Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,932 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:09 AM

How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike (5541 Views)

Five Tips For Riding A Motorcycle In The Rain / President Buhari Riding In His Official Mercedes Benz S550 (Video) / Man Carrying A Lady At The Front Of A Bike. Photo Goes Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:47am On Aug 11, 2022
I've always had problems with riding a bike, back when I was in the university, I tried to learn how to ride but I fell a few times so I decided that maybe it's just not for me.
Years later, I feel I'm a lot more mature and experienced in handling automobiles now so maybe I'll give it another try. So I recently contact Gazzuzz and asked him to get me a powerbike. Don't say it. I know you all want to say that why start with a powerbike grin but I have always wanted to own a powerbike, infact, it's right there at the top of my list of things I want to achieve before leaving this world.
Gazzuzz was kind enough to deliver the bike to me the next day and that's how my journey to learning how to ride a bike began again.
My thought was if I have my own bike, learning won't be difficult but ladies and gentlemen, it's been 3 weeks since I got this powerbike, I still don't know how to ride. Except for field circling, I can't even get on the road.
I don't know if it's fear of falling or the fear of crashing into a vehicle or the fear of the silencer (exhaust) burning my skin if the bike falls on my leg.
I just can't get myself to do it. At this point, I'm thinking maybe I may never know how to ride a bike in this life.
Meanwhile, I can drive a manual car from here to Ghana! Infact, my first two cars earlier in life were manuals and I have automatic cars now too so drive a car is not an issue for me.
Guys, what do I need to do, I want to be able to pick up this powerbike, kit up like Gazzuzz and ride it interstate!

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by robinso01(m): 6:37am On Aug 11, 2022
It all depends on you. You need to give yourself confidence and stop thinking about falling done or the fear of crashing, the more you think about falling or crashing, the more you will be afraid to ride it. You just have to Brace up. Superbike has been my dream also.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by spinna: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2022
Stop seeing yourself fall in your mind, see yourself riding safely and arriving safely. I

Learn learn learn.. learn friction zones, target fixation, positioning and every other thing about safety on 2 wheels. Check msgroup.org or use Google

Wear proper gear.. good helmet and boots minimum. Be wary of junctions and intersections .. most bike accidents happen there.

Be wary of vehicles behind . In fact be wary of everything esp the road ahead . Look where u want to go not at the threat or obstacle

When your fear goes develop it back don't get reckless, always ask yourself what if this goes wrong, don't feel like king of the road

Above all say this prayer every day Lord as i go ou now bring me back safely in Jesus name, i cover the road and myself and my bike with the blooood of Jesus!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2022
@ Shagati @ egunmogaji2

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by EgunMogaji2: 8:03am On Aug 11, 2022
#TeamCBR for the win cheesy

That’s a very crisp bike.

OP, you say you can do field circling, if so you’re well on your way.

Practice makes perfect. Ride more. Maybe find a less busy tarred road and put in some miles.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:20am On Aug 11, 2022
@ nurey
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by stanfy(m): 8:48am On Aug 11, 2022
You dey call Nurey?
Na powerbike them dey talk o no be Okada for forest things

13 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by Onyeka90210(m): 9:04am On Aug 11, 2022
stanfy:
You dey call Nurey?
Stop it grin
All bike na bike

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by 9icetoo(m): 9:13am On Aug 11, 2022
stanfy:
You dey call Nurey?
AH! This early morning?
Wait make I collect change.

OP, no smoke anything wey @nurey go give you oo.

Meanwhile, since you are already doing circles round a field, try introducing obstacles so you master braking and maneuvers.

Never get too comfortable.

At this stage, do not, I repeat, do not ride to impress anyone.

Ride to stay alive for now.

Keep the speed low.

Reject that okada spirit. Yes, that one telling to sandwich yourself in-between two vehicles or in between a vehicle and another hard surface.

Reject that okada spirit that will tell you that you can make it through a small gap just in time.

Na Igbobi e go carry you go oo.

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by Kingdemu: 9:17am On Aug 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
@ nurey
You want Nurey to come with his tales of how he once owned the Harley Davidson Cosmic Starship in Kano or how he used the MTT Turbine Streetfighter of his inlaw for 6mnts in Delta. Whereas he was just lucky to have been sent on an errand with one old school Suzuki Jincheng okada once in his lifetime. cheesy

8 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by Originakalokalo(m): 9:18am On Aug 11, 2022
..Ride a bike.
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by buygala(m): 9:40am On Aug 11, 2022
Another bored soul looking for wetin go kill am grin

While op is learning, he should watch that video of how DJ Arafat killed himself when he crashed his bike cool

A responsible man with a family to care for and a desire to live long and well for them shouldn't be seen throwing this kind of dice with his life.... Especially if he is in Nigeria where Bikers are not regarded as part of vehicular traffic, but a nuisance that can be swatted under the nearest trailer.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by homeboy205: 9:48am On Aug 11, 2022
I pray for peace sha

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by nurey(m): 10:15am On Aug 11, 2022
GAZZUZZ:
@ nurey

grin I never drive bike wey pass 125cc, and our inhouse stalkers know jincheng is my love
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by nurey(m): 10:17am On Aug 11, 2022
Kelvin30286063:
I've always had problems with riding a bike, back when I was in the university, I tried to learn how to ride but I fell a few times so I decided that maybe it's just not for me.
Years later, I feel I'm a lot

Normal to fall while learning to ride, just kit up, stay focused and ride at low speeds with time you did become a pro
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by lanrexdo(m): 10:21am On Aug 11, 2022
Welcome to the gang!

