Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,448 members, 7,978,440 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:26 AM

[b] the Nigerian spirit [/b] Could This Be The Obstacle To Nigeria Development? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [b] the Nigerian spirit [/b] Could This Be The Obstacle To Nigeria Development? (239 Views)

“You Represent The True Nigerian Spirit”, Peter Obi To Hilda Baci. / Western Nigeria Development And News Thread / Eastern Nigeria Development Commission (ENDC)projects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[b] the Nigerian spirit [/b] Could This Be The Obstacle To Nigeria Development? by ume1000: 11:00am On Aug 16, 2022
Always wanted to write this but never had the chance
*Note by Nigerians I mean most Nigerians give or take 90% of the population ,I believe majority qualifies as Nigerian*

Corruption (public funds)

In ma close to 3 decades of existence as a Nigerian ,I have come to realise that Nigerians don't actually hate corruption ,if anything they see it as cashing in on opportunities that presents itself ,they only protest when such dishonesty doesn't benefit them
*Note am writing this as one from a state where a known thief is hailed as chief of resource control

Crime

Most Nigerians are indifferent when it come to crime especially non Lethal crimes (absence of guns ),they gat no problem with fraud so long as they are not the victims ,bunkery(pipeline vandalization ) is seen as a regular hustle in the big heart state where I hail from

They often forget the yahoo boys today would be contesting elections in the next 20 or so years (I wonder what they expect from a thief)

Assualt

Did you know the average Nigerian see nothing wrong in hitting someone simply because they can ,it's the norm in ma home state and Nigeria at large (I have lived in over 6 states)

Japa

Nigerians are the most unpatriotic folks I know of ,they move at the slightest opportunity even to engage in horrible jobs oversea that they find demeaning here ,no one wants to waste their time ,they are always in a haste (they last time I checked Americans fought to make Thier country better)

I honestly believe we (Nigerians ) have created a society incapable of producing good leaders cause we see nothing wrong in social vices and careless about national values , I believe the corrupt leaders are the monsters that we made

What do you think, I could be wrong though let's hear from you in the comments section below
Re: [b] the Nigerian spirit [/b] Could This Be The Obstacle To Nigeria Development? by ThrownBack: 11:03am On Aug 16, 2022
Peter Obi will correct all these issues.
Re: [b] the Nigerian spirit [/b] Could This Be The Obstacle To Nigeria Development? by ume1000: 11:04am On Aug 16, 2022
ThrownBack:
Peter Obi will correct all these issues.
could Joe Biden change the American spirit?
Re: [b] the Nigerian spirit [/b] Could This Be The Obstacle To Nigeria Development? by ThrownBack: 11:09am On Aug 16, 2022
ume1000:
could Joe Biden change the American spirit?

Yes, a good leader will perform the impossible.

(1) (Reply)

Decampees From APC, SDP And Others Have Swollen Pdp’s Membership In Bwari / Completely Eliminate Terrorists, Buhari Tells Security Agencies / It's A Lie! Buhari Can't Be Nigeria's Worst President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.