Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,957 members, 7,873,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:28 AM

9 Factors To Consider When Choosing The Feed Type And Drugs To Use For Your Bird - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 9 Factors To Consider When Choosing The Feed Type And Drugs To Use For Your Bird (265 Views)

The Feed That Increases Egg Production In Nigerian Breed Chickens / Interested In Raising Your Bird With The Help Of Herb Get In Here / A Bird In My Farm With Just One Wing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

9 Factors To Consider When Choosing The Feed Type And Drugs To Use For Your Bird by samae(m): 7:15pm On Aug 11, 2022
9 Factors To Consider When Choosing the Feed type and drugs to use for your birds.

1)Economic Factors: Is the feed more or less expensive & and is the energy and protein content of the feed equal to the requirements for the fast growth of my birds?

2)Logistics: Will there be a reliable supply of the feed in my area or I will have to travel far to get it when the feed finishes at farm?

3) Knowledge: Is there enough knowledge on how to use the drugs you buy from the vet or from the vet shop attendants?.

4)Will there be an equal quality replacement just incase this feed or drug finishes and it's not available for me to buy? Will I get another suitable replacement for it
5).Can I buy the feeds and drugs in large quantities for my birds to use for along time? How much does the quality of the feeds and drugs decreases with time?

6)Testimony From Other Farmers Who Have Used Them Before?
What are the reviews about the drugs and feeds you are about to buy from those that have used them before? If the reviews are bad don't go for it and if it's good you can then go it..

7)Be sure the manufacturer of the feeds produce feeds for birds of different weeks and for different type of birds.
You know we have different types of feeds, which are starter feed, grower feeds, finisher feed and layer mash feeds.
You feed starter to birds of 0-4weeks old.
You feed finisher feed to birds that are 4weeks old and above.
Grower feed are for noilers Cockerels,Turkey and also for layers that are between 8-16weeks old. I don't advice farmers to use Grower feed for broilers because it's not economical wise to do so.

Be sure the manufacturer produces all of this before you go for it.
coolThe type of feed you use should contain anticoccidals and antibiotics in little quantity.

9) Use Pelletized Feeds To Minimize Food Wastage By The Birds.
Also Don’t forget that what you give your birds to eat, its what you will get out. Avoid feeds from dropping on the floor while serving them because any drop wasted will affect the daily ration requirements of your birds.

I post poultry farming write up everyday on my Facebook group to make it stress free and for you to have a successful poultry farming business, DO NOT MISS ANYTHING Join my poultry farming Facebook group by clicking the link below.
https://www./235020842061647/?ref=share_group_link

(1) (Reply)

Dry Groundnut For Sale / We Have Yellow Dried Maize For Sale Medium Quantity / Yellow Garri For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.