Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,114 members, 7,973,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:25 AM

Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation (8131 Views)

Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / Diezani Alison-madueke’s Neighbours Relieved / Buhari Turns Down Former Petroleum Minister Alison-madueke Offer To Refund $250m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 07, 2011
Beaf:

Even in the West, 99% of CV's are "hyped." Everyone does it.

and in the west, what happens when a hyped cv is outed?

does everyone accuse oil companies or newspapers of an agenda, or do they resign?

i guess since everybody loots the nigerian treasury, that is alright too. such is the logic of the spin and spellers

the same people defending this will be the same people whining about mediocre abokis in positions of authority. so whats the difference? the fact that the abokis chose not 'hype' themselves?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by ektbear: 10:47am On Aug 07, 2011
There was that black woman who started off low at some job in an ivy league school, but lied on her resume to get the job.

She eventually rose to the top position in the admissions department of the school. When it was found out that she lied 30 years earlier for the entry level position, she was fired.

I'd find the article, but my google-fu seem to be failing me atm.

I dunno, if you are low-level you can probably get away with it. But I think most prominent people who falsify their achievements here eventually get outed and caught.

Certainly at the level of CEO, VP, federal/state/etc government level, you'd get in trouble if you were found to be a liar
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 07, 2011
ekt_bear:

I dunno, if you are low-level you can probably get away with it. But I think most prominent people who falsify their achievements here eventually get outed and caught.

Certainly at the level of CEO, VP, federal/state/etc government level, you'd get in trouble if you were found to be a liar

in naija , everybody just bitches that it is the work of their opponents and it blows over

if this were the west madam minister would have been sacked a long time ago

this is for those who spread the lie that she does not have oil majors interests at heart

http://www.randburg.com/nigeria/diezani-alison-madueke.asp

Mrs Alison-Madueke joined Shell Petroleum Development Company in 1992 as Head of the Project Unit of the Estate Development Division in Lagos, supervising the refurbishing and Maintenance of the company’s real estate in Lagos, Abuja and Jos.

She later moved to the External Affairs Directorate as Head of the newly instituted Corporate Issues Identification and Management Department.

In 2002, Mrs Alison-Madueke was awarded the prestigious British Foreign and Commonwealth Chevening Scholarship and proceeded on sabbatical leave to the Cambridge Judge Business School (then called “Judge Institute of Management”), Cambridge University Hughes Hall, UK, where she obtained an MBA in 2003.

On her return, she was appointed Shell Nigeria’s Senior JV Relations Adviser for Strategy and Planning and then Lead Ventures Relations Adviser, managing the company’s relations and reputation amongst its Joint Venture partners.

In 2006, in recognition of her track record of excellence, she was appointed to the board of Shell Petroleum Development Company Nigeria Limited, as External Affairs Director, making her the first female to be so appointed in the history of Shell Petroleum Development Company’s business practice in Nigeria.

thats the woman the spin and spellers say shell and co are out for - a person who has been in the system for over a decade
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by edoyad(m): 10:59am On Aug 07, 2011
oyb:

and in the west, what happens when a hyped cv is outed?

does everyone accuse oil companies or newspapers of an agenda, or do they resign?

i guess since everybody loots the nigerian treasury, that is alright too. such is the logic of the spin and spellers

the same people defending this will be the same people whining about mediocre abokis in positions of authority. so whats the difference? the fact that the abokis chose not 'hype' themselves?

please don't get the facts twisted here. Did Howard university say she never earned a degree there ?
What is in dispute here is the year in which she graduated. Big difference, in fact not even remotely similar.
Not the case of someone presenting a certificate from the University of Darfur. Besides we're still waiting to hear her own side of the story.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 07, 2011
please don't get the facts twisted here. Did Howard university say she never earned a degree there ?
What is in dispute her the year she in which she graduated. Big difference, in fact not even remotely similar.
Not the case of someone presenting a certificate from the University of Darfur. Besides we're still waiting to hear her own side of the story.

maybe you should read the article instead of defending perjury

Mrs Alison-Madueke claimed she obtained her Bachelor’s in Architecture from Howard in 1987 when she was 27. She also created the impression that she had more post-graduation experience than she actually had.

Mrs Alison-Madueke’s critics say this career narratives are now in doubt.

