Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,167 members, 7,970,601 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 12:12 PM

Uk's Working Holiday Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk's Working Holiday Visa (2914 Views)

Countries Nigeria Can Go With Working Holiday Visa / What Would Happen If I Over Worked On My Working Holiday Visa / Does Anyone Have An Idea About Visa Appeals For Working Holiday Maker Permits? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk's Working Holiday Visa by yasiday: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
i need info on applying for a working hol. visa in the uk.
i have checked the uk website but i want to know if they grant nigerians such visa and how often or easily one can get it .

i am a regular traveller to the uk and i qualify to apply, i have a 2yrs visit visa and i would like to know if i can change it to a working hol. visa.

please, any one who has applied b4 should assist me on what to do and advise accordingly.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Vicjustice: 10:45pm On Aug 16, 2007
Since you're a "regular traveller to the uk, and you're qualify, and have a 2 years multiple visa", that means you must be familiar with the UK embassy. then, why do you need info about the UK visa here, in nairaland?
Why are you trying to make yourself enviably noticed?
People like you answer questions that they're not asked, just to make themselves noticed.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Angybabe(f): 12:57am On Aug 17, 2007
Vicjustice:

Since you're a "regular traveller to the uk, and you're qualify, and have a 2 years multiple visa", that means you must be familiar with the UK embassy. then, why do you need info about the UK visa here, in nairaland?
Why are you trying to make yourself enviably noticed?
People like you answer questions that they're not asked, just to make themselves noticed.
UK visa is different from UK visa.
The poor lad ask for assistance and ifyou dont know it just shut ya trap.
You are the one that is doing "notice me". Peace
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Dantecmu(m): 1:22am On Aug 17, 2007
guy am intrested in the WHV wouldnt mind gettin informations too am a regular and would love to knw if its the same way you apply for a regular visiting visa.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by PTH(m): 1:26am On Aug 17, 2007
dont come and join us to pack shit. Stay back and "love" Nigeria.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by yasiday: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2007
hello vicjustice,

how are u today. am sorry i annoyed u with my topic. i didnt intend to get noticed on nairaland. i love nairaland and i enjoy how pple express themselves here. so its okay u did too.

the fact that i have a 2yrs visiting visa is no guarantee for me to be totally confident. an hol working visa is totally diff. from a visit visa and has greater advantage than the visit.

i am not annoyed with your reply , however i believe u didnt understand what i was asking and why i posted this topic. nevertheless, i will explain better to u hoping u will understand me and clear ur assumptions.

with a whv , pple btw the ages of 17-30 get to remain in the uk for as long as 2 years legally. on the other hand , visit visa only allows a period of not more than 6 months at a time.

you are allowed to take employment for up to 1yr out of ur 2yrs hol and spend the rest sightseeing. that means you will be given an NI number.

you will also be allowed to open an account with any bank in the uk, get a contract phone if u like, attend short part time courses and move freely without fear of overstaying in the uk.

it is mostly for singles, however married pple can apply only if both are under 30 and they qualify accordingly. they will both have to apply at the same time.

finally, after the 2yrs of which the whv is not renewable, u will come back to niga. or u can switch over in the uk to either a work permit holder ,stay back as an innovator, switch to a student visa or apply for the hsmp scheme.

all these benefits and many more are attached to whv. so u see why it is totally diff from my 2yrs visit visa.

now i want to tell u why i am thinking of switching to whv.

although i can visit the uk anytime, i can afford that, but schooling in the uk is expensive and i desire to do my masters there , all i wanted to do is to change my visa so i can work legally to save for all or part of my school fees so that by the time am studying i wont have to work my head out.

my fear is that if i ask the embassy to cancel my visit visa and give me a working hol visa, won't they think i am trying to live in their country (as they always think of every visa applicant) and thereby refusing me one and still cancel the already existing one. cos i heard they do that too.

all i want to know is, if anyone has done same should pls advice me of the risk and possibilities open to nigerians for such visa.

visiting visa is hard to get , not to talk of working hol. visa.

vic my brother no vex o, na my fear and ignorance they make me ask . no hard feelings.

1 Like

Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Tats(m): 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2007
I do not know much about the WH visa, but my colleague back home in Nigeria got one a few years ago, so it is possible to get. If you are currently working, it would do you good to take a leave of absence (LOA) and show the LOA document to the embassy as part of your documentation when applying. That way, they will be expect that you have a job when you return to Nigeria, as they expect you to go to the UK and return back to Nigeria. Make sure you have some good money in your account, as they expect you to be able to take care of yourself for at least a few months without depending on goverrnment funds (in case you do not get a job immediately)

Also, I would advise that you put your well written CV in your application to show that you have qualifications/experience to get yourself a job in the UK. You do not need to ask them to cancel your other visa before applying for this visa. It is possible to have 2 valid UK visas at the same time in your passport. When you arrive here, all they will ask you is what is the purpose of your trip this time (since you have 2 different visas). Goodluck with your application.

Read this link again comprehensively before applying (I know you have read it before):
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&=1018721068240

And see the following link where people discuss WHV: http://www.workgateways.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=92bbb15e34fe8c7a41cb83dc45e34df8
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Tats(m): 12:58pm On Aug 17, 2007
And also, since it is Working Holiday Visa, remember to tell them that you have visited the UK before but have not had sufficient time to explore the various parts of the country, so you will like to spend some time visiting many cities/places and learning about the history/culture of the people in the UK, in addition to being able to do some work.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Vicjustice: 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2007
Yasiday, i get what you mean, my apology for my assessments of you due to your post, you see, there are lots of guys here who try to intimidate people with their travel achievements, such behaviours make Nigerians to be more desirous and determined to take desperate measures just to travel out.
  I want to commend the calmness you show in your reply, such a nonchalant attitude reveals that your claim is credible, other people who exaggerate their stands would retaliate insults in defence of their claims. I respect you.

I'm possitive that you'll get the visa since you're not in the category of people who give the ECO concern that they might not be trully interested in studies or that they might not return after their studies.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by yasiday: 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2007
thank you tats for all the info u supplied. however, i might have to drop the idea of whv and look for alternative means to get my tuition paid. i am not working for now. so i wont be able to produce a leave of absence letter and i dont have a solid bank statement personally. i thot i could simply use a sponsor. i wont want to risk anything.
all the same , thanks.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by Tats(m): 6:44pm On Aug 20, 2007
You are welcome. I think you've made the right decision.
Re: Uk's Working Holiday Visa by mssiah(m): 4:21pm On Oct 03, 2007
hi,

I am Nigerian and am presently in UK as a working holiday.In my own case I schooled in the United Kingdom cam back to Nigeria and applied for the working holiday.

You have to prove to the ECO.

1.Benefit of taking WHM
2.Intention to return (very important)
3.State places you intend to visit
4.What you plan to do after WHM
5.You must be 17-30 30 inclusive
HOWEVER I WOULD ADVISE THAT YOU GO FOR HSMP.BECAUSE ONCE YOU GET YOUR HSMP APPROVAL FROM UK.GETTING ENTRY CLEARANCE IS MUCH EASIER

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Appeal My Visa Decision / Can 2 Million Budget Take Me To Canada???? / US Visa Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.