Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:29 AM

The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel (2799 Views)

Gov. Fashola Unveils The Tallest Hotel In West Africa In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched / World Tallest Hotel Set To Be Opened In Dubai (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2011
Everyone has been oohing and aahing over the newest tallest hotel in the world--The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong--which is without a doubt a seriously awesome property.

It offers a bird's eye view of one of the most spectacular skylines in the world.And should the visitor get bored of staring at Hong Kong's glittering towers from the 1,600ft eyrie of their hotel room window, there are always other distractions.

Not only is there an infinity pool on the 118th floor but there's also three restaurants on the 102nd floor, a full-on CHOCOLATE LIBRARY on the 103rd floor, a Ritz-Carlton Spa by ESPA on the 116th floor and a 10,000-sq.ft. ballroom that is dripping in diamond chandeliers.

Each of the 312 guestrooms in the hotel have jaw-dropping skyline views of Hong Kong, Nespresso coffee makers and 42-inch flat-screen TVs with Blu-Ray players.

But best of all staying high in the sky will get you free WiFi!.

Rates at the hotel start around $580 a night.

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:44pm On Aug 03, 2011

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2011

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2011

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:46pm On Aug 03, 2011

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2011

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 5:48pm On Aug 03, 2011

Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by justwise(m): 6:14pm On Aug 03, 2011
@Davedavy

What a lovely pictures u got there, Hong Kong is such a charming city to visit.

I was taken to one Restaurants called Revolving 66, (cos the building got 66 floors) the whole place rotates 360 degrees while u are eating and u hardly noticed it, it allows one to see the whole of Hong Kong island. Its amazing.
Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2011
Very swish!

On a sober note though, there's a bit of controversy with regards to a bridge that collapsed a month or so ago, apparently under the weight of a big rig, which was overweight (so they say). This bridge was completed in 1987, so not that old. Some sources say the bridge wasn't reinforced enough for the length, and didn't have enough cement.

I would worry about a Chinese-built hotel that high. If there are any weaknesses from cutting corners. . .
Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by justwise(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2011
Siena:

Very swish!

On a sober note though, there's a bit of controversy with regards to a bridge that collapsed a month or so ago, apparently under the weight of a big rig, which was overweight (so they say). This bridge was completed in 1987, so not that old. Some sources say the bridge wasn't reinforced enough for the length, and didn't have enough cement.

I would worry about a Chinese-built hotel that high. If there are any weaknesses from cutting corners. . .

I share that view, because Hong Kong is an island, almost all the buildings there are tall. . i mean very very tall, some with under-grounds. They make use of every little space available even on the hills.
Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by Davedavy: 9:02pm On Aug 03, 2011
justwise:

@Davedavy

What a lovely pictures u got there, Hong Kong is such a charming city to visit.

I was taken to one Restaurants called Revolving 66, (cos the building got 66 floors) the whole place rotates 360 degrees while u are eating and u hardly noticed it, it allows one to see the whole of Hong Kong island. Its amazing.

You are so right.
Re: The Ritz-carlton Hong Kong: The World's Tallest Hotel by tck2000(m): 8:30pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (Reply)

Attack Currently Going On In South Africa, Nigerians Beware!!! / What Will It Cost Me To Relocate My Family To USA / Best African Country With Low Cost Of Living

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.