Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,359 members, 7,920,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 03:28 AM

New Scammers Tricks - Beware And Open Your Eyes Wide. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / New Scammers Tricks - Beware And Open Your Eyes Wide. (908 Views)

"Nigerians Are Not All Scammers And Fraudsters" Swiss Woman Reveals (VIDEO) / The New Scammers Tricks...beware!!! / The New Scammers Tricks...beware!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Scammers Tricks - Beware And Open Your Eyes Wide. by badesco(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2011
The rate at which scammers are devising various method to defraud some unsuspecting innocent people is on the increase. the new trick is this, they will place an ad in forums, especially on Nairaland, that they have a cheap product I;e; Laptops, phones etc.or they will respond to your ad.

They will call you to ask of your location, for instance, if you say you are in Lagos, he would tell that he is in Abuja or Kaduna,the next thing, he will request for your email address, and thereafter they will send some bogus info with pictures to your mail with a ridiculously low price, i.e. a brand new laptop with the highest configuration for mere N20k. is that possible ? NO NO.

He will again call to confirm if you have read the info and he will tell you to pay some money to his account no, and that he will sent the goods by EMS or UPS, he will even tell you that it will only cost N750 or so to send the goods. PLEASE DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRICK. and if you go ahead to pay this money, then you have indeed a scam victim. To confirm it, call the Gsm No, it would have been switched off parmanently.

THE ONLY WAY TO AVOID BEEN SCAMMED ARE

1. Demand for his office address.
2. Insist on visiting their office.
3. How many of such item do they have in stock.
4, Ask for his full Names.

By the time you ask for all these, the guy will cut off the phone on you. meaning you have detected his antics.

N>B.
The Gsm Numbers they always used is 0703,

So BEWARE before you become a Victim of these useless Scammers.
Re: New Scammers Tricks - Beware And Open Your Eyes Wide. by vincent10(m): 11:09am On Aug 04, 2011
thanks. I let my people know.
Re: New Scammers Tricks - Beware And Open Your Eyes Wide. by dominique(f): 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2011
Long and short of the story, if anything seems too good to be true, it usually is.

(1) (Reply)

Guide To The Best Recommended Websites On Car,healths: / Seun's Aso Ebi Is Out For His Forthcoming Marriage. / "Costly Success!!! Pyrrhic Victory"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.