Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,428 members, 7,974,753 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:40 AM

Tinubu Campaign Confirms Talks With Wike, Says Rivers Gov Trapped In PDP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Campaign Confirms Talks With Wike, Says Rivers Gov Trapped In PDP (1767 Views)

Atiku Blasts Wike, Says Rivers People Have Rejected Self-serving Godfathers / Fubara Has Erased Rivers History With Assembly Demolition, Says Rivers Lawmaker / LP Confirms Talks With Ogun APC Faction, May Give Amosun’s Candidate Guber Ticke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Tinubu Campaign Confirms Talks With Wike, Says Rivers Gov Trapped In PDP by SU50: 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Atiku has never done anything for the north! Atiku only visits the north for campaign and then head back to Dubai after losing.. I have never seen him talk about insecurity bewilding the north!!

1- the only thing working out for Atiku is the sentiment that his a northern hausa/fulani, of course this is the only reason many northerners will vote for him, but he doesn't have any strong structure on ground to make him win north overwhelmingly

2- Atiku barely defeated Buhari in 2019 in his state, check the result.. that is a very poor outing for some you claim as a grass root politician.. if that's the margin Atiku will use in defeating Tinubu in 2023 in north, then it's game over for him, because I don't see Atiku getting 30% in SW

3- Atiku was mercilessly beaten and flogged by Buhari in the north, it wasn't even a contest!! Lol Atiku couldn't even get 20% in kano that's to show u how unpopular he is.. it was the south that pulled votes for him!!

4- bauchi votes for Buhari, so what's ur point?

5- lol there was nothing bad that was not said against buhari in 2019, there was no single good news about buhari, everybody was insulting him in the streets!! Not only did buhari win, but he won convincingly!! Even in Benue state, he only lost with 300k votes.. Buhari is still and will forever be a demi God in the north.. his still the most popular politician in the north

6- with zulum and shettima, Tinubu automatically has yobe, borno and parts of gombe.. don't forget borno has the highest votes in NE, that means Tinubu has 40% already in this region

7- come to NW.. Tinubu has ppl like El-Rufai, ganduje, shekarau, yerima, atiku bagudu, salami, matawalle, wammako, buhari etc
These are grass root politicians wityh masses on ground, who can pull votes.. who does Atiku have!?

Please may I know which state ur from?

I love your take even though certain things are funny, over simplified.

If you think atiku defeating buhari in 2019 in Adamawa was mean feat then sorry for you, there won't be a buhari on the ballot this time around.

Buhari is not Tinubu, won't explain further.

And I still hold that you over estimate zulum and shettima and underate the NE.

As for NW, you should have known that they rejected PDP in 2015 even though there were lots of big wigs of the party in the region, of 7 governors in the region of the APC, only 2 have any semblance of a reputation, the rest were unknowns and that's when the region was not suffering from the current abject neglect and insecurity, I don't think even the governors who are still non committal to the party can turn around the fortunes of the party there.

Its going to be a long ride for the APC.

I prefer saying I am from north without divulging my state.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Confirms Talks With Wike, Says Rivers Gov Trapped In PDP by mach7(m): 11:37pm On Aug 24, 2022
Think9ja:
tongue

All these people saying Tinubu is popular in the North bla bla bla.

Tinubu is not popular among the electorates. He's only popular among a few elites. I doubt if El-Rufai is for Tinubu, and he has a large following.
I honestly haven't seen someone that has said he wants to vote Tinubu in where I currently live.

I've seen a few Obidients, a few Atikulateds and a very very minute Kwankwasiyas.

I swear to you that people here don't like or want to vote Tinubu.

Maybe that might change before the elections tho
El-Rufai lead the team that brainstormed on the composition of the Presidential Campaign Council. So what makes him not to be with Tinubu?

Go to Kaduna and check the posters of Uba Sani who is the Governorship candidate. It is Asiwaju Tinubu for show. Even Dikko Radda, the Governorship candidate for Katsina was Tinubu's agent together with James Faleke at the convention.

