Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,818 members, 7,918,635 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 01:05 PM

Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt (17087 Views)

2023: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt / 2019: Aggrieved APC Aspirants Activate Plan B / 60 Aggrieved APC Reps Announce Plan To Leave Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Arizonaz: 8:21am On Aug 22, 2022
SpecialEdition:
First time in Nigeria's history we are presented with two candidates, that majority of people hate, by the main political parties.
IT HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE

Which is going to be a rebirth of new Nigeria
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by MartinsD12(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2022
Nemere2020:
•Accuse Tinubu,Adamu of isolating stakeholders

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/aggrieved-apc-presidential-aspirants-senators-revolt/
It's only a hypocrite or a liar will say peter obi is going nowhere, urchins you can see this is coming from your senators in apc , they have acknowledge that obi is a big threat to not just una evil party apc but PDP also, weda una like am or not , you see 2023 Peter obi must win , if una think una go fit rig election will we stop all of you from rigging, we will never give apc or PDP space to rig come 2023 , you see this 2023 election we are fully prepared for anything, the will of the good people of Nigeria must count. Congratulations to a new Nigeria, am looking forward to new prosperous Nigeria where every Nigerian no matter your culture, religious belief, tribe will enjoy this country without discrimination, we go enjoy only with Mr Peter obi and baba Ahmed as president and vice respectively nothing out of this Nigeria is dead already but we won't allow that to happen, our billions of votes will change everything for Good.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Nobody: 8:33am On Aug 22, 2022
detectivejones:
I have always maintained that APC's choice of Tinubu is just a trap to shame the man and the south. The northeners will give their votes to their brother Atiku, forget the brouhaha that he is disliked in the north. This revolt by these so called 'aggrieved presidential aspirant, senators' shows their plan is in play.

It is dangerous for Atiku or any Northerner to replace Buhari after the contentious and extremely divisive years of our current President.

A southerner is needed to unite Nigeria. Also an Atiku win will simply be a signal to more hawkish Southern leaders that they must get out of Nigeria by all means possible or at least gain regional governance asap so they can control their own lives, direction and fortunes.

Many sensible, pragmatic and visionary Northerners know the above and will not work for Atiku because they see the bigger picture, even if you don't, to appreciate it is a very very dangerous development that will promote a lot of bad blood and be especially detrimental to the North.

In history, not many get away with leading an extremely disgruntled and 'oppressed' populace for long.

As things stand many Southerner feel it is not the turn of the North and any action or inaction of a Northern successor to Buhari will be amplified toxically and perhaps dangerously for Nigeria. Unrest, that southern leaders will exploit, may be the order of the day under Atiku and smart Northerners will know this.

The North, because of the myopic greed of a few Northerners, could be giving the south a historically significant reason to put differences aside, unite and liberate themselves from Northern 'tyranny' and "slavery" (Wike's word) once and for all.

I am personally not worried about an Atiku win because Nigeria would still be the winner, for different reasons, if he becomes President or if Tinubu wins.

Atiku's win might even work out better for the quicker attainment of what southerners now want from Nigeria. His emergence, if it becomes reality, will damage relationship between North and South for good which may not be a bad thing since such toxic division may be needed to unite more Nigerians behind what is shown below I personally feel is the way out for all of us.

Whoever is President is the last President of Nigeria as our nation is currently constituted. Rake that to the bank. In fact the Northern hawks know this and this is why they want the Presidency desperately through Atiku.

Yet if they get it then that is the bell, in a boxing fight, signalling that pleasantries are over and gladiators must come out to trade blows.

The South will secure the change of Nigeria's fundamental structure they want. It may just be that they will have to unite to force it, under Atiku, or gain it decorously under Tinubu.

Sensible Northern leaders will play a part and I am betting they will go all out to ensure Tinubu wins for the sake of future amicable relationshi with the South.

The North has been demystified. If you remember the tomato blockade of the North against against the South you will remember who blinked first because they need others more rather than the other way round.

That face off will be child's play compared to what we will see under the Dubai candidate Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Faiththatworks(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2022
ArcSEMPECJ:

This is actually the main reason why anybody supporting TINUBU must make sure TINUBU comes into Power, so that a new looting system will be developed for his boys to loot.....

TINUBU will not only cripple this country, he will be so confused that Religious Bigotry will swallow his Government and looting of Federal Treasury will take a new dimension ...
That is why people supporting TINUBU are mostly seen as the enemies of Nigeria.....

