Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,987 members, 7,873,178 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs (22609 Views)

Sit-at -home Enforcement In Imo: Gunmen Kill Commercial Tricyclist, Passerby / Okada Ban: Lagos Crushes 2,228 Impounded Motorcycles (Video, Photos) / Okada Ban: Lagos Government Meets Arewa Community, Issues Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by EponOjuku: 10:35pm On Aug 16, 2022
Moneyboyz:
Hopefully they create alternatives for these people to live on after taking their source of income.
Else residents will sleep with one eyes closed.
You can only imagine the level of insecurity that will arise out of joblessness.

They should give people the option of exchanging their bikes for cash instead of just stealing it from them.

You are funny. Go and give your state Governor your bike for him to give you cash. They didn't factor in economic refugees in the budget of Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by EponOjuku: 10:36pm On Aug 16, 2022
drmuchin:
APC
MORE HARDSHIP LOADING

When they banned it in Anambra, did you say this back then?

Some of you are so stupid and behave like animals.

2 Likes

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by saintrow1: 11:16pm On Aug 16, 2022
Ogaga87:
Igbo business go crash O

Most okada operators are northerners, we expect lagos state government to also crack down on Igbos and their businesses in lagos.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by ike007(m): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2022
Good...but if they have no job options don't the leaders know that it would create a dangerous society?
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Ogaga87(m): 1:22am On Aug 17, 2022
PenSniper:

You bad o

I'm only say this base on what I saw at Oyingbo days back..
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by SugarGirl44(f): 2:09am On Aug 17, 2022
Jostoman:
fear fear people because of next year election.

It's so easy for you guys to call people fear fear.
Lol.
You just open the gutter on your face GBAGA!!! without thinking!

Where has your bravery led you to?
Your region keeps retrogressing by the day, and you end up taking refuge with the same fear fear people.
Are you not mad like this?
All empty talks and no brains.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Babastrong(m): 2:35am On Aug 17, 2022
[quote author=esthel post=115767236]See unemployment see crime. Security matters are to be taken seriously but I believe there should be a better way of regulating these people [ one of the best ways is to cut the mode of movement of the bandits as well as their mode of communication. Okada is one of their fastest movement. It should be banned. Life matters most.]
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by DesChyko: 6:26am On Aug 17, 2022
Finish the pending constructions on all highways first, itchy fingers.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 7:29am On Aug 17, 2022
maasoap:

When the ban is announced and you are caught, your bike will be seized and crushed. Just like it has been happening in the six local government areas already.
Okada as a form of commercial transport should be banned by every state government, its disadvantages are more than the advantages.

Nigerian Government has failed the people.
I can tell you places in Alimosho LGA for example where if you don't take a bike, you will be unable to access those places cos keke won't go there and your vehicle would most likely break down there.

Are people gonna be trekking home in those places? If young people can trek it, how about the old ones?
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 7:32am On Aug 17, 2022
Sleekfingers:

By the time, the government start going around all the local governments, with tax force every day arresting and crushing their bikes . nobody go tell dem before dem relocate or find something else to do.

And then government creates another set of security problems as crime skyrockets and we all have to run inside our homes at 7pm so we don't get attacked.

If government wants a total ban on Okada, they would need to create viable alternatives to the riders. My area alone would have like 2k + riders.
If all those people are thrown out of jobs, na to run comot for area be that....that's too much security risk
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2022
adioolayi:

How are we commuting before now

Like I said...inner streets in Lagos Island and at Ikeja, people have adjusted.

You can't compare those places with areas like Alimosho, Badagry etc with places with no motorable roads in some areas. Some as far as 30 minutes on bike from major bus stop
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 7:34am On Aug 17, 2022
aribisala0:
They can buy horses or camels. Rubbish!!

Ok
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by adekolaelect(m): 7:42am On Aug 17, 2022
esthel:
See unemployment see crime. Security matters are to be taken seriously but I believe there should be a better way of regulating these people
Suggest one.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by EponOjuku: 8:20am On Aug 17, 2022
AuroraB:
Where aboki wan go back to bayi sad

Anambra.
Anambra is Home For All.

1 Like

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by YeyeGbami: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2022
kingamaa:
Necessity is said to be the mother of invention

About time, we need to be proactive and security conscious

We must not allow what is happening in the North East to get to Lagos

Neighbouring states should also take proactive measures especially Ogun State where incidence of kidnapping has been on the increase.

Lagos no be Katsina or Maiduguri

Well said
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by adverttrading: 9:48am On Aug 17, 2022
Instead of doing Okada, become a dispatch rider.

There is a job in Lekki that 80k.

Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by aribisala0(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2022
Suddenly
When it is Lagos

Eboes become philosophers
Generating all kinds of i
ideas and opinions
Ideas and opinions
They do not generate for
#Onitsha and Aba
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by luluman: 12:21pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ogaga87:
Igbo business go crash O
Use sense now, how is igbo business connected to okada?
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Ogaga87(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
luluman:
Use sense now, how is igbo business connected to okada?

Foolish pikin.. Go to Oyingbo and see many of them dealing on okada spare parts.. Who will buy them fast as when okada operates in Lagos state.. Abi somebody go travel from ogun state go Lagos because of Tyre..