Riding is quite an easy thing to do but you just have set your mind on it.

This is the first bike to drive then I guess you will little issues adjusting.

Pack this baby one side and first find one small scooter to play with.

Once you master that one it becomes easy to enjoy this baby

Put crash protector abeg

Farings are expensive once the bike hit side.

Kelvin30286063:
Years later, I feel I'm a lot more mature and experienced in handling automobiles now so maybe I'll give it another try. So I recently contact Gazzuzz and asked him to get me a powerbike. Don't say it. I know you all want to say that why start with a powerbike grin but I have always wanted to own a powerbike, infact, it's right there at the top of my list of things I want to achieve before leaving this world.
Gazzuzz was kind enough to deliver the bike to me the next day and that's how my journey to learning how to ride a bike began again.
My thought was if I have my own bike, learning won't be difficult but ladies and gentlemen, it's been 3 weeks since I got this powerbike, I still don't know how to ride. Except for field circling, I can't even get on the road.
I don't know if it's fear of falling or the fear of crashing into a vehicle or the fear of the silencer burning my skin if the bike falls on my leg.
I just can't get myself to do it. At this point, I'm thinking maybe I may never know how to ride a bike in this life.
Meanwhile, I can drive a manual car from here to Ghana! Infact, my first two cars earlier in life were manuals and I have automatic cars now too so drive a car is not an issue for me.
Guys, what do I need to do, I want to be able to pick up this powerbike, kit up like Gazzuzz and ride it interstate!
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by doggedfighter(f): 3:25pm On Aug 11, 2022
Kingdemu:
You want Nurey to come with his tales of how he once owned the Harley Davidson Cosmic Starship in Kano or how he used the MTT Turbine Streetfighter of his inlaw for 6mnts in Delta. Whereas he was just lucky to have been sent on an errand with one old school Suzuki Jincheng okada once in his lifetime. cheesy

Hahahahahaha.

This is wickedness l

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2022
lanrexdo:
Welcome to the gang!

Riding is quite an easy thing to do but you just have set your mind on it.

This is the first bike to drive then I guess you will little issues adjusting.

Pack this baby one side and first find one small scooter to play with.

Once you master that one it becomes easy to enjoy this baby

Put crash protector abeg

Farings are expensive once the bike hit side.

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by lanrexdo(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2022
Either the spelling is correct or not. The message is important

Sefini

GAZZUZZ:

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by cmoney22222: 8:06pm On Aug 11, 2022
Gazuz how much be this bike. I dream of owning one someday. What’s the budget pls
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
lanrexdo:
Either the spelling is correct or not. The message is important

Sefini

Buhari represents the economy. Has nothing to do with spelling.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by kingreign(m): 9:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
stanfy:
You dey call Nurey?

Vawulence officer 1 spotted
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by kingreign(m): 9:16pm On Aug 11, 2022
buygala:
Another bored soul looking for wetin go kill am grin

While op is learning, he should watch that video of how DJ Arafat killed himself when he crashed his bike cool

A responsible man with a family to care for and a desire to live long and well for them shouldn't be seen throwing this kind of dice with his life.... Especially if he is in Nigeria where Bikers are not regarded as part of vehicular traffic, but a nuisance that can be swatted under the nearest trailer.

Vawulence officer 2 pro max Spotted

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by lanrexdo(m): 11:11pm On Aug 11, 2022
Yes oo. The bike needs crash guards

GAZZUZZ:

Buhari represents the economy. Has nothing to do with spelling.
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by Antihelminth: 11:25pm On Aug 11, 2022
I don't understand why that guy is on every post always sounding condescending or discouraging people on what they're doing .I just don't understand the joy he drives from doing that
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by olumzzz(m): 3:14am On Aug 12, 2022
Antihelminth:
I don't understand why that guy is on every post always sounding condescending or discouraging people on what they're doing .I just don't understand the joy he drives from doing that
Talk the guy name with your full chest

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by nymphomaniac(m): 6:16am On Aug 12, 2022
olumzzz:

Talk the guy name with your full chest
you love vawulence tooo much comrade
Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:04am On Aug 12, 2022
nymphomaniac:
you love vawulence tooo much comrade

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by homeboy205: 10:43am On Aug 12, 2022
I pray for peace

1 Like

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:53am On Aug 12, 2022
homeboy205:
I pray for peace

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Overcome The Fear Of Riding A Bike by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:45pm On Aug 12, 2022
Just sounds like you have a death wish, tbh.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Thread For Honda Owners / What Is So Special About Mercedes-benz? / Jesus Please Take The Wheel! Fashola Should See This (men Of Kai)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.