Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,867 members, 7,973,007 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 05:06 AM

Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments (545 Views)

Atiku: I Will Hand Over Power To A Young President / Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting / Atiku: I Don't Smoke, I Don't Drink, I Stopped Womanizing; I'm Romantic (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Govts – Atiku
Kayode Oyero
Updated August 22, 2022

The Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential candidate in the 2023 elections, Atiku Abubakar, has said he will hand over Federal Government-owned universities to state governments.

The 75-year-old Adamawa-born politician stated this on Monday as a panelist at the opening ceremony of the 2022 Nigerian Bar Association’s Annual General Conference held at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos.

The conference, with the theme ‘Bold Transitions’, began on Monday and will run until August 26.

Speaking on Monday during the panel session aired live on Channels Television, Atiku said the Federal Government does not have infinite resources.

“The only way is to make sure that you make conducive environment available to both foreign and local investors to participate in our country, whether it is infrastructure, whether it is education, whether it is power,” he said.

“I had an argument with a university professor from Federal University, Lokoja. He said he read in my policy document that I intended to devolve, in other words, to return education to the states. How dare do I do that?

“I said, ‘Mr Professor, do you realise that the first set of our universities belong to the regional governments?’ He said, ‘Yes’. I said who are the successors of the regional government? He said the states.

“I said the children you send to America, to England, who own those universities? Mostly the private sector. So, why is it that you think we cannot do it here? We don’t have the money.”

The Academic Staff Union of Universities has been on strike since February 14 over improved welfare, revitalisation of public universities and academic autonomy among other demands.

Students of public tertiary universities have been out of the classroom since the lecturers downed tools.

ASUU embarked on a similar industrial action for nine months in 2020.

Meanwhile, many politicians and government officials have been pictured overseas at the graduation of their children in schools abroad, even during the ongoing ASUU strike, a development that has been criticised and described as insensitive by rights activists and many concerned Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:32pm On Aug 22, 2022
It means he will privatize all federal universities and NNPC.

He will continue to give away federal government institutions at cheap price from where Obasanjo stopped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Felimax(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22, 2022
Very few will understand the wisdom behind it.

Welcome the new President of the federal republic, when he talks he speaks solutions. Very bold and daring.

Salute!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:38pm On Aug 22, 2022
Felimax:

Welcome the new President of the federal republic, when he talks he speaks solutions. Very bold and daring.

Salute!

And tertiary education will be for the rich alone creating classes and wide gap between the rich and the poor. Frustrated poor will take up arms and declare war on the rich just like boko haram.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by GoooodHardDick: 5:40pm On Aug 22, 2022
This is the more reason why old dead brains like Tinubu and Atiku can never rule Nigeria.

Imagine what this one is saying! Abeg Make sure you collect your original PVCs and let's vote massively for peter Obi come 2023!!!!

It is time to kick these old ancestors out of there. Nigeria needs someone with vision for the country and that person is Peter Obi
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by GoooodHardDick: 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2022
Felimax:

Salute!

Which stupid and silly wisdom is behind it? Oga this is complete foolishness and no wisdom in it at all.

How many parents can afford to send their children to State own universities? Most parents sent their children to federal university because federal universities are expected to be far cheaper than State universities.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Jashub: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2022
He is already getting ready to share Nigeria to his friends and family members. This plan alone should wake the Nigerian youth to know that this country is not a cake that should be shared between a particular group of people

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Which stupid and silly wisdom is behind it? Oga this is complete foolishness and no wisdom in it at all.

How many parents can afford to send their children to State own universities? Most parents sent their children to federal university because federal universities are expected to be far cheaper than State universities.

Poor people will become second class citizens.

The gap between the rich and the poor will wide.

Certificate is the only instrument connecting the children of the rich and the poor in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Mstick: 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
Meanwhile.......

Shettima said he will handle security while Tinubu will handle the economy.

Which means Shettima will be the GCFR while Tinubu will be the treasury looter.

Vote wisely!
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by GoooodHardDick: 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
Biodun556:

Poor people will become second class citizens.

The gap between the rich and the poor will wide.

Certificate is the only instrument connecting the children of the rich and the poor in Nigeria

My brother Children of the Rich has no connection with the poor in Nigeria.

In nature, the rich associates with the rich, Same goes to the poor. We must ensure Atiku and Tinubu must not win however their chances are slim as the entire country is now OBIDIENT.

We say no to old dead brains.

1 Like

Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by mrvitalis(m): 5:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
Biodun556:

And tertiary education will be for the rich alone creating classes and wide gap between the rich and the poor. Frustrated poor will take up arms and declare war on the rich just like boko haram.
Education has never been for the poor that's why scholarship exists sir
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
mrvitalis:

Education has never been for the poor that's why scholarship exists sir

Keep isolating the poor and face your insecurity
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by mrvitalis(m): 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
Biodun556:

Keep isolating the poor and face your insecurity
Nah that's why vocational training centers are important ...if I can't go to school I learn a skill hustle hard so my kids can ...I would live off well enough even with my skills
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:55pm On Aug 22, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

My brother Children of the Rich has no connection with the poor in Nigeria.
In nature, the rich associates with the rich, Same goes to the poor. We must ensure Atiku and Tinubu must not win however their chances are slim as the entire country is now OBIDIENT.

We say no to old dead brains.

Dangote a rich man set up multi Billion dollar refineries, invite a applicants for job. Brilliant children of poor who attended federal universities pass the interview and get the job on merit.

I hope you understand
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 5:56pm On Aug 22, 2022
mrvitalis:

Nah that's why vocational training centers are important ...if I can't go to school I learn a skill hustle hard so my kids can ...I would live off well enough even with my skills

They will be discriminated against. Just HND and Bachelor graduates problem now
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Blue3k(m): 5:58pm On Aug 22, 2022
Biodun556:

Lol stop the hysterics about these imaginary poor people. the bandits are taking arms against them and politicians rob their relatives paychecks and pensions yet they haven't shot anyone. Just be ready to tell them to pay higher tuition or consider alternative like trades. Welding, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, coding etc.
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Biodun556(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol stop the hysterics about these imaginary poor people. the bandits are taking arms against them and politicians rob their relatives paychecks and pensions yet they haven't shot anyone. Just be ready to tell them to pay higher tuition or consider alternative like trades. Welding, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, coding etc.

You will have to consider the percentage of the Poor to the rich.

If the poor is 70% then their will be problem.
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by mrvitalis(m): 6:13pm On Aug 22, 2022
Biodun556:

They will be discriminated against. Just HND and Bachelor graduates problem now
HND is only discriminated against in work force ...white collar jobs ...I mean vocational training centers that train people for blue collar jobs
Re: Atiku: I Will Hand Over Federal Universities To State Governments by Mynd44: 6:19pm On Aug 22, 2022

(1)

APC Supporter Wants Shettima To Takeover Just Like Jonathan / Money Rain In Onitsha Two Million Man March For Peter Obi / Why Does Pitobi Supporters Have Soft Spot For PDP?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.