Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,842 members, 7,872,830 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:06 PM

UCHE ONYEAGOCHA: Swimming In The Ocean Of Killings In Imo State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UCHE ONYEAGOCHA: Swimming In The Ocean Of Killings In Imo State (178 Views)

Lekki Massacre: Forensic Analysis Proves Videos Of Killings Are Genuine / Onyeagocha: Supreme Court Yet To Give Us Date For The Review Of Imo Judgement / Emeka Ihedioha Swears In SSG Uche Onyeagocha And Chris Okewulonu, Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UCHE ONYEAGOCHA: Swimming In The Ocean Of Killings In Imo State by Comroguji(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2022
UCHE ONYEAGOCHA: Swimming In The Ocean Of Killings In Imo State.

Innocent Iwuala
Orogwe
Owerri West LGA.
Imo State.

Let me start by disclosing that I can count on Barrister Uche Onyeagocha as my kinsman haven come from the same local government as me.

But that is where our relationship and compatibility ends.

I have watched from the sidelines his activities of late, and I am clearly appalled and disenchanted with his constant eulogies and energization of the insecurity in Imo State.

Uche Onyeagocha is giving unpatriotic, improper and unpardonable energy to the killings in Imo State and I wonder why.

Most times I keep wondering why an Attorney of law, a man who claim to practice in the temple of justice will continue to paint his own state in bad light before the world. Does it mean he likes swimming in the ocean of blood?

I have made repeated efforts to talk to Onyeagocha as the candidate who want to represent my Owerri zone in the Nigerian senate come 2023 on the need for introspection and good conscience. I remain worried that he is not listening to good counselling for the overall wellbeing of Imo State and her citizens.

My concern is anchored and routed on the daily, weekly and monthly penchant of Uche Onyeagocha to hug the media networks calling out His Excellency Governor Hope Uzodimma as a purveyor of violence. To me this is immoral, vindictive and carelessness taken to extreme.

Why must a reasonable Imo son move from newspaper houses, to radio stations, to television stations and social media relentlessly making statements and interviews portraying his state government as doing absolutely nothing to combat insecurity.

I have come to the inevitable conclusion that Uche Onyeagocha is pretending to be right when he is knowingly wrong. I see him as driven by pure hate and politics. He is making every attempt to drive away investors from Imo State, if not, why paint such a gloomy picture of Imo State as a place where nothing is working and where everybody has deserted due to insecurity.

Personally, I am not a politician neither am I a member of any political party, but truth be told, I am truly worried. Worried in the sense that Uche Onyeagocha is spending millions of naira buying media time to lampoon the Governor of Imo State and the administration solely on insecurity. Does it mean that he cannot speak on other issues?

We all know the honest truth that the periodic insecurity is limited to only three out of twenty seven local government areas of Imo State namely Orsu, Orlu and Oru East. We also know that in the last few months life, to great extent has returned in these areas. So why the continuous hype by Onyeagocha that the entire Imo State is in flames.

My writing to the public stems from the fact that only yesterday, Mr. Peter Obi held three engagements in Imo State while Rt. Hon Emeka Ihedioha had about two publicized public engagements. If Imo State is not safe, how come people trooped out for these well publicized occasions.?

As a citizen of Imo State, I am equally concerned to see tranquility in my state. I am desirous of absolute peace. But I also know that peace is never absolute all over the world. Few days ago in the United States, Salmon Rushdie the author of Satanic Verses had one his his eyes gorged out at a public function. The opposition Republicans has not told the world that the entire America has collapsed.

I call on Imo people to join hands to assist the government of Imo State to maintain law and order. It is Governor Hope Uzodimma today, and it will be another governor tomorrow. Security is a citizenship engagement. We are all involved.

But spending stupendous amounts of money to buy media presence only to abuse the Governor and paint Imo State as riddled in blood is in bad taste and must be condemned by all people of good conscience.

For me, only Uche Onyeagocha is riddled in bloodbath. Only him is swimming in the ocean of blood not our beloved Imo State.

Dr. Innocent Iwuala is a medical practitioner and writes from Owerri West LGA.
Re: UCHE ONYEAGOCHA: Swimming In The Ocean Of Killings In Imo State by Nobody: 12:11pm On Aug 14, 2022
Let him continue to do so and let it continue to hurt whoever it's hurting

I'm must be saved from Uzodima and Ebubeoke

(1) (Reply)

Peter Obi, IPOB, Biafra And The Hypocrisy Of Nigerians / CODE CEO Hamza Lawal Endorses Asoju Odo For Reps, Extols His Investment In Youth / Pei

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.