“You can’t build something on nothing,” said an official of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, who is peeved that President Goodluck Jonathan proceeded to reappoint the minister despite the weighty allegations of corruption hanging on her neck. “Since she lied about her graduation date, she must have lied about her work history as well.” Going by this new revelation that she only made it out of the university in 1992, Mrs Alison-Madueke has barely one-year post-graduation work experience before she was hired as a unit head in Shell.

A curious sex record

Another bizarre aspect of Mrs. Alison-Madueke’s record with Howard was that the university believed she was male until she applied for a change of status sometime in 2010.
   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

In a subsequent correspondence, the Howard University spokesperson further explained, “our alumni database shows an update to married and female in 2010.” “This database,” Ms Hamilton stated, “is different from the records database. It is most current. The records database showed what applicants indicate prior to enrolling.” It is not clear whether Mrs Alison-Madueke deliberately applied to Howard as a male or whether it was the university that jumbled her records. The minister rebuffed an opportunity to state her own side of the story.

people like you keep whining about nigeria - but look at what you're defending - everybody falsifies their personal records, its no big deal - then wonder why nigerians are vilified the world over as 419ers. abeg who knows where edoyad works? seems its a beehive of false certificates. if anyone starts a probe the next thing we will hear is wickedness

our honorable minister is getting smacked by the truism - 1 lie requires 10 to back it up. who knows just how many more lies next will turn up. lets hope that chevening scholarship is for real.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by edoyad(m): 11:20am On Aug 07, 2011
oyb:

maybe you should read the article instead of defending perjury

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

people like you keep whining about nigeria - but look at what you're defending - everybody falsifies their personal records, its no big deal - then wonder why nigerians are vilified the world over as 419ers. abeg who knows where edoyad works? seems its a beehive of false certificates. if anyone starts a probe the next thing we will hear is wickedness

our honorable minister is getting smacked by the truism - 1 lie requires 10 to back it up. who knows just how many more lies next will turn up. lets hope that chevening scholarship is for real.

I don't work for NNPC if that's what you're implying. What i know is that i've seen many of such cases before and it's only a matter of time before the truth is all out.
Afterall, even Obama "tricked the US into believing he was born there", didn't he ?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 07, 2011
edoyad:

I don't work for NNPC if that's what you're implying. What i know is that i've seen many of such cases before and it's only a matter of time before the truth is all out.

so if its only a matter of time since the truth is out, why are you making excuses and defending it?

edoyad:

afterall, even Obama "tricked the US into believing he was born there", didn't he ?

obama did what? the desperate shenanigans of some comedian republicans is the high point o your argument?

1 Like

Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by hollandis(f): 11:30am On Aug 07, 2011
if her credentials were not falsified ,then y'll should shut the fork up.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by edoyad(m): 11:35am On Aug 07, 2011
oyb:

so if its only a matter of time since the truth is out, why are you making excuses and defending it?  

obama did what? the desperate shenanigans of some comedian republicans is the high point o your argument?

grin Real funny you know, what would you call their Nigerian counter parts then ?
And what exactly is the high point of your own argument ? A news story from a faceless, web based news outfit  with it's own dubious past  ?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
edoyad:

grin Real funny you know, what would you call their Nigerian counter parts then ?
And what exactly is the high point of your own argument ? A news story from a faceless, web based news outfit  with it's own dubious past  ?

i guess that says it all

i did not realize how abysmally ignorant you are about 234Next

234next - the only paper with the cojones to report that yardua was brain dead in saudi arabia, the paper that gave us the full scoop on the wikileaks nigerian cables is a faceless, web based outfit with its own dubious past?

wetin we no go hear from apologists for incompetence and duplicity? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by edoyad(m): 12:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
saharareporters.com/letter/criminal-activities-234nextcom
Criminal Activities At
234NEXT.com Posted: March 21, 2011 - 13:57 By Tosin Badmus Timbuktu Media Ltd,
publishers of NEXT
Newspapers, has been
involved in some sharp
practices as regards employee
welfare that the government, and society need to know of: Pensions - The company has fragrantly flouted the pension
laws. The
stipulated deductions are
made from staff salaries and
not remitted into
their pension accounts. Most of the approximately 200
workers of the company
have just the payments of
about 4months pensions
remitted into their pension
accounts in close to 30 months of work. Tax - The statutory deductions are also made from
staff salaries (some
workers are in fact over
taxed), however, regular
payments are not made to
the Lagos State Internal Revenue Service. Staff of the
company have not been
issued any tax cards in close to
3 years of operations. Salaries/Allowances - Staff are also owed salaries and
allowances
arbitrarily. The company has,
from day one, flouted the
contractual agreements it
reached with workers. More worrisome, staff who
were victims of a downsizing
undertaken by the company
last year, are yet to be paid
their salaries and allowances
owed them.
@oyb, what we have up there is what a fellow 'web' publication had to say about next. Should we take that as gospel truth too ?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 07, 2011
edoyad:

@oyb, what we have up there is what a fellow 'web' publication had to say about next. Should we take that as gospel truth too ?

is that the pathetic best you can come up with?

lets start from the beginning

234Next is a full fledged newspaper based in nigeria. in the event that any party believes they are publishing falsehood, they are free to sue

i'm sure like so many other apologists for the incompetence of the GEJ administration , you were cheering next when they fearlessly published the truth - that yardua was brain dead in saudi arabia. now that the most incompetent president ever is in the seat, next is supposed to turn a blind eye - coming from someone who regularly has nothing good to say about northerners , it shows you for what you really are - a bigot who would make excuses for any other tribe - it happens all over the world

small wonder soyinka said when the rot is evident at the top

last year the gej administration threatened to do just that if the story the vice president voted four times was not retracted.

well, it was not retracted, and nothing happened

more to the point, next has been in financial difficulties for a long time. that happens when you're a paper that takes on the establishment rather than making pathetic excuses like everybody does it so its no biggie

NEXT have a far more professional bent than SR. it is really shameful that you are attempting to lump them together

finally, is it too much for you to post a link to the actual article on SR?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Beaf: 1:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Lol!
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 07, 2011
http://saharareporters.com/letter/criminal-activities-234nextcom

long hiss

its not an article by SR, it a published LETTER from a person tosin badmus whose google search hits include fansforgoodluck

nuff said

those who support government of dullards by dullards for dullards / of liars by liars for liars are free to keep laughing and loling

its their turn to be as useless as the northern vampires they keep whining about - and they are doing a mighty fine job of it, i i do say so myself
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Rhino5dm: 1:54pm On Aug 07, 2011
^Happy sunday bruv!
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by edoyad(m): 2:23pm On Aug 07, 2011
seems there's more to some of our relationships with these media outlets. undecided
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Richtalk: 2:32pm On Aug 07, 2011
Check out her CV

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5722945-146/curriculum_vitae.csp

She was working for Howard University between 1990 and 1992. Can Howard University Fault that?

My understanding is that in most foreign Universities, you can complete your studies and even obtain your certificate at a certain year but graduate at a different year.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by edoyad(m): 2:52pm On Aug 07, 2011
Richtalk:

Check out her CV

She was working for Howard University between 1990 and 1992. Can Howard University Fault that?

My understanding is that in most foreign Universities, you can complete your studies and even obtain your certificate at a certain year but graduate at a different year.

I don't know how they run their programs there, that's why i said:
edoyad:
I don't work for NNPC if that's what you're implying. What i know is that i've seen many of such cases before and it's only a matter of time before the truth is all out. Afterall, even Obama "tricked the US into believing he was born there", didn't he ?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by antitpiah: 2:53pm On Aug 07, 2011
Richtalk:

Check out her CV

Stop saying things you have no idea about.

If you have no idea, just STFU
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by antitpiah: 2:57pm On Aug 07, 2011
oyb:

http://saharareporters.com/letter/criminal-activities-234nextcom

long hiss

its not an article by SR, it a published LETTER from a person tosin badmus whose google search hits include fansforgoodluck

nuff said

those who support government of dullards by dullards for dullards / of liars by liars for liars are free to keep laughing and loling

its their turn to be as useless as the northern vampires they keep whining about - and they are doing a mighty fine job of it, i i do say so myself

Jumping to conclusion too fast.

Hmm NL intellectuals, they never cease to amaze me.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Richtalk: 3:01pm On Aug 07, 2011
antitpiah:

Stop saying things you have no idea about.

If you have no idea, just STFU

Am sure of what am saying guy and I am a product of it in a foreign School.

Get to understand this, what you they graduation over there is what we normally call convocation in Nigeria.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by antitpiah: 3:04pm On Aug 07, 2011
Richtalk:

Am sure of what am saying guy and I am a product of it.

example please?

The day you get your pali is the day you graduate.