I don't always like replying people statement but again I totally refuse to agree that Asiwaju will cripple Nigeria with looting of our resources.
Looting of our resources has always been ongoing since Nigeria was created in 1914.
The colonial masters looted this great country and hand it over to the politicans when they left in 1960.
The politicans in 1960 were still perfecting the art of looting when the Khaki men took over in 1966.
From 1966 to 1999,the Khaki men fed so fat on the loot,that they refused to leave the honey pot until Nigerians revolted and pushed them away.
The Khaki men fortunately left it to the politicans who have now prefected the art of looting.
When you now try to make it seem that Asiwaju will try to do anything new in looting the country,that's where I totally disagree.
Looting in Nigeria is very crude and unplanned infact it's very disorganized,and I think it's time we start accepting some realities about Nigeria.
Let me give you a quick fact, Privatization is an easy way of looting the country to make it look official.
Give government assets to your croonies and still give this same croonies soft loans to make the assests functional.
Asiwaju isn't coming to loot Nigeria but I'm sure there are many crude and unsystematic looting that will be stoped in Nigeria.
Why don't we block all these looting channels and make it official, infact provide jobs to unemployed graduates through these channels,and that's something Asiwaju is wonderful at doing.
As for Bigotry and tribalism, Asiwaju isn't a bigot or a tribalist,there are traits you can never hide when you are leading people.
Asiwaju has never displayed those triaits at anytime in his life,I don't think he will start displaying it at the latter part of his life.
A bigot is a bigot,it's a trait that will comes out in his speech or in his utterance over the years.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by eguarojeona: 8:35am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed as President of Nigeria.
The Sun write-ups are always titled towards making it seem Peter Obi has any chance of becoming the president of Nigeria,same as what the Nation newspaper does also by trying to give favorable write-up to Asiwaju.
This Sun article though is very non-sensical and the editor that allowed it to be published should be sanctioned.
I'm beginning to see the Hand of Sen Orji Kalu lamenting all over the write-ups of the Sun Newspaper.
Sen Kalu unfortunately lined up behind Sen Ahmed Lawan during the presidential election and lost terribly,but yet expects Asiwaju to give his opponents a major role during the presidential election.
That's why I love Asiwaju, thank God APC didn't elect Prof Osinbajo,or Gov Ameachi as Presidential Aspirant,they would have been held hostage by these power brockers like the unnamed Northern Senator in the article.
The Senator should know it's time for a new set of looters to come into power,they have eaten and swallowed their own share of the National cake,let Asiwaju bring a new set of people to the table to eat their own.
God bless Nigeria.
And mr tinubu bias Asiwaju is not a looter? Iydgdf
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Themandator: 8:45am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
I always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed as President of Nigeria.
The Sun write-ups are always titled towards making it seem Peter Obi has any chance of becoming the president of Nigeria,same as what the Nation newspaper does also by trying to give favorable write-up to Asiwaju.
This Sun article though is very non-sensical and the editor that allowed it to be published should be sanctioned.
I'm beginning to see the Hand of Sen Orji Kalu lamenting all over the write-ups of the Sun Newspaper.
Sen Kalu unfortunately lined up behind Sen Ahmed Lawan during the presidential election and lost terribly,but yet expects Asiwaju to give his opponents a major role during the presidential election.
That's why I love Asiwaju, thank God APC didn't elect Prof Osinbajo,or Gov Ameachi as Presidential Aspirant,they would have been held hostage by these power brockers like the unnamed Northern Senator in the article.
The Senator should know it's time for a new set of looters to come into power,they have eaten and swallowed their own share of the National cake,let Asiwaju bring a new set of people to the table to eat their own.
God bless Nigeria.

Thank you but Tinubu is not fit to be president.. His impeachment is a piece of cake because just like he is in hiding now from the media so shall be in his presidency.... His condition isn't getting any better

https://twitter.com/renoomokri/status/1561374370207043585?t=SHxYoP-lsOEhq63UGwBLLA&s=19

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Kagd10: 8:54am On Aug 22, 2022
AtikuOkowa:
PDP is winning

Will only rule you in the North. Sink that into your skull.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Proudlyomonna: 8:56am On Aug 22, 2022
They should scatter everything pkatapkata.
The fall of Apc is victory for the common man.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 22, 2022
eguarojeona:
And mr tinubu bias Asiwaju is not a looter? Iydgdf

What state are you from? Tell us so we can know your saintly governor and how he turned your state of origin into the 5th biggest economy in Africa that Nigerians from all corners of our nation relocate to daily in many thousands.

You guys will just hate people to be ignoring reality and lying shamelessly. How will a character like you not loot and misrule in power when you are fundamentally crooked in nature and incapable of working with the truth and reality?

