings All,

I was given unconditional offer at University of Bolton.
The payment plans are :
Initial Deposit: £3000
At Enrolment: £6250
Start of Semester 2: £4300.
With the delay in FORM A, I intend to pay the deposit with black market rate, then put in for FORM A this month for the second payment at enrolment, hoping the payment will have been made by ending September.
Is this a good move ?, considering the fact that visa is not always certain.

Quite strategic. So one has to deposit at least 9250 pounds before enrollment in Bolton?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OJOAYODEJI(m): 11:06am On Jun 04, 2023
Good day House,

Plz has anyone gotten this type of mail before from UKVI in Lagos, Nigeria.
The applicant actually applied for Upload at the Center but on getting there, they didn't upload all the documents and they requested for it later via mail which the applicant later sent to them and few days later, he got this mail.
Plz what does it mean, experienced GURUS in the house.

Thanks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by Glodmovick(m): 11:08am On Jun 04, 2023
Saintmaker01:
Good afternoon all,

Please I have done my biometrics on Wednesday, and I just got email that I will need to send supporting documents to show for for the study gap from 2014 to now what I have been doing.
I have reference letter from the last company that I work before starting my own company.

Please, will the reference letter, my company's CAC and NYSC certificate cover for the work gap?

I don't have employment letter from any of the companies.

Hello there.. what documents did you later provided to get through this pls your response will be highly appreciated as I am also In this spot at the moment

Elders in the house all your contributions are also welcome thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 by OJOAYODEJI(m): 11:14am On Jun 04, 2023
I also had same issue and you can check my post and see there response after uploading all d documents requested.

I uploaded all my previous Employment letter, Reference letter of my present place of work, my payslip, my certificates(marriage and school) , also family pictures just as to show evidence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (922) (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) ... (1029)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4

Viewing this topic: Aliciacole and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.