Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,953 members, 7,873,055 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University (6126 Views)

Gov Sani Reduces School Fees Of All State-owned Tertiary Institutions In Kaduna / Niger Gov, Bago Revokes C Of O Of State-owned IBB University / Two New Lagos State-Owned Universities Receive NUC Recognition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by OEPHIUS(m): 3:49am On Aug 24, 2022
Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of Enugu State has approved the constitution of a Project Implementation Committee (PIC) to ensure the smooth take-off of the newly licensed State University of Medical and Applied Sciences (SUMAS), Igbo-Eno, Enugu State.

In a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Simon Uchenna Ortuanya, the committee is chaired by Prof. Valentine O. Ekechukwu while the Deputy Chief of Staff to the Governor, Prof. Malachy Ikechukwu Okwueze serves as the secretary.

Members of the committee include a representative of the World Health Organization (WHO), Dr. Chika Okoro, a representative of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria, Dr. Nnaemeka Nwakanma, a representative of the Executive Secretary, National Universities Commission (NUC), Prof. Hafiz Abubakar, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH), Enugu, Prof. Obinna D. Onodugo, and the Vice Chancellor of Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT), Prof. Aloysius-Michaels Okolie.

Other members of the committee are the Vice Chancellor of Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu, Prof. Christian Anieke, the Chairman, ESUT Teaching Hospital Board, Prof. Ed Nwobodo, the Chief Medical Director, Niger Foundation Hospital, Enugu, Prof. Gerald Picardo, and the Medical Director, National Orthopedic Hospital, Enugu, Dr. Emma Iyidiobi.

Recall that the NUC recently granted license to Gov. Ugwuanyi’s administration to establish a new, full-fledged state-owned medical university, named the State University of Medical and Applied Sciences (SUMAS) Igbo-Eno, Enugu State.

The milestone achievement is in furtherance of the state government’s concerted efforts towards increased access to quality university education for the teeming youths, enhanced healthcare service delivery for the people of Enugu State and beyond, as well as the full actualisation of its rural development and socio-economic expansion programmes in line with the governor’s inaugural address in 2015.
https://independent.ng/ugwuanyi-constitutes-committee-on-take-off-of-new-state-owned-medical-university/

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by saintfaculty(m): 4:45am On Aug 24, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Freelane33(m): 4:45am On Aug 24, 2022
No be small thing
God will bless Nigeria
With Good president soon
Obidatti2023
Everything in nigeria
Will work and be great again

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Omonieme: 4:45am On Aug 24, 2022
The universities wey dey ground, them never fit adequately fund them. Na to dey build new ones dey their minds. I believe Enugu state already has a state university. Why not use this money to enhance it's college of medicine and applied sciences? What's the rationale behind establishing a new uni? Has it been proven that UNN and the state uni can't cater to the admission needs of Enugu citizens? Nigerian politicians and ill thought decisions Sha. BTW, why is it that Enugu state threads always effortlessly make it to the front page? Is someone here on the payroll of the ENSG?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by SmartPolician: 4:53am On Aug 24, 2022
OEPHIUS

I hope you will keep bringing us Enugu news when Ugwuanyi leaves office next year undecided
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by obi4eze(m): 4:58am On Aug 24, 2022
Hmm
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Amuluonyenaego: 5:06am On Aug 24, 2022
What a good work
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by KingsCity: 5:22am On Aug 24, 2022
a lot of work still needs to be done

Cause that place is still a forest o

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Nalie2: 5:28am On Aug 24, 2022
Ophieus, you and your oga are moving mad!!! Tell him to leave my land alone! Useless People
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by pacino26(m): 5:41am On Aug 24, 2022
Nalie2:
Ophieus, you and your oga are moving mad!!! Tell him to leave my land alone! Useless People

The Land Use Act is doing more harm than good in Enugu state. My brother calm down and try to seek advice from a lawyer.

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by vickyfrancis1(m): 5:45am On Aug 24, 2022
Era of white elephant projects to be abandoned now the tenure is almost over and expecting subsequent governments for project continuity....you had 7+ years and you couldn't...Tufiakwa politicians

2 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by MrJah(m): 6:01am On Aug 24, 2022
The hospital is a massive one. Have been there myself and I can tell you that I am proud of Enugu State

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by aikyg(m): 6:28am On Aug 24, 2022
How can you build university in the middle of nowhere without fencing the perimeter? I'm just tired of some of our Nigerian engineers.
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Blessedarethepe(m): 6:33am On Aug 24, 2022
Omonieme:
The universities wey dey ground, them never fit adequately fund them. Na to dey build new ones dey their minds. I believe Enugu state already has a state university. Why not use this money to enhance it's college of medicine and applied sciences? What's the rationale behind establishing a new uni? Has it been proven that UNN and the state uni can't cater to the admission needs of Enugu citizens? Nigerian politicians and ill thought decisions Sha. BTW, why is it that Enugu state threads always effortlessly make it to the front page? Is someone here on the payroll of the ENSG?
Despite your correct submission, I still find it good for the creation of more learning centres. Millions write jamb every year and only half of the population get to gain admission.

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by JokwaNwannem(m): 7:13am On Aug 24, 2022
compare the college of medicine dave umahi built to what ugwuanyi of Enugu state built you will realize dave umahi is classic in terms of infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Aug 24, 2022
That's it. ..Igbos need to produce more doctors at least 5000 every year ,20000 nurses and export 70% of that to Europe and North America

Forget our oil ,gas , coal etc human resources is Igbo land greatest resources

4 Likes

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by AkuOlisa: 8:38am On Aug 24, 2022
Other governors are busy talking about 2023 election but Enugu governor is busy doing what he was elected to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Manna4Gurls: 8:56am On Aug 24, 2022
AkuOlisa:
Other governors are busy talking about 2023 election but Enugu governor is busy doing what he was elected to do.

I love your speech. Reasonable enough

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Starships4u(m): 9:22am On Aug 24, 2022
This is exactly the proliferation of UNIVERSITIES ASUU was talking about....

The old ones ain't healthy, yet yhu are bringing in new ones
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by Mistykeen: 12:01pm On Aug 24, 2022
KingsCity:
a lot of work still needs to be done

Cause that place is still a forest o
Na small small brother make we encourage the one wey don start first
Re: Ugwuanyi Constitutes Committee On Take-Off Of New State-Owned Medical University by EmmyOD(m): 1:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
Omonieme:
See what a gibberish a suppsedly 21st century youth is vomiting. Sory embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Check Federal Poly Nekede ND & HND Admission Lists Online 2013/2014 / A Picture Of Obama With A Bizarre Handshake / Real Waec Gce Question And Answer For All Subject Obj / Objective/theory/ Essay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.