Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,117 members, 7,943,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:33 PM

Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores (2027 Views)

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) / Woman Hails Man Who Helps His Wife With House Chores. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by ImaIma1(f): 10:27pm On Aug 22, 2022
So washing his own clothes is now a chore for him. What happened to washing machine or dry cleaner? Some men think marrying a wife is equals to acquiring a maid.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by ETIIKO: 10:57pm On Aug 22, 2022
If you need a happy family and want to sustain your marriage to last longer please assist your wife in whatever task and capacity you can at home. Do not listen side talk. Thank you
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by jesmond3945: 7:25am On Aug 23, 2022
Zonefree:
As a man, do whatever you like or want in your marriage but please don't wash plates.
didnt you eat from the plate?

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Francisanointed(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2022
ETIIKO:
If you need a happy family and want to sustain your marriage to last longer please assist your wife in whatever task and capacity you can at home. Do not listen side talk. Thank you
Sometimes it is better not to give listening ears to third parties

2 Likes

Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Helpout12345: 4:08pm On Aug 23, 2022
It is not a bad thing if the wife is overwhelmed. It is the primary responsibility of the woman in the house.

Just like funding and providing for the family is the primary responsibility of the husband. The wife too can help the man in funding if the man will be overwhelmed.
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Helpout12345: 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2022
I also think it depends on the society and culture where the marriage was formed.

In Nigeria and Africa, my advise is same as up there.

But in western world, its different. No one has house chores or financial responsibilities assigned in western culture marriages. That's their culture.

And Nigerians should stop importing everything foreign including marriage cultures.
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Ibechris2: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2022
Zonefree:
As a man, do whatever you like or want in your marriage but please don't wash plates.

So,if u wash plate u will die? U see ur life.

I have a nanny and I still wash plate and that is what I don't like to see unwash in my house and I don't complain.
If I enter the kitchen now,the first thing i do is help out irrespective of who is there,be it my wife,my daughter or nanny.

There is absolutely nothing in this life oh...I just feel u guys attached alot of ego to yourselves at home.

Take it easy,she is your wife and not your slave ok.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Nobody: 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2022
ImaIma1:

When he got married, he felt he acquired a maid.

Nigerian marriage matter dey always tire person.
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Acidosis(m): 6:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
Any man that is too busy to do chores in his house should be able to pay for such services. If you're too busy such that you're unable to contribute anything (material or immaterial) in your home, then you and your busyness are useless to your home and mankind.
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Nobody: 8:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
Why is this even a question?. Too much ego go kill the black man!
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by ImaIma1(f): 5:46pm On Aug 24, 2022
truthsayer009:

Nigerian marriage matter dey always tire person.

The traditional and rigid mindset of some men is the problem. If not, indeed no crime in doing chores in your own house.
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by slan87(m): 5:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Francisanointed:
A friend of mine told his friend that he is behaving like woman wrapper, simply because he always assist his wife with chores. For instance, if the woman is cooking and washing plate,the man will voluntarily sweep or wash his personal clothes. His wife once told me that her husband usually assist him with house chores before but he stopped because people advice him that is not traditional.
As a Christian, I feel one should voluntarily assist your wife with chores. Though some women tend to use this avenue to "make it compulsory thing" which ought not to be so. I think men or husbands should assist their wives in housechores. Assisting the woman doesn't make you man-less but it shows that you truly love your wife.

It's good but shouldn't be on a regular basis.
Re: Is It Bad To Assist Your Wife Or Fiancee With House Chores by Kobojunkie: 8:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
Skyview01:
Why is this even a question?. Too much ego go kill the black man!
Africa's one and only "blessing".... the ego on the black man. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

As A Mother Can You Tell Your Daugther The Story Of How You Were Disvirgined / Congratulations To Obinoscopy - Winner Of The Family Section Debate / Is Being A Pastor Or An Imam A Guarantee Of A Happy Home?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.