Abeg in which State is looting not going on in Nigeria? Yet Lagos, because of Tinubu and his successors, remain the only State moving forward appreciably despite the reality of Nigeria.

Lagos , under Tinubu also quickly transformed into the only Nigerian State that can survive indefinitely without federal crude allocation. In short, Nigeria is essentially about Lagos today thanks to Tinubu.

If what we have seenis proof of looting then let Tinubu "loot" Nigeria like that. If what most Nigerians State leaders are doing or have done, like Obi, is 'progressive then let them retain that in their region because , for Nigeria, we do not want Obi's type of 'progressive' leadership that has made Anambra folks some of the largest number of migrants to Lagos since 1999.

Atiku too should run to lead Dubai where he lives in 3 years out of every 4 for o era a decade now.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Adande3310(m): 9:02am On Aug 22, 2022
Anytime i hear APC mata like dis notin gimme joy pass AHMED LAWAL and AKPABIO say we no go see dem for senate again....... shocked shocked shocked shocked

But i dey cry if i reason am say BUBU go hand over to TIFNUBU
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 22, 2022
Kagd10:

Will only rule you in the North. Sink that into your skull.

They all don't know what they are asking for supporting Atiku's extremely insensitive and desperate challenge coming immediatly after Buhari's Presidency many Southerners believe denied them the chance to defend themselves optimally and deliberately impeded their socio-economic capacity in favour of the North.

Unlike most Southerners, I am not worried about an Atiku Presidency as I know what it will surely precipitate for Nigeria which won't be a bad thing anyway given that the best and most transformational changes have to be fought for sometimes when backs are against the wall and a man cannot retreat further.

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by gbassey90(m): 9:41am On Aug 22, 2022
Just imagine what a sensible human being could be spewing from his gultar. come and give ur grandfather the power lets see. Y has the support for Tinubu has turned most of the enlightened Yorubas to become Docile because of ethnic cleavages. U all will be surprised this time. What is written on the write up above is just the true situation of events as we speak. Go and verify for urself

author=Faiththatworks post=115935879]I always start by making my bias very clear,I will vote Asiwaju Bola Ahmed as President of Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Owologbo(m): 10:30am On Aug 22, 2022
Whois:
Be guided please
Stop all these rubbish. campaign for your candidate without mentioning the other two old men. Obi warned you and your likes carry out issue based campaign. Don't behave like the other agbero party that thrive in insult.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2022
Nemere2020:
•Accuse Tinubu,Adamu of isolating stakeholders

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/aggrieved-apc-presidential-aspirants-senators-revolt/
garfield1
Do you agree with this analysis
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Whois(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2022
Ok, this is what I have to say to to and your likes
Owologbo:

campaign for your candidate without mentioning the other two old men.

Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Indispensable85(m): 11:34am On Aug 22, 2022
The governors control the party in the state. The senators have no level and that's why majority didn't return. They should go and sleep jooor.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Agboriotejoye(m): 11:51am On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:

I don't always reply people on Nairaland because I believe replies always descend quickly to insults,but I will take an exception to reply your insults.
Only a very naive Nigerian will believe our politicians are not looters.
Whoever becomes president of Nigeria will make an appointment of close to 100000 people across the country,from board appointment to ambassadorial selection,from universities to even the CBN and even parastals you don't even know exist,yet you think everyone of them will be a saint.
Nigeria unfortunately is at the point where selfish accumulation of wealth is perceived as a norm,so everyone is at the table to loot.
I will not parrot the idea that one Man anywhere will change the narrative of this great country,that idea died for me with Baba Buhari.
One Man's uncorruptible stance will be nullified by a thousand corrupt voices.
I repeat again, Asiwaju should be allowed to open the door to another set of looters to have their own share of the national cake,or you think Alh Atiku or Mr Peter Obi will not bring on board their own set of looters to the table.
Stop living in your fantasy world of idealism and Utopia,and accept Nigeria the way it's.
God bless Nigeria.
It shows you never believed in anti-corruption if you built your idea of anti-corruption on one man.
It also shows you voted wrongly and out of ignorance in 2015 and 2019 if you admit that the main pivot of that decision was ultimately not achieved.
Why do you then think this your new concept will work?
Anti-corruption is a concept that many countries have imbibed and thrived upon centuries over. The failure of one man, or should I say his pretentious bendings does not invalidate hope of a minimally corrupt society.
If anything, it shows that NOI was right when she said strong institutions can fight corruption not strong men.
Opening our vault to new looters will not save the country too. This concept of cronyism has been the bane of this country from independence. Looters have changed hands consistently, and the country has progressively declined for it.
Anti-corruption instead of being abandoned must be entrenched. Not only that, cronyism must be totally done away with. Only the best minds with the best ideas can drive an organisation forward not to mention a country.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Agboriotejoye(m): 12:02pm On Aug 22, 2022
candidtalk:

What state are you from? Tell us so we can know your saintly governor and how he turned your state of origin into the 5th biggest economy in Africa that Nigerians from all corners of our nation relocate to daily in many thousands.