Once you are done, you are done.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Richtalk: 3:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
antitpiah:

example please?

The day you get your pali is the day you graduate.

Once you are done, you are done.

I don't need keep arguing with you. Make your research well. Find out about schools in UK or US. Find out when they normally do their graduation.

I don't have to name my school, but I did my graduation exactly one year after I got my certificate.  In some schools you even do your graduation without getting the certificate immediately.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by antitpiah: 3:18pm On Aug 07, 2011
Richtalk:

I don't need keep arguing with you. Make your research well. Find out about schools in UK or US. Find out when they normally do their graduation.

I don't have to name my school, but I did my graduation exactly one year after I got my certificate.  In some schools you even do your graduation without getting the certificate immediately.

Obviously you are in the UK, so your POV matters not in this case.

Secondly, the day you walk isnt technically the day you graduate.

You graduate once you've completed the necessary coursework for your degree

Now, go play with yourself.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Richtalk: 3:38pm On Aug 07, 2011
antitpiah:

Obviously you are in the UK, so your POV matters not in this case.

Secondly, the day you walk isnt technically the day you graduate.

You graduate once you've completed the necessary coursework for your degree

Now, go play with yourself.

This man, why are you confusing yourself?

Get this clear, even if you've completed coursework in an earlier year, your name only appears in the year you did your formal "graduation".

And mind you, am not in UK.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Akainzo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 07, 2011
Richtalk:

This man, why are you confusing yourself?

Get this clear, even if you've completed coursework in an earlier year, your name only appears in the year you did your formal "graduation".

And mind you, am not in UK.

You are trying too hard to convince even yourself. All schools have academic calendars and thus some cut-off dates for completion of all course works. Once you complete it in time for that year's graduation, then you graduate in that year and you're awarded your degree.

Note it clearly, your year of graduation is the year your school publishes your name, as that is when they certify that you have completed all academic work and they also find your worthy of being called a graduate of that school. Prior to that time, you are still a student, even if you have no course work. This is why your certificate is always dated with your year of graduation.

In this particular case, I would like to know if her certificate reads 1987 or 1992.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by Richtalk: 11:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Akainzo:

You are trying too hard to convince even yourself. All schools have academic calendars and thus some cut-off dates for completion of all course works. Once you complete it in time for that year's graduation, then you graduate in that year and you're awarded your degree.

Note it clearly, your year of graduation is the year your school publishes your name, as that is when they certify that you have completed all academic work and they also find your worthy of being called a graduate of that school. Prior to that time, you are still a student, even if you have no course work. This is why your certificate is always dated with your year of graduation.

In this particular case, I would like to know if her certificate reads 1987 or 1992.

Did I say anything different?
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by naijaking1: 3:33am On Aug 08, 2011
So the campaign against Madueke is still on
Well, at least her attendance and graduation from Howard has been verified grin
How about checking that thing about whether she's a male or female?
Me too, I like to do the test self cool
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by dayokanu(m): 7:33am On Aug 08, 2011
So this woman self dey doctor her thing
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by juman(m): 7:36am On Aug 08, 2011
naijaking1:

So the campaign against Madueke is still on
Well, at least her attendance and graduation from Howard has been verified grin
How about checking that thing about whether she's a male or female?
Me too, I like to do the test self cool

You are not serious. grin
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by flopath(m): 7:53am On Aug 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

There was that black woman who started off low at some job in an ivy league school, but lied on her resume to get the job.

She eventually rose to the top position in the admissions department of the school. When it was found out that she lied 30 years earlier for the entry level position, she was fired.

I'd find the article, but my google-fu seem to be failing me atm.

This happened at MIT, and the woman is not black though you might be talking about another case entirely.

When the NYSC thing started I knew something was up. Nigeria needs a proper vetting process/body for all public officials. Bankole had the same NYSC trouble until he produced some certificate. Only God knows where he got it from. Anyway, I am sure this would go away after some time, but we still need a mechanism to ensure that these people don't just feel like they don't need to be accountable.
Re: Howard University Faults Alison- Madueke’s Year Of Graduation by abouzaid: 8:36am On Aug 08, 2011
I hail 9ja, we are three much

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lets Analyse Tinubus Remaining Chance Of Winning... / Abuja Under Threat — Senate / Macarthur Foundation Grants SERAP ₦‎5 Billion For Nigerian Advocacy Since 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.