Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,280 members, 7,936,862 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 05:16 AM

Real Estate Construction Loan - Business To Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Business To Business / Real Estate Construction Loan (1760 Views)

How To Make $400 Weekly With Just $10 Start Up Capital On Internet Real Estate / Partners Required In A Startup Real Estate Company / Finance For Real Estate Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Real Estate Construction Loan by kamisco: 2:43pm On Aug 05, 2011
Where can I get a short term Real Estate Construction Loan to finish off my commercial project in Ikeja? On completion of the project, I intend to offset the loan from the rental income within two years. Please note that I'm based abroad.
Re: Real Estate Construction Loan by Kendaddy(m): 4:03pm On Aug 05, 2011
Kemisco, I happen to have a new construction real estate project too that needs funding of about N900M and to tell you the truth, I have been sourcing for funds for 6 months now with no luck. No Nigeria bank would give loan to a new project without a solid collateral or security instrument and even the conditions, interest rates and so on attached to loan terms are suicidal and trying to get from abroad is not a Merry Christmas too, if you ask me. I am still on the look-out for foreign investors to partner with on equity, loan or joint venture agreement and truly believe God in his majesty will make a way for me.

The banking and financial systems in Nigeria is not business friendly at the moment and needless to say surprisingly, I was in one of the commercial banks lately and believe you me, the banking officer I held a chat with regarding international funding didn't know what SBLC or BG was and how it works. I had to dust my shoes and left in disarray, with a downcast feeling that probably most Nigerian bankers know little or nothing about international funding, talk-less of providing advisory services in that regard.

If I may suggest, why not speak with one or two investment or venture capital groups over there, depending on where you are at presently. You most likely will stand a better chance if you put a face to the project than applying from Nigeria, since their mind-set is always that deals coming from Nigeria are scams. If perhaps you know or someone knows a net-worthy individual who could put his dough on the table and agree on repayments. I wish I knew any actually. Just a suggestion. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Real Estate Construction Loan by kamisco: 7:07pm On Aug 05, 2011
@Kendaddy
Thanks for your 2cents. I'm actually in the UK. My project won't be attractive to foreign investors because I'm just looking for 15M Naira to complete a 6 units project which has already kicked-off awhile.
But in your own case, 900M Naira is a robust sum to attract an international investor if your financial statement is bullet proof and your business paln is solid. I might be able to give you some hint. Which state is your proposed site, Lagos or Abuja?

(1) (Reply)

Rubber Chalk Mould On Sale (240 Cavities At 35,000 Naira Only) Free Delivery / Wristbands Production / Be Your Own Boss.. Make Millions Monthly Exporting Cassava, Maize, Ginger etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.