Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,539 members, 7,951,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 01:13 PM

Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? (645 Views)

Meet The First Nigerian Couple To Attain Same Senior Rank Level In The Army / Check Addresses For Inec Ward Centre To Collect Your Pvc / My True Story Of The Army That Defeated Itself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? by gidibwoy: 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2011
Help!! Case study. The army collected (one way or another) a land from its legal owner. Their reason is proximity to their barracks. What would one do? Legally.
Re: Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? by obowunmi(m): 4:35pm On Aug 04, 2011
In a lawless land like Nigeria --- I'm not sure there's anything that you can do.
Re: Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? by gidibwoy: 4:37pm On Aug 04, 2011
At least there should be compensation of some kind.
Re: Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? by obowunmi(m): 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2011
well if you negotiate properly or get a good lawyer.
Re: Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? by dominique(f): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2011
Thats why people should be very observant when acquiring property. The land was propably military zone sold by omonile with fake documents. I've heard of people losing their houses cos they were built on government property.
Re: Does The Army Have The Right To Collect Land From Legal Owner? by gidibwoy: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
It wasn't. This happened in Delta. So I can get the seller to refund the money right?

(1) (Reply)

Why Nairaland Is Full Of Dumb People: Lol - Amazingly Dumb And Irredeemable. / Boko Haram :boko Haram Declares Sss Director Wanted / Its All About Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.