Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,437 members, 7,974,792 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 11:05 AM

Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share (904 Views)

He Raped Me, Now Getting Married To My Best Friend... / Photos: The Girl Who Got Married To A Portrait Finally Replied Linda Ikeji / Getting Married To A Widower (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by Lacrissa: 2:17pm On Aug 05, 2011
Please share your views and opinions. Where there any conflicts or obstacles? What are the set backs?
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by rose75(f): 3:56pm On Aug 05, 2011
Haven't you heard the saying that wherever you go and see no Ibo, better take to your heels 'cos that place is uninhabitable?.
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by Outstrip(f): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2011
rose~75:

Haven't you heard the saying that wherever you go and see no Ibo, better take to your heels 'cos that place is uninhabitable?.

LOL. My Dad is from Edo state and my mom is Igbo. It really depends on the two people. The man especially if he is Edo part of the relationship.
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by tpia5: 10:38pm On Aug 05, 2011
Is the op nigerian?
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 05, 2011
tpia@:

Is the op nigerian?

Yes, she is, going by past posts she's made.
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by tpia5: 11:31pm On Aug 05, 2011
strange question for a nigerian to ask.
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by Lacrissa: 12:01pm On Aug 06, 2011
tpia@:

strange question for a nigerian to ask.

Why is it strange?

Outstrip:

LOL. My Dad is from Edo state and my mom is Igbo. It really depends on the two people. The man especially if he is Edo part of the relationship.

Everything is fine right? Did they encounter any problems before getting married like from the families, people etc? And why the man especially being from Edo?

rose~75:

i don't understand, pls explain.

Please would appreciate replies to these. Thanks
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by Outstrip(f): 5:53pm On Aug 06, 2011
Lacrissa:

Why is it strange?

Everything is fine right? Did they encounter any problems before getting married like from the families, people etc? And why the man especially being from Edo?

i don't understand, pls explain.

Please would appreciate replies to these. Thanks

sigh, Maybe I can answer it with a fact about Ishan culture. if a woman dies they send her body back home to her people. That is their culture. Please any Esan people are welcome to correct me if I am wrong. My intention is not to offend anyone. I can only speak of what I know
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by Lacrissa: 8:48pm On Aug 06, 2011
Outstrip:

sigh, Maybe I can answer it with a fact about Ishan culture. if a woman dies they send her body back home to her people. That is their culture. Please any Esan people are welcome to correct me if I am wrong. My intention is not to offend anyone. I can only speak of what I know

Hmmm with the way you are sighing, I guess you don't really like that?? smiley
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by rose75(f): 11:21pm On Aug 06, 2011
Ibos get married to any ethnic group.
No two individuals are the same so also will no two marriages be the same. I f you have a suitor from Edo, the best findings to make should't be from NL, better get someone from there whom you can trust or your elders can make the enquiry on your behalf, that's if they're aware.
Re: Do We Have Ibos Married To Edos? Pls share by tpia5: 1:05am On Aug 07, 2011
Lacrissa:

Why is it strange?

because everyone knows edos marry from anywhere?

and besides, i would think edo women especially like marrying igbos.

(1) (Reply)

How I Escaped From Ritualists / The Story Of A Nigerian Facing Racism Abroad / How Many Of You Know Your Parents Age And Date Of Birth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.