Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,617 members, 7,917,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 07:45 PM

Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg (2187 Views)

Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Message Charge / Check Your Vin Foc(free Of Charge) / This Is Getting Outrageous; Enough Is Enough! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by Myklyn98(m): 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2011
I walked in to renew my vehicle license today and was shocked by a N200.00 SMS fee being charged by Lagos State Vehicle Licensing Autoreg. This is not only outrageous but shylock as everyone knows that service providers charge between N9-10 for SMS and one can even buy bulk SMS for N3-5.00. I have done a complaint to Consumer Protection Council on this and would want all who truly value our naira to join me in this crusade against extorting Nigerians. Even a charge of N30 would cover any logistics or costs by LASG Autoreg and still make profit. What do you think? Please write and complain to cpc.gov.ng to redress this issue.
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by eggy(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2011
i was equally miffed wen i was told the same tin.
my question thus is, shldnt the sms reminder b subject to 1s choice?
why shld i b compelled 2 part wit 200naira 4 a sms reminder
200mutiplied by all d cars under auto reg in lagos state, some shld pls tell me where d millions of naira wld end up!!
mschewwwwwww
enof of this nonsense
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by gulfer: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2011
Well said guys. my own issue with them is that the website is trash and after registering i beliebve one should be able to check the status online but this appears not to be.
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by femmy2010(m): 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2011
eggy:

i was equally miffed wen i was told the same tin.
my question thus is, shldnt the sms reminder b subject to 1s choice?
why shld i b compelled 2 part wit 200naira 4 a sms reminder
200mutiplied by all d cars under auto reg in lagos state, some shld pls tell me where d millions of naira wld end up!!
mschewwwwwww
enof of this nonsense

I very much agree with you that it should be subject to choice and not the forced situation presently been operated.
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by Myklyn98(m): 10:27am On Aug 04, 2011
I agree with you all. Why force pple to receive what they dont want. Its all about profiteering.
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by Nautillus(m): 11:18am On Aug 04, 2011
hmmmmmmmmmmm

But you guys pay this same thing oh, when you go for your visas at the VAC centers without compliants oh,

ehnnn, @femmy2010 and co,
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by lurvy: 11:30am On Aug 04, 2011
Myklyn98:

I walked in to renew my vehicle license today and was shocked by a N200.00 SMS fee being charged by Lagos State Vehicle Licensing Autoreg. This is not only outrageous but shylock as everyone knows that service providers charge between N9-10 for SMS and one can even buy bulk SMS for N3-5.00. I have done a complaint to Consumer Protection Council on this and would want all who truly value our naira to join me in this crusade against extorting Nigerians. Even a charge of N30 would cover any logistics or costs by LASG Autoreg and still make profit. What do you think? Please write and complain to cpc.gov.ng to redress this issue.

@ Poster, that was very good of you! I just dont know why some Nigerian agencies are so fraudulent in nature!
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by Myklyn98(m): 12:10pm On Aug 04, 2011
@Nautilus
Does it make it right? Does it justify profiteering? We all know the cost of SMS message in Nigeria. Does the cost of sending two messages(reminder that your Vehicle License is about to expire) equal the sum of N200. Who needs such reminders anyway, when the vehicle license advert/billboard is placed on my windscreen throughout the year?It is high time we begin the crusade to fight against unjust actions in our society. Its either you agree, belong or continue to be the guinea pig. For me I choose to be among those that would be heard to have spoken against this level of profiteering.
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by Pageup1(m): 12:30pm On Aug 04, 2011
This is another system of 419. That  is why i dislike our Banks. must our bankers use our money to ride flashy cars? angry angry angry
The banks are cash stripped and they want to raise billions within one month. . .200 xbillions people. sad sad sad
Is it by force to recieve sms angry sad
It should be by choice like banking alert.
Re: Outrageous And Exhorbitant Sms Charge By Autoreg by Myklyn98(m): 1:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
See me see wahala O

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Registered 2005 Honda Accord Full Options V6...price: N800k / Registered 2005 Honda Accord Full Options V6...price: N850k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.