You guys will just hate people to be ignoring reality and lying shamelessly. How will a character like you not loot and misrule in power when you are fundamentally crooked in nature and incapable of working with the truth and reality?

Abeg in which State is looting not going on in Nigeria? Yet Lagos, because of Tinubu and his successors, remain the only State moving forward appreciably despite the reality of Nigeria.

Lagos , under Tinubu also quickly transformed into the only Nigerian State that can survive indefinitely without federal crude allocation. In short, Nigeria is essentially about Lagos today thanks to Tinubu.

If what we have seenis proof of looting then let Tinubu "loot" Nigeria like that. If what most Nigerians State leaders are doing or have done, like Obi, is 'progressive then let them retain that in their region because , for Nigeria, we do not want Obi's type of 'progressive' leadership that has made Anambra folks some of the largest number of migrants to Lagos since 1999.

Atiku too should run to lead Dubai where he lives in 3 years out of every 4 for o era a decade now.
First of all, it is not true that Lagos is the fifth biggest economy in Africa. But even if it were, I don't think it has anything to do with Tinubu who left Lagos 15 years ago. Nigerian economy improved massively under Obasanjo and Yaradua govts and if anything, Lagos was the biggest beneficiary. Our banking, telecoms, oil and gas sectors experienced major leaps in those years and I don't think Tinubu had anything to do with the leaps in those sectors.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Owologbo(m): 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
Whois:
Ok, this is what I have to say to to and your likes

I'm an Obi supporter, but no one convince people to support them with insults.
Have you seen Obi insulting his opponent?
people like you are the ones giving him and others bad name.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by DWickedLandLord: 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.

I think some people call this Sense Mixed With Nonsense

lol
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by DWickedLandLord: 12:11pm On Aug 22, 2022
NgeneUkwenu:
Sponsored article as usual...They always use The Sun newspapers or the thenewtelegraph newspapers.. grin grin grin

Or The Nation

That you so conveniently forgot of course
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by DukeofUmueri247: 12:50pm On Aug 22, 2022
Parachoko:
My vote is for Asiwaju.

I hope you will vote for a person with a track record and don't get carried away with propaganda.
Yea..We will vote for a person with a track record of giving us Buhari,a failure personified..
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by SisterAnn(f): 1:18pm On Aug 22, 2022
CockAndBullStor:
For more jokes text OBI to 419 cheesy

We've mapped out our plans. All you okoros causing menace everywhere would be decapitated when the time comes. If you see 2% vote from this region, thank your stars.
There's no precedence Mr skull miner. Infact you are jittery.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by CockAndBullStor: 2:01pm On Aug 22, 2022
SisterAnn:
There's no precedence Mr skull miner. Infact you are jittery.
Says Ms. Cannibal cheesy
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by teepain: 2:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
CockAndBullStor:
For more jokes text OBI to 419 cheesy

We've mapped out our plans. All you okoros causing menace everywhere would be decapitated when the time comes. If you see 2% vote from this region, thank your stars.

The part of your post in bold refers. I implore you to be mindful of your words. 'Decapitation' is too strong a word to use because of electoral differences. We are first human before any other thing. Though we may assume that these online exchanges are 'mere' banters and cruise; but they have a great deal of effect on the subconscious. God bless you.
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Whoknowsme: 4:59pm On Aug 22, 2022
Faiththatworks:
God bless Nigeria.
Are you not tired?
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by Ray02: 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2022
Melonsmasher:

Isn't this a typical example of a m0r0n
You sef see am, some people are just shameless mhen
Re: Aggrieved APC Presidential Aspirants, Senators Revolt by eguarojeona: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2022
candidtalk:

Lol.My state and my region is the one feeding nigeria since the 1950's .Lagos people and lagos this lagos that. If not for the niger delta one Nigerian like this would not be there.i am sure originally you are not even a lagosian.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Shehu Sani Reacts To AG Revelation Of N1Tri Fraud In MDAs / One Hundred Days After Buhari - By Garba Shehu. / Shehu Sani Donates A House To Fityanu Islam First Aid Group(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.