Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,333 members, 7,974,419 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 01:20 AM

Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? (912 Views)

Why Do People Do This After The Death Of Their Parents? / Do Wives Owe Their Husband Sex ? / At What Age Should An Adult Leave Their Parents’ House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? by Kobojunkie: 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2022
Polynek:

What is the need of coming online to argue what you can't do in reality?
I am afraid I don't follow. undecided
Re: Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? by Polynek(m): 2:40pm On Aug 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid I don't follow. undecided
grin grin
I no understand Dix ur lax comment oo
Re: Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? by Klass99(f): 3:21pm On Aug 16, 2022

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? by Amopeekun(f): 3:52pm On Aug 16, 2022
May you be blessed for this response
crackhaus:

Hii...

Come back in about 60years, we'll see what you still think about this. I pray God keeps us all alive. cool

1 Like

Re: Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:28pm On Aug 16, 2022
Klass99:

I feel you on the bolded parts of your post. I think more people are slowly but surely coming to the realization that marriage and children are life choices, not mandatory goals or achievements we all have to meet, in order to unlock happiness or the adult phase of our lives.

Some African parents having lived for 5 or more decades, gaining both godly & wordly wisdom which comes from life experiences, don't really stress or bother their kids about continuing bloodlines so much. A married couple I know in Lagos decided to not have kids, it is not spiritual, health related or village people. It is a matter of choice for them, the lady's father is a popular and elderly statesman, but I won't mention his name.

[b]Another married couple (Igbo guy in this case, let's call him Chuka) has been in a verbal battle with his father over his choice to remain child free. [/b]His father has talked and talked, now it has reached a point papa is begging for just one child. Chuka has said you are wasting your time, I won't have a child because you expect it of me or ask it of me. I need a more convincing reason than your fatherly expectations of me and so far I haven't found that reason for myself.

I don't know why so many parents want grand kids. They just want all that fun and completely none of the responsibilities. They would force you to have kids but if God forbid something bad happens they would be the ones avoiding you so you don't beg them for money.

3 Likes

Re: Do Children Owe Their Parents Repatriation? by James289(f): 11:37am On Oct 06, 2022
No. Parents have a responsibility towards their children, not vice versa. We didn't ask to be born in the first place. If you're grateful for them though, you can still show them how much you care but technically, we do not owe them anything.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relocation Clearance Sales / . / Have You Been Told That:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.