Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,845 members, 7,912,293 topics. Date: Tuesday, 06 August 2024 at 05:55 AM

Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? (20297 Views)

Wizkid's Pakurumo Video With Funke Akindele: Thoughts? / Ew! Video : Wizkid- Pakurumo (available For Mobile Download ) / Wizkid Stole 'holla At Ur Boi"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by laj1(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2011
Bluetooth it seems u are feeling hyper abi?u dare make a remark on my comment like that.won a handle e,
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Aug 10, 2011
publisher:
Kai, i said it once,nairaland has a ridiculously high population of self-hating,envious,failures. Which artiste (world over) does not sample other songs. Wizkid is awesome,call him razz,call him anything,he is good. Yes,he uses auto tune,so does lil' wayne and a host of others, if using auto tunes was that easy Mujinho4b,Bluetooth and their likes should go release their own songs. Rubbish!

wiz[b]KID[/b], you are the [b]MAN [/b]jare

'scatter da floooooooooooooooor, iiyeh yeeeeeh!'

Someone still doesn't get it lol.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by ssfWeShss: 4:50pm On Aug 10, 2011
im beginning to suspect all d songs in his album were stolen from sumone,
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by MMM2(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2011
hmmm angry
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by vybe: 7:44pm On Aug 10, 2011
Wizkid does not have any lyrics it the help of samklif banky that why he is doin do well,but itis bad if he has done the to the poor girls let him companciate her or do colabo wit
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by mailmalc(m): 8:33pm On Aug 10, 2011
So, where's the supposed 'original' version of the song?. . it is wrong to jump into early conclusion, lets hear yours first then we'll know who actually stole 'a' song. Trust me, it's almost difficult to 'steal' a whole song. There's hardly anything original these days, from beat samples to melodies.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by eleshin(m): 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2011
I dey laff o
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by boss1310(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10, 2011
can you show me a popular musician even foreign artists of this present age that doesnt imitate other's work,there is none.thats why i listen to my oldies(that is when artists must know how to play an instrument)how many of this present artists can handle musical instruments i think none,im never a fan of the guy wizkid i dont know what he looks like but the blame shouldnt be dropped squarely on the guy's doorsteps. its not fair.the only advise i can offer to his producers and sponsors is that if the guy is not that talented they should be ready to forget about him in 2 years.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by LoveKing(m): 12:21am On Aug 11, 2011
KnowAll:

back belle plenty for here, when u are his age, I bet u were still sucking ya mums bosom. You know dey shame?

old man shut up. what have you achieved in your aged life? mediocre like you
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by decogrin(m): 1:43am On Aug 11, 2011
Spare me the thrash,is the lady's song copyrighted under NCC??then whats the fuss all about, 9ice stole jule from RXD verbatim et verbatim, yet no dog barked, terru g sings cherubim and celestial song,no cow mooed,so why the double standard selective judgement,the lady probabaly wanted cheap popularity,and she's got it,her next song will be"I WAN FINISH WIZKID"A-la nico gravity,thats how she will burst into limelight
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 11, 2011
decogrin:

Spare me the thrash,is the lady's song copyrighted under NCC??then whats the fuss all about, 9ice stole jule from RXD verbatim et verbatim, yet no dog barked, terru g sings cherubim and celestial song,no cow mooed,so why the double standard selective judgement,the lady probabaly wanted cheap popularity,and she's got it,her next song will be"I WAN FINISH WIZKID"A-la nico gravity,thats how she will burst into limelight

Thank you jare. The most disgusting part was that she had the guts to question his talent saying she doesn't know "why people fawn over him". . . what a sore, bellyaching loser the unknown she-goat is! If she has more talent, why isn't she in the limelight? ? ? If I catch her type I would gladly give her 21 koboko lashes on her bare bottom - in public. Mumu.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Owenuneed: 8:24am On Aug 11, 2011
Is he d only upcoming artist in naija,dat guy is a thief,why didn't they accuse olamide for stealing eni duro,he stole holla @ ur boy just to enter d fame,he needs to be stopped
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by yemipretty(f): 9:51am On Aug 11, 2011
Pakurumo is really a juju/fuji slang for dance. Yinka Ayefele also had a Pakurumo track in one album -pakurumo ko jo daada. So y is the lady beefing Wizkid. I don't like the guy but make the woman no dey lay claim to wetin no be her own.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by labamo07(m): 10:28am On Aug 11, 2011
@ogugua am not surprised @ your critics cuz i presume you've got no feats to show to people except for your nonsensical criticisms, Was the so called Pakurumo d hit track in the album? There are many hit tracks there and in @ all its true he stole the track, why dont you and you fellow mumus critisizing the boy steal tracks from people and go to the studio and give us something, I wonder if yu are good @ anytin, probably to f**k, i.d.i.o.t, mtcheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Dharmie4krist(m): 11:30am On Aug 11, 2011
Olodos dat not copyn dats stealing. He's nt talentd bt endowd with voice ole, E ba mi ki gbe ole![color=#006600][/color]
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Gbenge77(m): 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2011
This whizkid dude is becoming more controversial by the day
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by lawyerchap(m): 5:44pm On Aug 11, 2011
If you jumped to the conclusion that Wizkid stole the song, without even asking to hear the original song, then you're a hater who envies the young lad his success. If this so called original composer of the song really did have a case, how come no one has seen this video which she has purportedly sent to a lawyer? Is she not on Facebook? Its the easiest thing in the world to put the video on Facebook and the internet would do its viral thing. (and doing that does not and cannot in any way jeopardize its value as evidence, to preempt any arguments about her lawyer asking her not to) She needs to come to terms with the fact that fame isn't meant for everyone and find some other gift to leverage and fulfil her destiny. Pakurumos are all over the place: Yinka Ayefele, as pointed out here, and also Vector's new single Mr Vector has that too. I don't hear anyone saying anything about that.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 6:16pm On Aug 11, 2011
i'm no good in music but i love this wizkid mehn!
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 12:31am On Aug 12, 2011
labamo07:
@ogugua am not surprised @ your critics cuz i presume you've got no feats to show to people except for your nonsensical criticisms,  Was the so called Pakurumo d hit track in the album? There are many hit tracks there and in @ all its true he stole the track, why dont you and you fellow mumus critisizing the boy steal tracks from people and go to the studio and give us something,  I wonder if yu are good @ anytin, probably to bleep, i.d.i.o.t, mtcheeeeeeeeeeew