Some of you guys analyse politics like kids. No offense.
Re: Tinubu Campaign Confirms Talks With Wike, Says Rivers Gov Trapped In PDP by slivertongue: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2022
ItsTutsi:
Lol it's clear you don't know much about northern politics or purposely trying to be mischievous! Atiku is not and has never been a popular politician in the north, his only goodwill is the "VP tag that he held, that's why he needed Tambuwal to step down for him, that's why most of his votes have always come from the south.. for u to compare him to buhari and kwankwasso, shows ur nativity

Atiku should even be lucky to win his home state Adamawa, his not a grass root politician, but a Dubai base politician.. everyone knows that!

Lol Tinubu's popularity in the north has nothing to do with money, but years of networking and connections, where was Atiku when Tinubu was playing politics with abacha and Abiola?! Where was he when the likes of Tinubu were fighting for democracy, where was he when Tinubu single handed fought GEJ and insisted on Buhari as APC candidate.. Atiku is not half of Tinubu, an evil saying this as a fellow northern hausa/fulani

All those names you mentioned are in the team of Tinubu apart from Lamido, Lamido only had cult fellowship in Jigawa state, which was swiped by Buhari's hurricane in 2015.. Buhari is still the most famous politician in the north, buhari campaigning for Tinubu, then it's game over for Atiku

Kashim shettima and zulum will give Atiku a run for his money in NE, the best Atiku can get in this zone is 60% at maximum.. here in NW we don't know him, as it's strictly party affair, straight APC

Which state and region are u from if I may ask?

The style of writing by most Northerners is often devoid of mockery, taunting, insults and innuendos we speak to the issues headlong so I doubt you are from NW.
No person from this side will tell you Atiku is a small fry. He is fully on ground. Atiku became a household name during days of Abiola. Had Atiku not stepped down for Bashorun MKO a second ballot btw him a kingibe would have taken place. Atiku inherited a political family established in the second republic which gave him political leverage. At a time Mr. Fix led that political family. To my mind, the said political family is the largest political family in Nigeria with active members and pseudo members from all facets of live, across all geopolitical zones and parties. Wazirin Adamawa is not a political neophyte though he has his own issues but defeating him in Adamawa and in NE isn't impossible as no man is God but it's a tall order. Atiku is not the most experienced politician in the North, Lamido and Goje should be the most experienced. Lamido was a first republic politician while Goje was a second republic politician but they are all associates of Atiku. Atiku didn't become popular when he became VP, he was a business man and a politician long before the coming of PDP. Infact his missteps as VP cost him alot of goodwill, much of which he is trying to overcome or manage. I said after 2019 election that Atiku would be back for 2023 and no person in PDP will stand in his way. Even before the primaries I made it clear that the North would take the PDP ticket and the South APC ticket. I opined that the SW wud get APC's and Atiku would fly that of PDP. Without Tambuwal he would have still won, he did same in 2018. Turaki may not throw more personal cash around but counts on his allies and associates to cover more mileage. How many Northern politicians can claim they never associated with or benefited from the political family Atiku belongs to?
Like I wrote earlier the North is disappointed in the leadership of APC, it has brought more anarchy and divisiveness. Even with the card reader machine which gave room for mass thumb printing APC struggled to win. It won but not with the margin it boast of, the BVAS machine won't entertain the incident form used to manipulate the election.
Most of you from the south think you know more our feelings than we do. If you know more about Northern politics, how come you assume that with APC's failures, Northerners would line up again to vote the same 'ideology' despite the ongoing anarchy.

When you write please interrogate political history very well, better still throw up the facts and allow us digest it. Reverse psychology ain't gonna help any politician.
Lastly, Buhari is indeed popular but what most southerners fail to understand is that not all Northerners were Buhari and that rank has swelled due to his manifest lack of capacity. Sadly to say his governance process has pitched groups against themselves. Today, there are natives of the North on one side ie non Hausa people, the is Hausa people on one side, there is fulani people on one side and there are marauders on the other side, all fighting for survival. The North is no more one formidable block.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? / APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today / JUST IN: Another Governor Dumps Atiku, Join Wike-led G5 Governors

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.