Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,364 members, 7,888,161 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 08:47 PM

Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) (25844 Views)

First Archbishop MSC Anikwenwa Annual Public Lecture Delivered By Obi Of Onitsha / FG Relocates Fire Service School From Lagos To Osun / Obaseki’s Education Reform: Edo Poly Usen Holds Public Lecture, Partners FIRN... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by AdemolaA2: 3:41pm On Aug 13, 2022
Faithful23:
Funny video

I laughed too … hehehehehe
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Enyimbamercedes: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
Wrong type of extinguisher for the fire being extinguished.

Seems like that was a co2 extinguisher considering no powder residue or foam left behind. Problem with this is, it’s an outdoor demonstration and once the wind blows away the co2, the oxygen in the air reignites the flames. They should have used a dry powder or foam extinguisher for the demo.

6 Likes

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by brandsoncharlie: 3:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
Pussyassasin:
Pretty sure they used fake fire extinguisher
It is not fake fire extinguishers, they’re different degrees of fire types and types of materials this fires are on, you can’t use your regular type of fire extinguishers to attack or stop such fires because it won’t work, the fire will be staring at you.
That guy doesn’t know what he’s doing, na chew and poor them.

1 Like

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by chaloskyx: 3:44pm On Aug 13, 2022
Most likely their fire extinguisher was expired sef dem don dey chop money for fire service equipment's
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by 12345baba(m): 3:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
Fake extinguisher
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by fitinwell: 3:53pm On Aug 13, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CquGA-FCZQ

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChKeXtLscBq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

What Class of extinguisher was he using at that time?

I Am not a Fire safety officer .

But i learnt that at HSE Training in my Office..

1 Like

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Konjiboii: 3:57pm On Aug 13, 2022
There are different extinguishers use in fighting fires. Clearly this men don't know the difference,from the look of things that's CO2 extinguisher, preferably would have been dry powder or foam
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by alizma: 3:59pm On Aug 13, 2022
Skyfornia:
Incompetence is our major problem in this country... We will never get it right until we start putting the right people in the right position. Let's start with Peter Obi in 2023
Always complaining, they are their to teach people how to approach burning light and put it off. The fact that the light didn't go off doesn't mean it won't go off when it happens at your home. For me, I have just learnt that one has to approach the light from a specific direction.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Angel500: 4:02pm On Aug 13, 2022
iiifedimma:
Please let's support his excellency Mr Peter obi for the president of federal Republic of Nigeria, we are tired of those thief's now,

Without a tribalism and nepotism any sane Nigerian know it's only someone like Peter obi that can now rescue Nigeria from total collapsing, but seriously some ethnic bigot people will just still prefer to hav their own man at the affairs of the country either he is capable or not than to go for what could have been the best solution to all nigerian's current problems, #ObiDatti2023 is certain
Good afternoon aunty please I will be greatfull if you can call me on video call to see me if am lying about my situation and you can see my daddy too. I post here to find if someone can help me wit money or good job or even help my dad. Am real about my situation. Pls drop your line let me call you so you see. Thanks and God bless. From Angela
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by BadNews: 4:03pm On Aug 13, 2022
No Be Small Thing ooooo
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Lovelydaisies: 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:

This one na hell fire - e no dey quench. grin
But there must be a logical explanation to that. Some factors seem to be at play here.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by nnol(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2022
They didn't use the appropriate fire extinguisher. The fire extinguisher used for that fire is Co2 fire extinguisher which is more effective on electrical fire. They should have used a D.C.P (Dry Chemical Powder) fire extinguisher otherwise known as ABC as it covers all classes of fire. Hence, am not saying the Co2 fire extinguisher isn't effective, it is but more effective on electrical fire.

1 Like

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by barinedan(m): 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2022
Even fire is angry with the way things are going on in Nigeria, if only the fire could get hold of ASO Rock....
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by RawBitterTruth(m): 4:14pm On Aug 13, 2022
Lmaoooo grin pathetic!....If these olodos understood simple science, they'd know that you cannot use a carbon dioxide extinguisher to put out a flame fueled by gasoline hydrocarbon,a carbon allotrope, it's important to know what's fueling the fire b4 getting the right substance to put it out.

They should have known better!,very wrong fire extinguisher for that training,using a CO2 outside where there is air,lol...he is suppose to use a DCP(Dry chemical Powder) Fire extinguisher because at the point of extinguishing,the powder particles would still be on the surface thereby preventing the air particles from re-igniting the fire.C02 extinguisher is used on appliances that are a little bit fragile when they are on fire so they don't get completely damaged when applied on.