Have you finished?

Hit or not, a song was written and he's taken full credit for the song. I would give him the benefit of the doubt, but then his hit single "Holla At Your Boy" was sampled from Se7en, to whom he did not give credit. Sure, the girl could be lying, but Wizkid put himself in this situation.

I didn't know that in order to give criticism we had to attempt what the artist(s) was doing. So we should all buy albums and then shut up right? I like your thinking. If you were an artist, such thinking will get you far. If you're bored, go read about copyright infringement.

Just because others have done it doesn't make it right. Naija wants to play big boy with the rest of the music industry but then resort back to locality when the situation is no longer suiting them.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Evans5050: 10:19am On Aug 12, 2011
Bad belle people

Well the road to success is not so smooth.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by manmustwac(m): 7:09pm On Aug 12, 2011
if thiefkid wants to copy another persons song he should at least get permission from the person who owns the copyright to that song then come to some agreement about how he will settle that person. That is how its done in developed countries.

And besides why isn't there a proper link to the story. I couldn't find it in the tribune.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Aug 14, 2011
Evans5050:

Bad belle people

Well the road to success is not so smooth.

it can never be smooth when u are a thief
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Omoobasa: 9:52pm On Aug 15, 2011
Na wa o, like mentor like mentee. anyway, i still think he's got hope with is voice,young age and looks but with better influence; and to all those pointing out other artiste as copycats i dont think that is an excuse for anyone to use as a platform to boost his/her career. it sucks and kills, ask from "Milli Vanilli". not like i support too much sampling but it is better than out right plagiarism we know thats Psquare(samplers). and by the way terry g no steal person song he just used the song he was featured in like his own and people thought it was his. Wizkid steal person entire music as in title, chorus n all, but you cant rob talent o e go catch up with you no wonder he uses a lot of auto tune. we have to fight stealing of any kind in the industry "PAY THE OWNER and THANK THE OWNER", Banky advice ur boy, but how? u sef na thief jor!!!
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by brainette: 11:17pm On Aug 15, 2011
shocked shocked shocked see hating and beefing in high places!!! anyways, haters are always gonna hate. in case u didn't know, ur spreading his popularity all d more. all ye haterz need to hug transformers! i recommend the ones at Mende or better still, visit Kainji Dam!
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by amblors(m): 2:15am On Aug 16, 2011
Why is it that the "hating" on this kid is 3pages long and no one bothered thrashing "Terry G"
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Nobody: 4:54am On Aug 16, 2011
Because Terry G's matter don old. He's been bashed for how many years now lol. Notin dey to bash na.
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Earnshaw(m): 7:32pm On Aug 18, 2011
am not suprised at all. Auto-tuned voice, bad diction, maybe he even stole d name. He should have just sticked to dancing
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Googlephet29ce: 1:47pm On Aug 25, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
All the beefers in da house, SHUT THE Bleep UP, Wizkid has made his money, he can not still anybody musik,
But if you still insist, ''walk down the road and go hurg transfomer'' or ''climb nepa pole begin dey dance disco''
Am Googlephet29ce,
My facebook username is googlephet29ce@facebook.com
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by switch47(m): 4:59am On Aug 26, 2011
Bottom line is he stole what is not his own. it is wrong!! -

naijahood
Re: Wizkid Stole Pakurumo? by Jenifa1: 5:01am On Aug 26, 2011
he should have stolen from a dead artiste instead. that's how his mates do it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MURIC To NBC, Others: Ban Portable’s ‘Kuku Do Ritual' / Fuji Music Is The Best Music In The World / Nigerian Entertainment Awards 2012 : List Of Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.