Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,601 members, 7,888,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 06:31 PM

620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise (28227 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Meet Onayemi Temitope Timothy, Hunter With Bsc. And Msc. In Criminology / MSc In UK Versus N183k Job Offer: Advice Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by ndidibabe(f): 7:55pm On Aug 20, 2022
noCAP:
bro, are you also schooling? I am planning to relocate there by next year
Don't go to UK. You will suffer. CC justwise..

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by darediamond(m): 8:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
OboOlora:
Job wey dem fit sack u tomorrow if Govt change policy that kills the business of your employer
Or make kidnappers carry de ask for 50M ransom
Or make u get one terminal illness wey Reddington go use u chop with zero facilities

Too many uncertainties, may Nigeria not happen to you.

Meanwhile that 620k is less than £800, you can make such amount working 20hrs a week for 1month while still studying

Choose wisely my friend!!!
While Queen a Elizabeth's Woven TAXES will Eat More than Half of his Sary eventually.

Hmmm..

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by na2016: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2022
oluplus:

Can I PM if you don't mind

Yes, you are free to PM me.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:17pm On Aug 20, 2022
ndidibabe:
Don't go to the UK. You will suffer.

Please, stop saying this. Are you in the UK?

You'll suffer, you'll suffer, yet people are scampering and struggling to get a UK study visa yearly.

4 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by noCAP(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
ndidibabe:
Don't go to UK. You will suffer. CC justwise..
why?
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by bigtt76(f): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2022
After tax and pension that N620k go be like N450k. Subtract your costs - Transport, feeding, rent, fuel for electricity how much remain?

If you are staying in Lagos - how many hours do you spend in traffic daily to work?

Once you finish doing that calculation the feeling you get should decide your next move. All the best kiss

Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Please advise me on a serious matter.
Just got a JOB offer for 620k in a very reputable company and I am also processing Msc in UK. should i go ahead with job or keep old job and japa?

Old job pay 280k
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by bigtt76(f): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
Don't mind them - is it their suffer?

UyaiIncomparabl:

Please, stop saying this. Are you in the UK?

You'll suffer, you'll suffer, yet people are scampering and struggling to get a UK study visa yearly.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by barthmew(m): 8:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
Op I would advise, before you heed any suggestions here about leaving your current job and pursuing a MSC degree in UK, first consider the fact that level of exposure of a man determines its wanton inclinations cos man's only speak either from wealth of experience/wisdom or from the depth of desires/craving/deprivations
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by bigtt76(f): 8:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
Don't you wipe your own butt or won't you wipe that of your children or your wife if the need arise? Why not wipe one and earn instead of doing it free?

ednut1:
Can you get a job after the msc. No be say you go spend 10m con go dey wipe old man butt in uk care homes later o

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by bigtt76(f): 8:28pm On Aug 20, 2022
Does that 1600 pounds a month translate to 620k on offer in Nigeria? Do you know the other benefits a worker gets in the UK?

sukkot:
really ? doing what job grin grin grin The average wage in the UK is 24000 a year before taxes and 18000 after taxes. thats like 1600 a month

whats my point ? let the man stay in naija with his 600 k job. he is doing better than most in the uk
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by macAB: 8:29pm On Aug 20, 2022
[quote author=Validated post=115885862]
See another one. Poverty mentality.[Some Nigeria's are very deluded.A lot of my friends earn over 2million monthly in the aviation sector.Stop displaying mumuism

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by ednut1(m): 8:37pm On Aug 20, 2022
bigtt76:
Don't you wipe your own butt or won't you wipe that of your children or your wife if the need arise? Why not wipe one and earn instead of doing it free?

why are you triggered makes no sense leaving that offer to go for uk uncertainty na

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by darediamond(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
FalseProphet1:
Take the job in Nigeria, cos UK are currently going through hell if you go there I see you regretting your decision.

This I have seen.
I do not know why the so call educated always fail to see the Handwriting on the Wall.

OP wanna travel to a country that lives on taxes and to make matter worse, that country is at Proxy War With RUSSIA a Nation that indirectly dictates the balance in western Europe Economy.

This is why I always say being educated is not about a curing High Sounding Academically titles. It about Being TACTICAL, LOGICAL and TECHNICAL.

ONCE any being attains this 3 Key levels, you are educated readily as you will become A UNIVERSAL BEING.

God Forbid bad thing...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Acidosis(m): 8:41pm On Aug 20, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

Well, it's not about the salary he's earning now. I mean, people earn higher salaries. And with the inflation going bonkers by the day, and with one's standard of living, that money is likely to be next to nothing in a few years to come. Not everybody believes in the mantra of "No place like Nigeria".

Most likely, after his studies, he will fare better.

You're right. I don't have issues with his plans to relocate actually, especially given his choice of country. My opinion might be different if he had mentioned some other countries.

More importantly, he has to align his priorities with the reality. He is an electrical engineer so it might be necessary to study the lives/living condition of Nigerian born electrical engineers in his destination.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by EngrXrix(m): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Just got a JOB offer for 620k in a very reputable company and I am also processing Msc in UK. should i go ahead with job or keep old job and japa?

Old job pay 280k
Secure the 620k job first. U can defer the uk for 1yr u no go die. Its good to know ur value appreciates in your country.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by bigtt76(f): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
I'm not triggered just using your same analogy to question your thoughts.

