Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,068 members, 7,931,671 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 10:36 AM

Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year (16690 Views)

Tinubu's Anniversary: Reflecting On Year One, And Welcoming The Promising Future / Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ / Reactions Trail ‘Drop’ In Cooking Gas Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Focusmi: 8:12am On Aug 16, 2022
High cost of living, Masses at the Mercy of Poverty
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by funkyjaay: 8:21am On Aug 16, 2022
The opportunity to change all this,is next year once it slip off forget it
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by everythinggirly(f): 8:47am On Aug 16, 2022
It's everywhere now.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Goxpawa: 8:49am On Aug 16, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

850 naira down here in Benin city sapele road to be precise

And a sane person still wants to campaign for Apc

Too bad.....getting ready to leave this country if Apc should win

Mr. Damn Niggar Koyor!!

Obokhian.... U travel b4

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by muhsain299(m): 9:22am On Aug 16, 2022
I bought 12.5kg for #9375 a week ago in Kano state

2 Likes

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by MrLankeeee(m): 9:26am On Aug 16, 2022
robinso01:
Thanks to sai Bubu. May we not see another buhari again, because the worst thing than can happen to a nation is buhari.

Since the hike in price, na person hot temper I dey use cook beans now.

Abeg introduce the person give me, I don use my own hot temper finish.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by one4GOD(f): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Make them no worry, we go leave their cooking gas for them make them dey drink am by their self.. Na to begin cook with charcoal now be the next thing..

But seriously, I feel for any creative mind in Nigeria, right now is the time to come up with a much more cleaner, efficient, and safer way of cooking with charcoal. Something like a neat, portable stove that runs on charcoal.. If I had the funds, I would have definitely invested into a factory that builds such, with locally sourced minds and manpower. Just to ease the suffering of Nigerians and make some serious money.
charcoal is equally expensive bros and the stress of cooking with it nah anoda level of suffer if you buy the wrong one

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Collinsanele: 9:48am On Aug 16, 2022
SmartPolician:

Yes, it's a good decision. We need that USD to stabilise our economy. Other countries are moving away from crude oil and are increasingly depending on gas. The good thing is that we have natural gas in abundance.

If Nigeria doesn't expand her FX earnings, $1 may hit 1k before Buhari leaves office. I think the problem of this government is that their media team doesn't explain all this to Nigerians.

It's not about the media team.
7+ years is enough to start reaping the benefits of good policies and governance.
Nigeria's problem is simply bad governance and corruption.
Don't encourage and entertain mediocrity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by kingemaker(m): 9:49am On Aug 16, 2022
divinehand2003:
How much is cooking gas in your area? I bought 12.5kg N9800 a week ago.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by samnaija: 9:53am On Aug 16, 2022
SmartPolician:

Yes, it's a good decision. We need that USD to stabilise our economy. Other countries are moving away from crude oil and are increasingly depending on gas. The good thing is that we have natural gas in abundance.

If Nigeria doesn't expand her FX earnings, $1 may hit 1k before Buhari leaves office. I think the problem of this government is that their media team doesn't explain all this to Nigerians.
Please can you explain why we that have the natural gas in abundance,can give it out but Nigerians can't afford it
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Sixfiguresmart(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2022
TastyFriedPussy:
Make them no worry, we go leave their cooking gas for them make them dey drink am by their self.. Na to begin cook with charcoal now be the next thing..

But seriously, I feel for any creative mind in Nigeria, right now is the time to come up with a much more cleaner, efficient, and safer way of cooking with charcoal. Something like a neat, portable stove that runs on charcoal.. If I had the funds, I would have definitely invested into a factory that builds such, with locally sourced minds and manpower. Just to ease the suffering of Nigerians and make some serious money.
Sorry that I had to giggle cos' your comment reminds me of the value of knowledge or experience.

Nigeria will swallow your funds and leave you asking what you did with it. Nigeria is like the foreign land where prodigal sons go to invest in any invention. To get approval for testing, to get a license and a certification for any invention hahaha I laugh.

As a matter of fact, the people whose plights you endeavour to alleviate are the very ones to frustrate your plans. A man I knew some years ago got killed 5 months after he released his prototype. For no reason. He made his money abroad. Had no business enemies. Just got murdered like that by a never to be found assassin.

Charcoal cannot power Nigeria. If you dared, there will be no fruits left to eat. In fact, you will have to outsource oxygen. The country lacks regulations. Laws aren't enforced. The structure of the country is built on ignorance, retrogressing African culture, egotism and never-progression.

The biggest problem in this country is empowering ignorance. With a shear amount of cognitive dissonance promulgated by powerful men. You can't move with stupidity. Nothing will work.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by JimohMomoh: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2022
crossfm:
Hehehe.

This was the change they promised us.

A very shameless, useless and clueless government. The fact that APC still have the guts to be campaigning in Nigeria baffles me.

Kick APC out if power now before they kill us all.

APC represent hardship and suffering, even the vulture griller is finding it hard to buy data
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by robinso01(m): 10:04am On Aug 16, 2022
MrLankeeee:

Abeg introduce the person give me, I don use my own hot temper finish.

I dey cause vawulence up and down,once i see that you are angry and hot ,na to go carry my beans come.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Santinho: 10:31am On Aug 16, 2022
Affliction shall not rise the second time.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by MrLankeeee(m): 10:34am On Aug 16, 2022
robinso01:

I dey cause vawulence up and down,once i see that you are angry and hot ,na to go carry my beans come.

I like vawulence, make I enter area go shout Sai Buhari.......
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Bigfish121(m): 10:36am On Aug 16, 2022
I bought 12.5kg yesterday here in Abuja 11k.

1 Like

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Treasure17(m): 11:13am On Aug 16, 2022
And kerosene is no go area as well. More expensive than diesel right now.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by PharmacyStore: 11:33am On Aug 16, 2022
Things are getting tougher
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by AuwalYusuf812(m): 11:36am On Aug 16, 2022
I want to Japan by all mist
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Panda7: 1:17pm On Aug 16, 2022
divinehand2003:
•Experts want country’s refineries fixed.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/cooking-gas-price-rises-by-over-100-per-cent-year-on-year/

maybe it's high time the fg privatize just everything maybe by then we may just have a purpose. private company will easily employ, remit taxes and increase production. private company would solely focus on utility while channeling the profit to production. we are tired of electing unprofessionals who don't understand basic economic theories and who's major flaws is mismanagement. maybe private companies taxes and remittance can be channeled into our needs and wants.
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Abemy(m): 2:18pm On Aug 16, 2022
How long does a 12.5kg cylinder if gas last for a family of 5?
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by murphybo(m): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2022
Wintertime:
Imagine some people can talk of gas but when a certain group says Lagos State is a no man's land they get infuriated but the crude resources is any of them mine from your land

Fools
what's the correlation to the topic?

Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Wwwq: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2022
Sad
Re: Cooking Gas Price Rises By Over 100 Per Cent Year-On-Year by Fryzi(m): 7:49am On Aug 17, 2022
I bought 6kg cylinder for 17k and filled it for 5k. 22k in total, and that was yesterday.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ukwuani People Wikipedia Content / Today Is Nigerian Armed Forces Remembrance Day (2017). / I Will Be A Governor With The Fear Of God, Dino Melaye Meets Religious Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.