Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,766 members, 7,875,923 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:15 AM

‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen (394 Views)

'why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Famer-herder Crisis / Ohanaeze Cautions Buhari Over Call On US, UK To Proscribe IPOB / South-east Governors Asked Muhammadu Buhari To Proscribe IPOB - Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by nairalandankrah: 4:07am On Aug 23, 2022
Nobel laureate Wole Soyinka has questioned the Federal Government’s proscription of IPOB and the handling of the fulani herder menace

Speaking exclusively to Channels Television’s NewsNight, a pre-recorded program which airs every Monday, the literary icon wondered why the government was yet to ban cattle group, Miyetti Allah while it had proscribed the Indigenous People of Biafra, a group seeking the secession of the South-East from Nigeria.

He said Nigeria must always put the country’s history in perspective in order to understand security challenges.

“My temperament does not accept that anyone should chase me out of my God-given earth. So, it’s a temperamental thing as well,” Soyinka said.

The idea that you can unleash terror on me because you want my little patch of territory or you want my soul, that is you want to subjugate me, you want to turn me into a slave. Well, I would sort that out first.

“And then I’ll make up my mind whether I want to leave. So each outrage, unfortunately, has the opposite effect. Whether the outrage is taking place in Benue, in Kaduna, or is taking place in Owo. Or whether it is taking place right here on the (Ogun state) border – we’ve been subjected also to this lunacy, of the subjugation mentality which some minority people hold. And I find it very difficult to accept to be chased out of my own entitled portion of the earth.

Many people just either do not know history or do not understand the purpose of history. And then there’s a different group also who are very selective about history; they know how to distort or misuse history.

“Take for instance when the incursion of the Fulani herdsmen began, and the Miyetti Allah. Their spokesman said, I think it was in Borno, we once ruled this place, and we can take back our land anytime we want. I remember that statement; I’ve never forgotten. In the midst of the trauma of these people, somebody comes gloating and then citing selective portions of history. I said this person should be arrested and locked up, who says he wants to repeat his history of conquest – he’s admitting either knowledge, before or after, or support, anyway. Isn’t there anything like hate speech anymore? Why are you proscribing IPOB without proscribing Miyetti Allah?”..

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/08/22/why-proscribe-ipob-and-not-miyetti-allah-soyinka-on-famer-herder-crisis/

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by Nukilia: 4:12am On Aug 23, 2022
All these is about to change come 2023. One thing is certain, Miyetti Allah will move all their properties to Niger via the Buhari rail line.

6 Likes

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by Staphylococcus: 4:17am On Aug 23, 2022
His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu, will dialogue with all aggrieved stakeholders in the country.

From IPOB, Boko-Haram, ESN and UGM, DOWN TO cultism across states and educational institution, His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu has stated that, it will be a focal point of his administration. He knows that insecurity will always hinder growth and why he has promised to critically address the societal menace.
Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by Laggafin: 4:22am On Aug 23, 2022
He's grand commander of miyeti Allah and can't and won't dare to proscribe it.. so Baba Soyinka .. rest
Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by loosecanon50(m): 4:23am On Aug 23, 2022
What do you expect from Buhari who is the grand patron saint of Fulani herdsmen and bandits?

Well, all that will change come 2023. Nigerians, vote wisely. Vote Peter Obi because he is a storm that will bring good tidings to all the corners of Nigeria.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by nairalandankrah: 4:24am On Aug 23, 2022
Staphylococcus:
His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu, will dialogue with all aggrieved stakeholders in the country.

From IPOB, Boko-Haram, ESN and UGM, DOWN TO cultism across states and educational institution, His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Okechukwu Tinubu has stated that, it will be a focal point of his administration. He knows that insecurity will always hinder growth and why he has promised to critically address the societal menace.

Does staphylococcus also affect the brain? Cos only someone with that sickness can say this kind of lie u just wrote.. grin

6 Likes

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by loosecanon50(m): 4:26am On Aug 23, 2022
Staphylococcus:

I can see that insanity is one of the primary requirements to be an APC supporter. All Tinubu should be doing right now is attending to his ailing health and spending time with his grandkids as their Grampa. Let him forget about Presidency

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by damble: 4:35am On Aug 23, 2022
Abokis will tell you we are one NIGERIA but you can't practice what they do in other regions in the NORTH

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by sweetonugbu: 4:45am On Aug 23, 2022
Headsmen are untouchables.

1 Like

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by Realist12: 4:48am On Aug 23, 2022
They can't be proscribed because you can't tie them to the crime and they are not coming out to claim any attacks that has happened. That can't be said about IPOB we all hear Kanu and Ekpa threatening the Nigerian government , for example Kanu told his followers to burn Lagos and they did.
Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by ekineme: 4:54am On Aug 23, 2022
Staphylococcus:

Your pay master is saying otherwise, did you listen to what your vp said yesterday? He said "your pay master will handle economy" while he the Vp will handle security.Smh, you guys keep playing stomach infrastructure politics instead of competency

2 Likes

Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by GardenOfGod(m): 6:15am On Aug 23, 2022
OK...
Re: ‘Why Proscribe IPOB And Not Miyetti Allah?’ – Soyinka On Fulani Herdsmen by GardenOfGod(m): 6:15am On Aug 23, 2022

(1) (Reply)

NBA Conference: ’Shettima’s Suit Is Oversized’, APC Chieftain Admits / Muslim-muslim Ticket: Revisiting The Annals Of History? Chidi Matthew Nwachukwu / In USA, Peter Obi Vows To Increase Electricity Or Leave Presidency After First T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.