Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,104 members, 7,939,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 06:11 AM

6 Tips On How To Maintain A Healthy And Lasting Relationship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 6 Tips On How To Maintain A Healthy And Lasting Relationship (190 Views)

Father Pretends To Give Toddler Daughter Haircut To Maintain Peace (video) / Why Aren't Today's Marriages Lasting Like Those Of Our Parents And Forefathers? / Maryanne Michael: One-Armed Woman Gives Birth To A Healthy Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Tips On How To Maintain A Healthy And Lasting Relationship by Starpius: 3:31pm On Aug 16, 2022
6 tips on how to maintain a healthy and lasting relationship

I don’t believe in love at first sight. I know that can seem slightly jaded and pragmatic, but, there it is, I said it. It may come as a surprise to those who know me and my husband, Jimmy. You see, my husband and I are high school sweethearts. We met in Spanish class—he was 16, I was 15—and we’ve been happily together ever since. So, if anyone was to believe in love at first sight, it would be me. But, from my experience, healthy relationships are, well, work (and I mean this in the most positive way). No relationship is perfect, and really, if it was, wouldn’t things get boring after a while?

I’ve spent more than half my life with the same partner through some of the most life-changing times like high school, college, first home, first jobs, business start up, etc. Through all these years, we’ve established some clear (yet often unspoken) rules to follow that help us to have a lasting and healthy relationship and marriage.

1. Explore Your Own Passions.

This may be one of the most important things in a successful relationship. Jimmy and I have always encouraged each other to pursue and explore our own unique hobbies and passions. For me, it was dance, reading and entrepreneurship. For him it was motocross, music and fishing. Establishing and pursuing your own hobbies allows you to keep your own independence. It helps you to not lose yourself in a relationship. However, what is equally important is to support your partner in their hobbies, and have them support you in yours. For instance, I rarely missed a motocross race or band show of Jimmy’s, and he never missed a dance performance or important business event of mine. Be there to support your partner, and they should, in turn, do the same..... continue reading at ���
https://www.slightgist.com.ng/6-tips-for-a-lasting-and-healthy-relationship/

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Naira Land Pls I Need Help With Data / A Child Not Wanting To Go To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.