I've shared tips to the OP and if after doing the math of the reality in Nigeria and compare to the UK let that feeling be the judge. Do not try to gaslight anyone into feeling bad about their choices. Also there's dignity in labor - whether cleaning old man's butt or not, choice of the job is not yours

ednut1:
why are you triggered makes no sense leaving that offer to go for uk uncertainty na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by DKM123: 9:00pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Old job pay 280k

A person who is intelligent enough to get a #620k job shouldn't be asking this kind of question. It's not even Canada that is sure you will get your PR and citizenship. It's UK where you will be booted out if you can't get a job that will sponsor you. Smh.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Missionaryab(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2022
Oga better JAPA come uk, I make almost that in a week in uk, don’t allow people discourage u bro,

3 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Uwaiwe: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Old job pay 280k
620k is not really a great salary though. Less than 1000k dollars. Uber drivers earn more in UK and even in UAE . I believe with a determined, optimistic mindset and a good Msc degree honourably acquired, You can land a better job In UK. I will advise you go for Msc. As far as the Msc is in a respectable in-demand field.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by afolayangs(m): 9:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
too many olodo on this thread. comfortable with 620k, insecurity, bad infrastructures? i am observing grin

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Tocco(m): 9:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
Defer your admission for a year, take the 620k job and travel after a year.. You would have saved something reasonable too

Ajakaiye83:
Hello folks,

Old job pay 280k

2 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by stankezzy: 9:47pm On Aug 20, 2022
If u leave a job of 300k to travel abroad your village people de on your matter, I no go even mention 500k talkless of 650k , do u know that bank managers earn between 250 to 300k after working for many years , do u know that professors earn 500k after teaching for almost 30 years,
U want to go to uk to go and master nonsense , when u finish , they will not employ u , u will still come back to Nigeria to be mastering around doing nothing ,
Is it jobs that d ruling class have shared within their family u want to come to get after u get your masters , go and check how many keke and uber drivers, and dangote truck drivers that have masters , as far as Nigeria is concerned that your master have no meaning ,our president all northern politicians and even politicians from other zones how many of them have degrees not to talk of master, taking advice from people that have not gone outside Nigeria will make u to make a wrong decision that u will regret, how many houses have u ever seen and they said this guy is staying in uk ,even d ones u will see they will tell u tha d guy have stayed 30 years in uk before doing just a little, America and Canada that is even far better than uk if u get 400k job in Nigeria , u don't need to travel , I am angry on your behalf, please don't make d same mistake I made.

1 Like

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by writeprof(m): 9:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
Anointedclass:
That's how I find it hard making my own decisions 2 years ago, now I dey find a way to come back to Nigeria

Tell us more please...it should be a story to learn from.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 10:12pm On Aug 20, 2022
bigtt76:
Does that 1600 pounds a month translate to 620k on offer in Nigeria? Do you know the other benefits a worker gets in the UK?

that 1600 take out rent 1000 and council tax 100 and transport 100 and food 200 and light 50 and water 50 and gas 50 and mobile phone 50 and tv license 20. you are left with absolutely nothing
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2022
MrOkenwa:

You're probably referring to Linea Nigra in your second description. Linea alba is that fascia at the midline of the abdomen. Anatomy sweet small.
thats what i said bro. that line area on the flesh turns black in pregnant black women if you observe
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Erums(m): 10:16pm On Aug 20, 2022
freshboi88:
Bros go to the UK. There are too many opportunities abroad. I have a federal job here in 9ja paying me about 100k+ but my online hustle as an IT guy rakes in about 7 times that. That means every month I make UpTo 800k.

But I am still planning to relocate to canada, because I am sure I can make 4 times that over there. Bro, don't let small money limit you o

Wanna learn
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
sukkot:
thats what i said bro. that line area on the flesh turns black in pregnant black women if you observe
Why the increase in pigmentation in that area?
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by freshboi88: 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2022
MT:

What percentage of people make 5000GBP per month in the UK?. Some people just write thoughtlessly.

I'm done with this thread.

Bro, stay there and continue asking me Jamb question, people are making money.
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by sukkot: 10:28pm On Aug 20, 2022
Ishilove:

Why the increase in pigmentation in that area?
its a good question Ishi

The exact cause isn't known, but most healthcare providers believe that the melanocyte-stimulating hormone created by the placenta causes melanin to rise during pregnancy. Melanin is responsible for giving your skin its color. This increase in melanin causes your skin to darken during pregnancy
Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by Lastanza: 10:37pm On Aug 20, 2022
Heathrow44:
Left for me i would say go 4 M.sc In Uk u can tell the company that u intend going for M.sc that the job can wait, when u re done with M.sc u re given 2yrs postgraduate Visa extension to look for job there and luckily if u get job u would be happy with the pay but if u don't when u come back to Nigeria with ur M.sc from a UK university, ur salary will quadruple, the 620k u re shouting would end up to be 2.4m monthly pay, tell d company offering u the job that u av already applied for masters program in UK but if they want they can keep d job opening till u return,

See human being reasoning. Tell the company this,tell the company that. Thay they should keep the job for him till whenever he returns. As per he is the only one in the entire whole world that can do the job.

Some people can overestimate themselves sha

5 Likes

Re: 620k Job In Nigeria Vs Msc In UK? Please Advise by StrikeBack(m): 11:14pm On Aug 20, 2022
sukkot:
that 1600 take out rent 1000 and council tax 100 and transport 100 and food 200 and light 50 and water 50 and gas 50 and mobile phone 50 and tv license 20. you are left with absolutely nothing
you keep mentioning £1k as rent. I know so many students paying between £250-300 monthly rent.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / In Portugal, It's Now Illegal For Your Boss To Call Outside Work Hours / 3 Jobs You Should Never Make Careers

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.