Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,078 members, 7,916,138 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 04:13 PM

‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying (685 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Addresses The Media / "Time To Reboot Nigeria" - Peter Obi Addresses Nigerians 7 Days Before Election / Peter Obi Addresses Prayer Mat Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Tokotaya: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2022
Microsecondnews.com Photo of MSN Reporter MSN ReporterAugust 23, 20220 1 minute read

‘My statistics now must be accurate’, Peter Obi addresses allegations of lying

Photo Caption: Peter Obi, showing lawyers where he gets his stats from now.

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, has expressed his commitment to quoting statistics from only credible sources going forward.

The politician has come under heavy criticism from opponents who accused him of quoting unreliable and misleading statistics in order to canvass his points of view.

Speaking on the sidelines of the ongoing Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) conference at the Eko Hotel and Suites on Monday, Obi told a group of lawyers who were with him in a lounge after his session that he now quotes figures released by the Nigeria Bureau of Statistics (NBS).

He argued that this is a credible warehouse of statistics about Nigeria.

He faulted the figures quoted by a fellow speaker at the session, noting that the figures he was quoting were not the official figures as released by the NBS.

Obi brought out his phone and searched for the relevant information.

He said: “For example, that NBA question on expenditure is here. (Reading) Actual earning, N1,630 tr. which was what I was quoting.

“He (the unnamed fellow speaker) has to quote NBS, not anyone else. If it was me that spoke that thing now, it would be everywhere.

“So, my figures now must be accurate. It must be what anybody can go and verify immediately.”

Listen to him below.
https://microsecondnews.com/index.php/2022/08/23/my-statistics-now-must-be-accurate-peter-obi-addresses-allegations-of-lying/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by muykem: 11:52am On Aug 23, 2022
Peter Obi will be better as a student union president. Nobody have time to cross check their statements and quotes. Someone aspiring to be a president will just be quoting nonsense. Assuming he win, his policies will also be tailoring towards those wrong statistics.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by derecho(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2022
The guy good abeg...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Poppia: 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2022
Shuperu
Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2022
A president that admits and takes correction... little wonder why he said he would sack any adviser that agrees with him 2 - 3 times..

Nigeria lets help ourselves..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by agadez007(m): 12:07pm On Aug 23, 2022
Now you have it
A leader that accepts that he made a mistake and willing to adjust,not the type that has ear problem
I am beginning to like this guy everyday

Me to my PVC everytime I remember that my vote is for this man

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Kastonkastroll(m): 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
muykem:
Peter Obi will be better as a student union president. Nobody have time to cross check their statements and quotes. Someone aspiring to be a president will just be quoting nonsense. Assuming he win, his policies will also be tailoring towards those wrong statistics.
I tell you. For a moment I was like WTF, shey this man no say na in front of intellectuals e dey so.

The man just go crammed so many jargons for head.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by pricklewane: 12:10pm On Aug 23, 2022
Good on lying like a bastard
derecho:
The guy good abeg...

1 Like

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Tokotaya: 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2022
For me, the fact that he can use Google himself and not rely on what his aides tell him all the time is a breath of fresh air. He should do better than all the others we have had up till now.

5 Likes

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by YourhealthNG2(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nigeria needs a president that is alive to his responsibilities..

Nigeria needs Peter Obi..

Proudly Obidient

3 Likes

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by femisplash: 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2022
Esseite:
A president that admits and takes correction... little wonder why he said he would sack any adviser that agrees with him 2 - 3 times..

Nigeria lets help ourselves..
But you blind supporters have been defending his lies and branding his several lies as being intelligent. But now that he has publicly admitted to his abilities at spewing false statistics, y'all have turned 360°. If you guys could bow down to lick Kanu's urine, there's nothing that's beyond you.

1 Like

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by surgical: 1:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
Those of you here that can get intouch with Peter Obi should please tell him to tone down on Statistics for now,he has made his point with Statistics
When campaign starts he should focus on solutions, how he intends to achieve and if possible timeline
Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
femisplash:

But you blind supporters have been defending his lies and branding his several lies as being intelligent. But now that he has publicly admitted to his abilities at spewing false statistics, y'all have turned 360°. If you guys could bow down to lick Kanu's urine, there's nothing that's beyond you.

He didnt tell lies.. he only stated that previously he worked with multiple infos from various source, but now he would restrict to just NBS..

1 Like

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by femisplash: 2:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
Esseite:

He didnt tell lies.. he only stated that previously he worked with multiple infos from various source, but now he would restrict to just NBS..
He has admitted his lies, so rest abeg.

1 Like

Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
femisplash:

Read... the article is just above... no need for back and forth.
Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Ddokie: 3:21pm On Aug 23, 2022
femisplash:

It is this political season that made me realize that most people don't know a what a lie means.

Mr Oga, a lie is to intentionally give out wrong info in a bid to deceive the receiver of the information.

So for you to term what someone says as a lie, these conditions must be met

1. The info is wrong
2. The info giver knows that it is wrong
3. He is giving the info to deceive for personal gains.

Please give me a link to one of POs lies.
Re: ‘my Statistics Now Must Be Accurate’, Peter Obi Addresses Allegations Of Lying by Indispensable85(m): 3:56pm On Aug 23, 2022
Lol..... Obi d liar

(1) (Reply)

In No Distant Time, Governor Wike Will Join The Obidient Team - Chris Nwokobia / Bola Tinubu Vs Peter Obi Comparison / Peter Obi Must Reach Out To Africa And Talk Unity. Ghanian Economist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.