Your myopic brain needs to be expanded..
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Sleekfingers: 1:59pm On Aug 17, 2022
BennyDGreat:

And then government creates another set of security problems as crime skyrockets and we all have to run inside our homes at 7pm so we don't get attacked.

If government wants a total ban on Okada, they would need to create viable alternatives to the riders. My area alone would have like 2k + riders.
If all those people are thrown out of jobs, na to run comot for area be that....that's too much security risk

You are right about the security risk. But something gotta give. Those bikers are menace in lagos.
The government is working on mini bus as an alternative. But not all the riders will be eligible to get it. You must be a residence of lagos, with a verifiable address, lasra etc.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by syntekelite(m): 2:06pm On Aug 17, 2022
Yemlizzy:
Doesn’t make sense, what will those people be doing?? Be kidnapping and robbing right??

They should go back to their homeland/farmland and take back their livelihood.. back then in 04/05 , the northerners were all shouting boko boko haram haram, supporting them codedly and brazenly cos back then it was a jihad against christians,now the same boko has turned on them,in the guise of bandits and herdsmen,instead to fight the menace they encouraged and funded they turned tail and ran to lagos,this same majority northern men comprise of 80% lagos bikemen,both from niger and far north... If it was to fight other tribes you will see them beating chest,so let them take their i no dey fear death mentality and take back their lands.. lagos isnt their wastebin.. elrufai banned them in abj we no hear pin..
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by AloneTK: 3:20pm On Aug 17, 2022
Not everyone is using it for commercial purposes.

Those who own it for private use will be made to suffer... abi?
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by luluman: 4:24pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ogaga87:

Foolish pikin.. Go to Oyingbo and see many of them dealing on okada spare parts.. Who will buy them fast as when okada operates in Lagos state.. Abi somebody go travel from ogun state go Lagos because of Tyre..

Your myopic brain needs to be expanded..
Your type just can't steer clear off ibos matter.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Ogaga87(m): 5:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
luluman:
Your type just can't steer clear off ibos matter.

You be ode.. I'm only worried.. I sell spare parts give you before..
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 8:13pm On Aug 17, 2022
Sleekfingers:

You are right about the security risk. But something gotta give. Those bikers are menace in lagos.
The government is working on mini bus as an alternative. But not all the riders will be eligible to get it. You must be a residence of lagos, with a verifiable address, lasra etc.

Mini bus no fit enter some places. Even keke napep can't enter. We can't in a bid to prevent certain issues from arising cause more problems for the society. It's not a wholesome solution at all
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Sleekfingers: 8:45pm On Aug 17, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Mini bus no fit enter some places. Even keke napep can't enter. We can't in a bid to prevent certain issues from arising cause more problems for the society. It's not a wholesome solution at all

What do you think is the solution?
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by luluman: 9:32pm On Aug 17, 2022
Ogaga87:

You be ode.. I'm only worried.. I sell spare parts give you before..
Just stay off ibos matter.gbam!!
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by Ogaga87(m): 6:45am On Aug 18, 2022
luluman:
Just stay off ibos matter.gbam!!

Lick your ass local bread
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 8:52am On Aug 18, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What do you think is the solution?

Simple. Make all roads motorable so you can have a more solid reason to take bikes off the road.
The issue is many people in government don't want to face reality.

To ban something means you have more than enough alternatives. Take for instance, border closure by FG.

The rice they were shouting about that it's imported, local production capacity couldn't match our consumption. Prices went super high and they were still forced to open the border.....that's no critical thinking
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by maasoap(m): 10:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
BennyDGreat:

Nigerian Government has failed the people.
I can tell you places in Alimosho LGA for example where if you don't take a bike, you will be unable to access those places cos keke won't go there and your vehicle would most likely break down there.

Are people gonna be trekking home in those places? If young people can trek it, how about the old ones?

When Okada wasn't mode of transportation in Nigeria, people were still getting to their destinations.
I live very close to a traditional bone setter clinic, you just need to see the negative economic impacts this thing is causing.
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by BennyDGreat: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2022
maasoap:

When Okada wasn't mode of transportation in Nigeria, people were still getting to their destinations.
I live very close to a traditional bone setter clinic, you just need to see the negative economic impacts this thing is63causing.

I understand the impact it's causing. Cars, keke, koropes also have accidents.

You can't compare back then when there was no Okada. One is population wasn't at this level, so you could get bus easier, people that time dey trek no be small and you know not many people can trek that long. Children going to school, pregnant women, old folks, sick people....you can't leave them stranded
Re: Okada Ban: Lagos Stakeholders Settle For Overall Enforcement In All LGAs by maasoap(m): 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
BennyDGreat:

I understand the impact it's causing. Cars, keke, koropes also have accidents.

You can't compare back then when there was no Okada. One is population wasn't at this level, so you could get bus easier, people that time dey trek no be small and you know not many people can trek that long. Children going to school, pregnant women, old folks, sick people....you can't leave them stranded

No, you don't. Most especially when you had to drag cars, korope, Keke into it. It is incomparable in all senses, trust me. You don't need to trivialise the injury and deaths associated with commercial bikes by mentioning cars, korope and Keke's accidents. Like 9 out of 10 broken bones come from commercial bikes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Has No Candidates In Rivers State, INEC Insists / FG Sets Dates For Completion Of Lagos-Ibadan, Abuja-Kano Expressway / Tinubu: There’s No President-elect, What We Have Is A Sham – Adebanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.