9ja we hail thee!�

1 Like

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by eenai(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
Expired chemicals.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by nnol(m): 4:17pm On Aug 13, 2022
Jst finished watching the video now, it's very laughable that the fire service officials aren't professional at all. This is what incompetency can cause. My initial comment is the particular reason why the fire wasn't put off completely.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Lovenorth: 4:42pm On Aug 13, 2022
He shouldn't have stopped immediately after the flame disappeared, secondly use of petrol as a case study is wrong
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by harjay1986: 5:19pm On Aug 13, 2022
nwekeugochukwu:

In fire fighting we have different class of fire with different extiguishing media yes some work as general or multipurpose while some are not ....... CO2 extinguisher is good for compartment fire not a open one like this because what CO2 thus is to displace oxygen but the atmospheric oxygen on this scenario will hinder the effect of co2 ..... I think he should know better maybe they should send them down to Prime Atlantic Safety Service for reorientation
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by harjay1986: 5:20pm On Aug 13, 2022
RawBitterTruth:
Lmaoooo grin pathetic!....If these olodos understood simple science, they'd know that you cannot use a carbon dioxide extinguisher to put out a flame fueled by gasoline hydrocarbon,a carbon allotrope, it's important to know what's fueling the fire b4 getting the right substance to put it out.

They should have known better!,very wrong fire extinguisher for that training,using a CO2 outside where there is air,lol...he is suppose to use a DCP(Dry chemical Powder) Fire extinguisher because at the point of extinguishing,the powder particles would still be on the surface thereby preventing the air particles from re-igniting the fire.C02 extinguisher is used on appliances that are a little bit fragile when they are on fire so they don't get completely damaged when applied on.

9ja we hail thee!�

three gbosa for you
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by fineboynl(m): 5:31pm On Aug 13, 2022
Fake extinguisher
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by vertueptime: 5:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
chaseblack:
Funny that a fire service man does not know the appropriate chemical to use for a specific fire.

It's heat that keeps igniting the fire because of the materials they used.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by toltee4real: 5:50pm On Aug 13, 2022
Pussyassasin:
Pretty sure they used fake fire extinguisher

Not atall, it was a case of wrong selection of extinguishing media.
Meaning wrong extinguisher was used.
The extinguisher that was used is CO2. instead of Either DCP ABC Fire extinguisher or Foam Extinguisher.
The fire was set on a metal material, the wheelbarrow has already absorbed heat and the fuel that was burning was still alive coupled with enough available Oxygen.
Remember the 3 elements of fire., heat, oxygen and fuel ( by fuel in Fire safety Science, we mean anything that can burn).
If it were to be DCP extinguisher, the powder from the extinguisher would have blanketed the fuel, what was burning, thereby disconnect it from oxygen (Smothering). Remember that o once the 3 elements could not relate together, fire is out.

1 Like

Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Nukilia: 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2022
Skyfornia:
Incompetence is our major problem in this country... We will never get it right until we start putting the right people in the right position. Let's start with Peter Obi in 2023

You are right! Wrong people occupying critical offices is the reason for the malfunction of Nigeria across board.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Nukilia: 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2022
toltee4real:

Not atall, it was a case of wrong selection of extinguishing media.
Meaning wrong extinguisher was used.
The extinguisher that was used is CO2. instead of Either DCP ABC Fire extinguisher or Foam Extinguisher.
The fire was set on a metal material, the wheelbarrow has already absorbed heat and the fuel that was burning was still alive coupled with enough available Oxygen.
Remember the 3 elements of fire., heat, oxygen and fuel ( by fuel in Fire safety Science, we mean anything that can burn).
If it were to be DCP extinguisher, the powder from the extinguisher would have blanketed the fuel, what was burning, thereby disconnect it from oxygen (Smothering). Remember that o once the 3 elements could not relate together, fire is out.

When quota system is the basis for recruitment and not intelligence. The same is evident in all MDAs.
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by chaseblack(m): 6:33pm On Aug 13, 2022
vertueptime:

It's heat that keeps igniting the fire because of the materials they used.

No, it's the choice of chemical used. Water and detergent will off that water at first try!

Not CO2
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Qwi1: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2022
Really
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2022
Nbote:
Lolzzz.... The fire shock dem
common small fire oh, nigeria fire service can not quench
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Aveeno(f): 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2022
Me too I am embarrassed on their behalf
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Frederick2017: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2022
This is the real Odeshi... Hahahahaa
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by Fmaniac(m): 8:27pm On Aug 13, 2022
angry
Blakjewelry:
The fire carry odeshi
Re: Moment Fire Service Officials Couldn't Put Out Fire At Public Lecture (Video) by panpan(m): 8:30pm On Aug 13, 2022
There was no need for a fire extinguisher in this case.
They could have just covered the wheelbarrow, and cut off the oxygen supply.
The fire would have been put off in seconds.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

49-Year-Old UNIJOS Political Science Student Dies Few Days After Graduation / Janet Kyeme, Lokoja University Student Goes Missing After Leaving For Lectures / 2022 Medical Students Intake By Geopolitical Zone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.